PDA

View Full Version : Ever Walked Point?

Gunny
06-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm so sick of these whiny-assed people.

What a bunch of dirtbags. "I've got it so rough getting to the 7-11 for a soda and all."

I know, let's cut the vet's bennies.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm so sick of these whiny-assed people.

What a bunch of dirtbags. "I've got it so rough getting to the 7-11 for a soda and all."

I know, let's cut the vet's bennies.
Here is what I know about it.
Some poor sap has to do it and it sucks big time!!!!!

Not my words but words told to me by a Korean War vet and a Vietnam War vet..

And I might add it can get your ass shot off lickety-split too!
Many a guy never knew what hit him, so said the my Vietnam War friend that has now gone on to meet his maker.

Also like to add both those men were of the finest caliber I've ever known. Both performed their duties and did not "overly bitch" about it when doing so! Of course being it well known that all soldiers bitch and often with very just cause! -Tyr

Gaffer
06-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes I walked point. Probably 80% of the time. I was the guy with the eye who always spotted things before we walked into them. I was the best at it and everyone knew that, so I was always on point. Not even a question or an order for someone to take the point. We moved out and I went first, no one questioned it.

In the jungle the point man also works the hardest as you have to chop your way through jungle a lot of the time. So a machete was part of my gear at all times.

Anyone that suggests cutting VA benefits needs a serious ass kicking.