PDA

View Full Version : All Top Ten Posts About Islam

tailfins
06-08-2014, 08:58 AM
If you want to bore people away from the forum, keep it up. All top ten posts about Islam? Really? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't give a rat's kiester about Islam. It's just another apostate religion amongst many. If killing certain people prevents another terrorist attack against the US, then the military can kill 'em. What discussion is necessary beyond that?

jimnyc
06-08-2014, 09:04 AM
If you want to bore people away from the forum, keep it up. All top ten posts about Islam? Really? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't give a rat's kiester about Islam. It's just another apostate religion amongst many. If killing certain people prevents another terrorist attack against the US, then the military can kill 'em. What discussion is necessary beyond that?

I don't consider posts about the Bergdahl situation to be "Islam". That's the hottest topic in the nation right now, so it stands to reason that it gets the most attention. Would you prefer I merge them together again? But bitching about it - or creating another thread - sure doesn't help anyone that doesn't care to read all the stories going around.

Gaffer
06-08-2014, 09:08 AM

Those threads are where the most discussion is going on. That's why they are in the top ten. Some of those threads have been derailed to other things, but they still come up in the top ten. Kinda like supply and demand. And I personally find them more interesting than a rode trip across Canada, but then that's just me.

tailfins
06-08-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't consider posts about the Bergdahl situation to be "Islam". That's the hottest topic in the nation right now, so it stands to reason that it gets the most attention. Would you prefer I merge them together again? But bitching about it - or creating another thread - sure doesn't help anyone that doesn't care to read all the stories going around.

I'm just alerting the community about what they are doing to the forum. There's only so much a forum owner like you can do. I just hope people become aware of the boredom factor.

jimnyc
06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm just alerting the community about what they are doing to the forum. There's only so much a forum owner like you can do. I just hope people become aware of the boredom factor.

I understand what you're saying, and I just merged like 12 threads on Bergdahl and about 6 on the 5 Taliban released. But watch them slowly appear again as this is huge news. If there was truly boredom - I would hope those that are bored would open more fun threads, or threads that are less boring. :) :coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
I understand what you're saying, and I just merged like 12 threads on Bergdahl and about 6 on the 5 Taliban released. But watch them slowly appear again as this is huge news. If there was truly boredom - I would hope those that are bored would open more fun threads, or threads that are less boring. :) :coffee:

Exactly. Be the change you want to see, (or something like that :cool: ).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Hell, I found it irritating that the entire world is so damn uninformed and deliberately propagandized and misinformed about the true threat Islam is!!!
More discussion the better IMHO.
And why not talk about it because its hot news, its Obama corruption and betrayal and it is another act he engages to divert way from this corruption and treason!
If bored then ignore the threads, are they not titled well enough for you to make that judgment!??
Never known a single member here to have ever been forced to read a single thread or post..
And this subject is so broad that it covers several forums here.
military, current events, political , ethical , religious and even foreign policy.. Just sayin' -Tyr

Drummond
06-08-2014, 12:02 PM

As has been pointed out already, those threads appearing here about Islam generate a great deal of discussion. If, as you say, this is such a 'boring' subject, then how can you account for that ?

What would you prefer ... forums to thrive which avoid such discussions ?

For those contributors who truly do find Islam a 'boring' subject .. just adopt a TV viewing mindset. You don't watch TV programmes you think will bore you, do you ? Likewise .. nobody is forcing anyone to get involved in Islam-centred discussions. If you don't like them, then just concentrate on threads you DO like -- or, make your own.

If you think you've a better idea than others as to what makes interesting discussions, why not start threads on those subjects ? If you're right, then Islam centred discussions will be poorly contributed to, and yours will attract attention.

As yet, though, you're not being proven correct. Quite the opposite. And I for one am happy about that, because, as Tyr points out, people need to face certain realities.

I am not one for stifling expressiveness on that. 'Sorry'.

jafar00
06-08-2014, 04:08 PM
I don't consider posts about the Bergdahl situation to be "Islam".

It seems a lot of people do think it's about Islam, especially when his Dad gad the nerve to say something in Arabic at the White House. The immediate reaction was that he had claimed the White House for Islam. They forgot the time in 1805 when Thomas Jefferson postponed dinner until sunset because of a Tunisian envoy who was fasting for Ramadan. :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iftar#United_States_and_Canada

jimnyc
06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
It seems a lot of people do think it's about Islam, especially when his Dad gad the nerve to say something in Arabic at the White House. The immediate reaction was that he had claimed the White House for Islam. They forgot the time in 1805 when Thomas Jefferson postponed dinner until sunset because of a Tunisian envoy who was fasting for Ramadan. :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iftar#United_States_and_Canada

But the crux of the matter, is anger over a soldier who deserted his post. That's not condoned by any military in the world. And that Obama released 5 "cabinet members" of the Taliban, which no country in their right mind would have done. Understood that some have prematurely attacked Dad, but the data on the soldier appears to be rock solid, and we all I think are on the same page about the 5 Taliban scum. And 9 out of the 10 threads on this subject have been about the soldier or about terrorists and not threads centered on Islam. Have some went that direction as data has been released? Yep. But that's to be understood when you are taking into account that it's the Taliban and the soldier just came from being captive in Afghanistan. If anything, Islam should be against what took place here too, as many civilians in Afghanistan already are.

tailfins
06-08-2014, 05:03 PM
But the crux of the matter, is anger over a soldier who deserted his post. That's not condoned by any military in the world. And that Obama released 5 "cabinet members" of the Taliban, which no country in their right mind would have done. Understood that some have prematurely attacked Dad, but the data on the soldier appears to be rock solid, and we all I think are on the same page about the 5 Taliban scum. And 9 out of the 10 threads on this subject have been about the soldier or about terrorists and not threads centered on Islam. Have some went that direction as data has been released? Yep. But that's to be understood when you are taking into account that it's the Taliban and the soldier just came from being captive in Afghanistan. If anything, Islam should be against what took place here too, as many civilians in Afghanistan already are.

My response to your post is that real Americans should start working to move poll numbers in favor of impeachment of B-HO. The can be done with letters to the editor, supporting organizations in favor of impeachment and asking friends and neighbors to do the same.

fj1200
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
If you want to bore people away from the forum, keep it up. All top ten posts about Islam? Really?

I'm reminded of the joke about where a prisoner would state a number and all the other prisoners would laugh; the point being that everyone knew the jokes and would just state the number rather than retelling the whole joke again. I think such a system could save us all valuable interwebs.

18 members have visited in the last 24 hours. :(