PDA

View Full Version : Amy has untreatable cancer - what her family does for her

jimnyc
06-04-2014, 09:16 AM
In 2012 Amy was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. After a surgery and 4 months of chemo her family hoped for brighter days ahead. Unfortunately, in 2013 the cancer came back. It was resistant to traditional chemotherapy, which meant that the diagnosis was terminal. Her loved ones don’t know how much time they have left together, that’s why they cherish every moment and simply enjoy being present in the moment. Amy has been a positive influence in lives of many people. To remind her how much is she loved and appreciated, to show her support, Amy’s family and friends prepared the greatest surprise she could ever get and would never forget. Let’s celebrate life together with them and spread all this positive energy by sharing this touching video.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/95004795" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" height="281" width="500"></iframe>

http://mostamazingviews.com/amy-diagnosed-untreatable-cancer-show-love-support-family-prepared-greatest-surprise-ever-get/

tailfins
06-04-2014, 11:21 AM
In 2012 Amy was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. After a surgery and 4 months of chemo her family hoped for brighter days ahead. Unfortunately, in 2013 the cancer came back. It was resistant to traditional chemotherapy, which meant that the diagnosis was terminal. Her loved ones don’t know how much time they have left together, that’s why they cherish every moment and simply enjoy being present in the moment. Amy has been a positive influence in lives of many people. To remind her how much is she loved and appreciated, to show her support, Amy’s family and friends prepared the greatest surprise she could ever get and would never forget. Let’s celebrate life together with them and spread all this positive energy by sharing this touching video.

I can relate to not knowing how much time people have left. My sister had a non-cancerous tumor causing loss of half her pancreas back in November. Last month, the doctors were saying she had the symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer, but they couldn't find any cancer. Apparently, the remainder of her pancreas just wasn't functioning enough after the surgery. Even with no cancer, she died anyway last weekend.

NightTrain
06-04-2014, 01:40 PM
My sympathies for your loss, Tailfins.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Very sorry to read of your great loss tailfins
Very recently my older brother's youngest daughter died , she was 33 years old and left behind a 14 year old son(Jessie) and 12 year old daughter(Matty).
Now brother and sister are separated because they had different fathers.
Both ex-husbands wanted only their child. Very tough on Matty that cried out she had just lost her Mom and now must lose her brother too. Each went to a different state.. Such sadness... We could do nothing, fathers had their rights... --Tyr

jimnyc
06-05-2014, 09:33 AM
I was hoping this to be a happy thread, of sorts. Now I'm unhappy. Sorry to hear that stuff, Tailfins and Tyr. :(

tailfins
06-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Very sorry to read of your great loss tailfins
Very recently my older brother's youngest daughter died , she was 33 years old and left behind a 14 year old son(Jessie) and 12 year old daughter(Matty).
Now brother and sister are separated because they had different fathers.
Both ex-husbands wanted only their child. Very tough on Matty that cried out she had just lost her Mom and now must lose her brother too. Each went to a different state.. Such sadness... We could do nothing, fathers had their rights... --Tyr

One mitigating factor with my sister is that she was 57 and her sons are 35 and 41 years old. Her oldest son is a real tragedy. He grew up unwelcome in both parents home. Most of his adult life has been on the edge barely avoiding homelessness. After seeing that nephew grow up like that, I cringe when I see someone with both parents having different spouses who are not their parents. Words can't describe how destructive that is. My advice: If you're going to divorce while your kids are minors, you should give them up for adoption to a two parent home BEFORE you marry someone else.