PDA

View Full Version : Judge wants to fight defense attorney

jimnyc
06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Then tells him he will beat his ass. Then he DOES beat his ass (watch to listen after they go to the hallway).

---

A fight between a judge and a public defender broke out in a courtroom in Brevard County Florida on Monday.

Judge John Murphy was allegedly trying to get public defender Andrew Weinstock to waive his client’s right to a speedy trial.

Video footage shows Murphy telling Weinstock, “You know, if I had a rock I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down.” Weinstock responds, “You know I’m the public defender. I have a right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my client.”

Murphy then invites Weinstock to go out to a hallway in the back so they could settle their dispute with fists. Murphy is heard saying, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back and I’ll just beat your ass.”

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-_DQIJ938YE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gaffer
06-03-2014, 03:02 PM
That judge needs to be disbarred and criminally charged.

NightTrain
06-03-2014, 04:40 PM
What's really funny is the poor bastard defendant that's standing there.

He's already in deep shit and then his lawyer and the judge go out back... yeah, I'd say he's hosed.

jimnyc
06-03-2014, 04:45 PM
What's really funny is the poor bastard defendant that's standing there.

He's already in deep shit and then his lawyer and the judge go out back... yeah, I'd say he's hosed.

Yeah right, a year in the slammer all cause your attorney just fought the judge in the hallway like middle schoolers! :lol:

Gaffer
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Reminds me of Jerry Reeds song. When your hot your hot.

"how about I take you out back and try a little bit of your honor on."

NightTrain
06-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Reminds me of Jerry Reeds song. When your hot your hot.

"how about I take you out back and try a little bit of your honor on."

"Who's gonna collect my welfare? Pay for my Cadillac?"

NightTrain
06-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Yeah right, a year in the slammer all cause your attorney just fought the judge in the hallway like middle schoolers! :lol:

I'm not positive, but it sounds like after they scuffle you can hear the judge having one of the bailiffs arrest the lawyer... which is a pretty pansy thing to do after initiating the fisticuffs!

Jeff
06-04-2014, 07:07 AM
OK so all is well, he is stepping down temporarily ( I imagine it will be with pay )

A Florida judge accused of punching an assistant public defender after telling him "stop pissing me off" is stepping down temporarily for anger management counseling. Video footage shows Brevard County Judge John Murphy challenging lawyer Andrew Weinstock to join him outside the courtroom to settle a dispute over the scheduling of a trial date. "If you want to fight, let's go out back and I'll just beat your ass," Murphy said.
Weinstock's boss, Public Defender Blaise Trettis, said the judge became angry because Weinstock refused to waive his client's constitutional right to a speedy trial. Under Florida law, defendants have the right to a trial within 90 days for a misdemeanor and 175 days for a felony.
"If I had a rock, I would throw it at you right now. Stop pissing me off. Just sit down," Murphy can be heard telling Weinstock on the video from the courthouse in Viera on Florida's east coast.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/judge-courtroom-Murphy-brawl/2014/06/03/id/574966/

Gaffer
06-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Like I said he needs to be disbarred. He's a disgrace.