nevadamedic
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Story Highlights
• Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo apologizes
• Delgadillo's office prosecuted Paris Hilton for violating probation
• Delgadillo kept quiet a crash involving wife, whose license was suspended
• Crash involved Delgadillo's city-owned car

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/06/19/hilton.prosecutor.ap/index.html

I knew this would start happening after the Duke case. Anyone that prosecutes someone with money will have hell to pay.

Gunny
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Story Highlights

I knew this would start happening after the Duke case. Anyone that prosecutes someone with money will have hell to pay.

I don't suppose the fact that he used his position to cover for someone bothers you in the slightest?

Gaffer
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM
He kept his wifes accident quiet. That is wrong. And in the case of a DA it is criminal. When such things are brought out in the open they need to be prosecuted.

There are plenty of DA's out there that want nothing more than a feather in their cap for all their successful prosecutions. It means they can continue in their position or move on to higher political positions. Lots of innocent people with no money end up locked up because of dirt bags like these.

Prosecutors are lawyers with power.

Gunny
06-19-2007, 09:28 PM
He kept his wifes accident quiet. That is wrong. And in the case of a DA it is criminal. When such things are brought out in the open they need to be prosecuted.

There are plenty of DA's out there that want nothing more than a feather in their cap for all their successful prosecutions. It means they can continue in their position or move on to higher political positions. Lots of innocent people with no money end up locked up because of dirt bags like these.

Prosecutors are lawyers with power.

While I can certainly understand NM's problem with the elite being above the law at times, that privileged environment in no way negates the criminal actions of this prosecutor and Nifong.

And I agree with your last.

Sitarro
06-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Story Highlights

Sounds about right for the jerks that feel they are above the law. Everyday I witness cops breaking the law. I'm sure that this happens all of the time like the drunk judge that was so well known as the judge that prosecuted the most drunk drivers with the least leniency. Why is it a perk of being in law enforcement and the Judicial system to break the very same laws you are sworn to uphold?