PDA

View Full Version : First Date!!

Trigg
06-03-2014, 06:22 PM
My, admittedly, late blooming 16 1/2 year old had his first date today.

He's very shy so they met at the coffee shop and walked to DQ where they shared a blizzard, very sweet. He was very excited, saying she likes a lot of the stuff he likes. Which, I can only guess, means she likes video games and comic books :dunno:.

jimnyc
06-03-2014, 06:53 PM

He's very shy so they met at the coffee shop and walked to DQ where they shared a blizzard, very sweet. He was very excited, saying she likes a lot of the stuff he likes. Which, I can only guess, means she likes video games and comic books :dunno:.

Good for him, I hope he's happy and it works out!

aboutime
06-03-2014, 07:35 PM

Oh, to be 50 years younger again??? Great news Trigg. Personally. I would quietly tell you to be so, so happy you have a Boy.

My youngest son has our only Grand Daughter. She just turned 9, headed for 16, and all the problems a protective, loving father could ever hope...NOT TO HAVE.

gabosaurus
06-03-2014, 07:38 PM

Don't feel bad. My now husband didn't have a date until he was 17. His first was with me. It ruined him for life. :laugh:

My husband was an extremely shy nerdy guy. His entirely life was a mix of studying and working at an auto parts warehouse. Fortunately, he had a lot of friends (who got help with their studies) and one of those friends set him up with me.
Hope for the best but be really for the fall.

Trigg
06-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Oh, to be 50 years younger again??? Great news Trigg. Personally. I would quietly tell you to be so, so happy you have a Boy.

My youngest son has our only Grand Daughter. She just turned 9, headed for 16, and all the problems a protective, loving father could ever hope...NOT TO HAVE.

I have 3 boys and a girl.....and yes, boys are sooooooooo much easier. My daughter is the mirror image of her father, type A all the way, which made her early teenage years all the more exciting (read awful lol). The boys are more like me, even tempered and shy.

He hasn't shared very much about the girl he is seeing, haven't even met her yet, except pics on facebook. She's a cutie.

Trigg
06-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Don't feel bad. My now husband didn't have a date until he was 17. His first was with me. It ruined him for life. :laugh:

My husband was an extremely shy nerdy guy. His entirely life was a mix of studying and working at an auto parts warehouse. Fortunately, he had a lot of friends (who got help with their studies) and one of those friends set him up with me.
Hope for the best but be really for the fall.

Who knew we had so much in common lol. I started dating nuke when I was 17 and we were married when I was 19. Except we have to switch the nerdy one, I was the shy one (ok nerdy) and Nuke was the football player with all the friends. :laugh: