PDA

View Full Version : US confirms Syrian suicide bomber was American

jimnyc
05-31-2014, 07:23 AM
I love how they twist the news and somehow make this guy an American. He was in another country, not America. As Americans, we don't go around blowing people up, nowhere is it written that we need to do such things, nowhere. In fact, our constitution and bill of rights speak about rights for people, not about death. This guy was not a real American. I can't believe people believe whatever they write. (but I'm betting everything that he was a muslim still)

---

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department confirmed Friday that a U.S. citizen from Florida launched a suicide bombing against Syrian government troops earlier this week in what is believed to be the first time an American has been involved in such attacks since the start of the Syrian civil war.

Opposition forces fighting Syrian President Bashar Assad had earlier claimed that Abu Hurayra al-Amriki was, in fact, an American fighter who carried out a May 25 truck bombing outside a restaurant in the government-held northwestern city of Idlib. Al-Amriki means "the American."

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters on Friday that he was an American. Psaki said it appeared to be the first time an American citizen was involved in a suicide bombing since the start of the three-year civil war in Syria that has killed at least 160,000.

Psaki had no other details. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., told reporters in Miami Friday that Al-Amriki is from Florida but did not provide any further details.

It's unknown how many people al-Amriki killed in the bombing. Opposition rebels with the al-Qaida-linked insurgency al-Nusra Front said his truck was laden with 16 tons of explosives to tear down the al-Fanar restaurant in Idlib, a gathering site for Syrian troops.

Asaad Kanjo, an opposition activist based in the town of Saraqeb in Idlib province, said he heard that al-Amriki arrived in Syria a few months ago and tore up his American passport upon arrival.

Kanjo said even a local commander with the Nusra Front was surprised about al-Amriki, quoting him as saying that people do all they can to try go to the U.S. to get an American passport, and this man came here and got rid of his.

"From what I heard, I believe he was an American of Arab origin. People said that he spoke Arabic with a foreign accent, and he used to speak classical Arabic," Kanjo said.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-confirms-syrian-suicide-bomber-american-181342312--politics.html

Gaffer
05-31-2014, 07:36 AM
He wasn't an American, he was a muslim. The Constitution and islam do not mix. They will use this to encourage others here to use these same tactics.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-31-2014, 08:37 AM
He wasn't an American, he was a muslim. The Constitution and islam do not mix. They will use this to encourage others here to use these same tactics.

Dude was a murdering bastard inspired by a hate book- the Quran.
Their so-called holy book is just a different kind of Mein Kampf....

Their "Mein Kampf" is a religiously based manifesto by Mohammad in which he outlines his religious/political/military ideology and future plans for a world conquered and ruthlessly controlled by Islam!!

It teaches TOTAL Supremacy!!! Only it is not of race but of a religious/political creed . Same thing but just a different master to be put in absolute charge! --Tyr

aboutime
05-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Don't care what he ONCE was. He tried the SUICIDE BOMB test...and he won!

Saved the United States of America...the cost of a DRONE that might have taken him out.

There's a DRONE...stationed somewhere UP HIGH....Tapping it's foot, waiting! "NEXT!"

Drummond
05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
The moment any character acts like this, he becomes a traitor to his country of origin. He should have no right to call himself a US citizen, nor, indeed, should he be one. Traitors cannot deserve citizenship of the country they betray, which is what they do when they form any degree of allegiance with any grouping or movement already established to be the enemy.

We have the same problem in the UK ... reportedly, hundreds of 'UK citizens' have gone to fight for Al Qaeda in Syria.

Such creatures should be stripped of UK citizenship and either denied the means of ever re-entering the UK, or, be arrested the moment they arrive and face terrorism charges (... and since they'd be fighting with the US's enemies, I'd be happy for the US to see fit to extradite them on charges).

Only one drawback .. British law forbids agreeing to extradition if a death penalty may result. Which is one law we REALLY need to change !!

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/vice-news/an-interview-with-british-al-qaeda-fighters-in-syria

If Jafar wants to argue that scum such as this 'aren't Islamic', perhaps he could extend his travels to include Syria, and try debating his views with them.

Well, Jafar -- would you care to take up that challenge .. ?

fj1200
06-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I love how they twist the news and somehow make this guy an American. He was in another country, not America. As Americans, we don't go around blowing people up, nowhere is it written that we need to do such things, nowhere. In fact, our constitution and bill of rights speak about rights for people, not about death. This guy was not a real American. I can't believe people believe whatever they write. (but I'm betting everything that he was a muslim still)

Yet he was an American and that carries certain rights and privileges.

He wasn't an American, he was a muslim. The Constitution and islam do not mix.

I imagine a few million Muslim Americans would disagree.

The moment any character acts like this, he becomes a traitor to his country of origin. He should have no right to call himself a US citizen, nor, indeed, should he be one. Traitors cannot deserve citizenship of the country they betray, which is what they do when they form any degree of allegiance with any grouping or movement already established to be the enemy.

We do have a Constitution which defines treason. We also have due process afforded to citizens regardless your opinion of their offense.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
How bout' you go tell that to Obama, Kerry and State department that have not made it a top priority stop the execution of the pregnant wife of the American citizen that is condemn to be executed simply for marrying an American Christian!!!!!!!!!!!! -Tyr

jimnyc
06-01-2014, 01:47 PM

I thought my post was dripping with so much sarcasm that no one would believe I was really stating he wasn't American. But what rights do you think he has in this situation, other than to remain dead?

Drummond
06-01-2014, 01:53 PM
We do have a Constitution which defines treason. We also have due process afforded to citizens regardless your opinion of their offense.

You're fighting to offer a defence, FJ ?

What rights or privileges would you require such 'people' to retain ? Care to spell that out for me ?

aboutime
06-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Right you are 'fj'. Problem is. HE will never know any of those rights, and privileges. NEVER.

When you are DEAD. Other things, beside breathing, and heartbeat STOP. Like rights, and privileges.

Unless you know something we don't know????

jafar00
06-01-2014, 07:17 PM

What rights or privileges would you require such 'people' to retain ? Care to spell that out for me ?

FJ is right.

No matter what he did, as a US citizen he has certain inalienable rights doesn't he?

aboutime
06-01-2014, 07:20 PM
FJ is right.

No matter what he did, as a US citizen he has certain inalienable rights doesn't he?

jafar. Guess you didn't get the note. The person in question is....HOW DO THEY SAY IT?......."DEAD".

So, when he took his last breath, or his last heartbeat took place. His Inalienable Rights...were SUSPENDED for eternity.

jafar00
06-01-2014, 08:06 PM
jafar. Guess you didn't get the note. The person in question is....HOW DO THEY SAY IT?......."DEAD".

So, when he took his last breath, or his last heartbeat took place. His Inalienable Rights...were SUSPENDED for eternity.

Not sure you needed to use large, bold letters for that. Whatever floats your boat....

aboutime
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Not sure you needed to use large, bold letters for that. Whatever floats your boat....

Your boat sank in 1912.

Gaffer
06-01-2014, 11:12 PM

He's a dead muslim, no rights or privileges. He doesn't get due process or anything else. He gets scraped up off the street, put in a shoe box and buried in a shallow grave. And they are not muslim Americans, they are American muslims. American should always come first.

jafar00
06-02-2014, 01:04 AM
He's a dead muslim, no rights or privileges. He doesn't get due process or anything else. He gets scraped up off the street, put in a shoe box and buried in a shallow grave. And they are not muslim Americans, they are American muslims. American should always come first.

Religion should not be a factor in whether he is/was American or not.

No matter the crime committed nor their religious beliefs, an American still has certain rights afforded to him or her do they not?

The US constitution should not be cast aside for any reason. Not even for a misguided crusade against anything Islamic.

jimnyc
06-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Religion should not be a factor in whether he is/was American or not.

No matter the crime committed nor their religious beliefs, an American still has certain rights afforded to him or her do they not?

The US constitution should not be cast aside for any reason. Not even for a misguided crusade against anything Islamic.

Not sure why his rights are even being discussed. He's dead and by his own hands. And his misguided crusade was also FOR Islam, at least those who he decided to side with.

fj1200
06-02-2014, 08:09 AM
How bout' you go tell that to Obama, Kerry and State department that have not made it a top priority stop the execution of the pregnant wife of the American citizen that is condemn to be executed simply for marrying an American Christian!!!!!!!!!!!! -Tyr

Thanks for adding nothing. A. you may not know what they did behind the scenes, 2. she isn't a citizen and, III. I believe the execution was stopped.

I thought my post was dripping with so much sarcasm that no one would believe I was really stating he wasn't American. But what rights do you think he has in this situation, other than to remain dead?

You referenced the Constitution which protects his rights as a citizen. And of course he can remain dead for all I care, he committed an act of terror and a capital crime.

A defense of the Constitution? You'll always get that from me, I'm concerned that others don't offer up a similar defense. Your second question? Your answers can be found in the Constitution.

FJ is right.

From an Australian AND a Muslim no less. ;)

Of course the dead get no due process and he certainly isn't entitled to same from Syria.

I thought the order was God, Country, Family. :dunno:

jimnyc
06-02-2014, 08:28 AM

You referenced the Constitution which protects his rights as a citizen. And of course he can remain dead for all I care, he committed an act of terror and a capital crime.

You're arguing something with me that was 100% sarcasm. And I never once said he didn't have rights anyway.

But to spell it out... "someone" always tells others that people aren't who they are, simply because the bad things they do aren't in the Quran and are not Islamic. I made a play on that, but you took it seriously. Anyway.... I hope you will remain as vigilant when others try and claim someone isn't who they are. :)

Gaffer
06-02-2014, 09:08 AM
I thought the order was God, Country, Family. :dunno:

Let's play twist a word. "it depends on the meaning of the word is". Maybe we should start calling you Bill.

fj1200
06-02-2014, 10:06 AM
You're arguing something with me that was 100% sarcasm. And I never once said he didn't have rights anyway.

But to spell it out... "someone" always tells others that people aren't who they are, simply because the bad things they do aren't in the Quran and are not Islamic. I made a play on that, but you took it seriously. Anyway.... I hope you will remain as vigilant when others try and claim someone isn't who they are. :)

OK. :cool:

Let's play twist a word. "it depends on the meaning of the word is". Maybe we should start calling you Bill.

Who's twisting? You changed the order of two words.

gabosaurus
06-02-2014, 02:13 PM

These are the same "Americans" that you don't want the government to use drones against. Right?

How do the Constitution and Islam not mix? American citizens are Americans.
I can say that Catholicism and the Constitution do not mix. No one has the right to be a pedophile.

Jeff
06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
These are the same "Americans" that you don't want the government to use drones against. Right?

How do the Constitution and Islam not mix? American citizens are Americans.
I can say that Catholicism and the Constitution do not mix. No one has the right to be a pedophile.

This to will change now that we have gave way to the sexual deviants in this country, hell if one can be born that way why not all of them ?

jimnyc
06-02-2014, 02:43 PM

No one has a right to be an ignorant, uneducated fuck either....

You try to be nice to someone here like Abbey, for example. How do you do so, while at the same time trying to refer to her and her families beliefs as having anything to do with pedophilia?

gabosaurus
06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
No one has a right to be an ignorant, uneducated fuck either....

You try to be nice to someone here like Abbey, for example. How do you do so, while at the same time trying to refer to her and her families beliefs as having anything to do with pedophilia?

Quite true. At the same time, you can't deny that they Catholic Church has turned a blind eye to sexual abuse and pedophilia by members of the clergy. Which has tainted the entire religion for many.

There are some quite wonderful, pleasant and peaceful Muslims in this country. Like the family who lives across the street from us. Yet you insist on defaming them by including them in with the same broad package as Islamic extremists.

jimnyc
06-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Quite true. At the same time, you can't deny that they Catholic Church has turned a blind eye to sexual abuse and pedophilia by members of the clergy. Which has tainted the entire religion for many.

There are some quite wonderful, pleasant and peaceful Muslims in this country. Like the family who lives across the street from us. Yet you insist on defaming them by including them in with the same broad package as Islamic extremists.

I never said a single word about your friends, and the only Muslims I condemn are those that terrorize, kill, abuse or subjugate women.

Do they fit into that mold? No? Then shut the fuck up

I try to attack the problem areas, those doing those horrible things - while when you comment you would like to lump all into one.

aboutime
06-02-2014, 05:36 PM

GABBY. Hypocrisy is your friend.

jafar00
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I never said a single word about your friends, and the only Muslims I condemn are those that terrorize, kill, abuse or subjugate women.

Indeed

Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers

The Prophet Mohamed (saw) - Last Sermon 632AD