PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is now a teenager

gabosaurus
06-03-2014, 05:32 PM
My daughter turned 13 this past weekend. My husband and I are officially terrified. :panicsmiley:

Trigg
06-03-2014, 06:28 PM
My daughter turned 13 this past weekend. My husband and I are officially terrified. :panicsmiley:

First, I AM SO SORRY. No ones warns new parents that their sweet, doe eyed daughters are going to turn into crazy lunatics that change emotions in the blink of an eye.

The good news is that in 3-4 years she will go back to that adorable little girl who you can stand being in the same room with.......good luck.

Boys are soooooooooooooooooo much easier, everything is boring and stupid for about 6 months and then everything goes back to normal. :laugh:

gabosaurus
06-03-2014, 07:44 PM
The "testing" has already begun. As has the secretive calls from boys. Not to mention the angsty song quotes posted on tumblr.
It would be a lot more disturbing if I hadn't prepared myself for it.

Trigg
06-03-2014, 07:55 PM
The "testing" has already begun. As has the secretive calls from boys. Not to mention the angsty song quotes posted on tumblr.
It would be a lot more disturbing if I hadn't prepared myself for it.

well good luck, I used to call my mom and ask "what did I do?? she was laughing and smiling and all of the sudden she started screaming?"

I used to ground her to her room only to get a call from the neighbors telling me she was sitting on the roof outside her window. Luckily she is now a sane almost 19yr old who is an amazingly smart and thoughtful adult going into her sophomore yr in college.

although I am still banned from following her on twitter :laugh:, I am her facebook friend. So all is good.................

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-03-2014, 09:57 PM

You should be, teen years for girls are even more dangerous than they are for boys.
Time to get out da chains and handcuffs. ;)
Put locks on windows and tap phone lines.. ;)--Tyr

Said1
06-05-2014, 03:01 PM
They're like bloody 3 yr olds with bus passes.

'You don't understand'

'nobody cares'

:laugh2:

Everyone thinks they can take it till it's their turn, 'oh, I prepared myself' then all those idioms start to make so much sense ' enjoy them while they're young' and so forth.I will say 17 is waaaay better than 15, I think I still have PTSD from that year. :thumb:

Drummond
06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Looking on the bright side ... youngsters of her age tend to rebel against whatever model their parents set for them.

You may find that the form of rebellion she takes on is one which sees her become a stalwart Conservative ! And, since Conservative thought and deed is so socially responsible, so stabilising, and of course so fulfilling .... well, the rebellion might 'take' so well that it becomes permanent with her.

See, Gabby ? Nothing to worry about !! :):joy4: