PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Party is alive and well in VA.

Gaffer
06-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Dave Brat the Tea Party backed guy running against incumbent Cantor just won the nomination for his district. Brat is an economics professor who only had 200K in money. Cantor had 5.5 million.

It seems the Tea Party isn't as dead as has been reported. The GOP establishment is squirming and angry now. But they better pay attention.

tailfins
06-10-2014, 09:07 PM
The modern day version of the Mariel Boat Lift needs to come to a screeching halt.

aboutime
06-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Dave Brat the Tea Party backed guy running against incumbent Cantor just won the nomination for his district. Brat is an economics professor who only had 200K in money. Cantor had 5.5 million.

It seems the Tea Party isn't as dead as has been reported. The GOP establishment is squirming and angry now. But they better pay attention.

Gaffar: We can compare the fate of the TEA PARTY to a famous quote by Mark Twain. Which was: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”
Wonder if the Democrats/Liberals/Leftist/Progressives can still convince themselves now???

tailfins
06-11-2014, 07:05 AM
All this TEA Party minutia is simple minded. Organizations come and go. The TEA Party will one day be yesterday's news. A different movement will take it's place. Perhaps Common Core opponents will mushroom in number, becoming front page news. Pick an organization you like and get active. There are many choices on the menu. What the idiots in the media are trying to do is present the newness of the TEA Party wearing off as a decline in the conservative movement.

jimnyc
06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Read this before I went to bed last night and was shocked! Cantor is gone. Didn't see that one coming, especially with the sizable difference in funding.

aboutime
06-11-2014, 08:55 AM
All this TEA Party minutia is simple minded. Organizations come and go. The TEA Party will one day be yesterday's news. A different movement will take it's place. Perhaps Common Core opponents will mushroom in number, becoming front page news. Pick an organization you like and get active. There are many choices on the menu. What the idiots in the media are trying to do is present the newness of the TEA Party wearing off as a decline in the conservative movement.

tailfins. Whatever you say. Of course, like gabby. You are always right about everything.

Gaffer
06-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Too bad we couldn't get Boener and McConnell as well, but they will at least be looking over their shoulders now when they do something. They are starting to realize the voters are watching.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2014, 09:20 AM

But they better pay attention.
They will by increasing their opposition ten or a hundred fold!
Republican party leadership are traitors to the political party, that is an undeniable fact..
I believe it's true that the Republican party leadership has been bought out by the globalists that have many hundreds of billions to with which to influence nations into going along with their agenda!!
Some may think that's insane--spending such billions for a cause--I say not when they can reap future trillions from the power an d entity they set up to govern the world. It's a numbers/money game with them ..
They would slay hundreds of millions of people to achieve success in their plan !! Globalists are nothing but Capitalist Nazi's that his behind a far more clever cloak!! They are also allied with the Muslims ...-Tyr

Little-Acorn
06-11-2014, 11:36 AM
It seems the Tea Party isn't as dead as has been reported.

You listened to reports from the Left???

Gaffer
06-11-2014, 04:15 PM
You listened to reports from the Left???

I listen, I don't believe.

gabosaurus
06-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't think the outcome of this election has anything to do with the Tea Party. It reflects the electorate's dissatisfaction with the incumbent and his stand on various issues. Many voters saw Cantor as a reflection of their dissatisfaction with Congress. Others felt Cantor had lost touch with his constituents.
I see the election as a wake up call to incumbents who have gotten too smug.

tailfins
06-11-2014, 06:15 PM
tailfins. Whatever you say. Of course, like gabby. You are always right about everything.

I support the same candidates you do, except I get off my ass and do something about it.

aboutime
06-11-2014, 06:17 PM
I support the same candidates you do, except I get off my ass and do something about it.

If I was physically able to GET OFF MY ASS. I'd happily do the same. Sometimes people like you talk OUT OF YOURS. But then, that's what makes the world go round.
Now, tell me something else YOU DON'T KNOW.

tailfins
06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
If I was physically able to GET OFF MY ASS. I'd happily do the same. Sometimes people like you talk OUT OF YOURS. But then, that's what makes the world go round.
Now, tell me something else YOU DON'T KNOW.

Can you work a telephone? I'm part of the 53% Mitt Romney spoke of. You're part of the 47%; just one of those riding in the wagon hostile to those of us that pull the wagon.

aboutime
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Can you work a telephone? I'm part of the 53% Mitt Romney spoke of. You're part of the 47%; just one of those riding in the wagon hostile to those of us that pull the wagon.

tailfins. KMA. I gave 30 years of my life to this nation, and now ride around with two wheels, limited to visiting doctors 3 times a week, and unable to volunteer cash...I no longer have, to all of the candidates who ask EVERYDAY for help.

As for working a telephone. Have no landline, just a cheap cell, and limited funds to have that since we (my wife and I ) didn't take OBAMA'S offer for a free phone, or anything else.

So. GET OFF MY BACK. How many years have you spent away from family, uncertain you would ever return?

tailfins
06-11-2014, 08:54 PM
tailfins. KMA. I gave 30 years of my life to this nation, and now ride around with two wheels, limited to visiting doctors 3 times a week, and unable to volunteer cash...I no longer have, to all of the candidates who ask EVERYDAY for help.

As for working a telephone. Have no landline, just a cheap cell, and limited funds to have that since we (my wife and I ) didn't take OBAMA'S offer for a free phone, or anything else.

So. GET OFF MY BACK. How many years have you spent away from family, uncertain you would ever return?

You started it. You would have been better off going back to yelling at your TV set.

gabosaurus
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Much as I enjoy you two smacking each other down, it has nothing to do with the Virginia election upset. Not that thread jacking is uncommon in this place.

aboutime
06-12-2014, 03:30 PM
You started it. You would have been better off going back to yelling at your TV set.

Thank you GABBY NUMBER 2.

Like gabby. You refuse to answer questions too? How liberal can you get?

gabosaurus
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Thank you GABBY NUMBER 2.

Like gabby. You refuse to answer questions too? How liberal can you get?

I see the wheel turning, but the hamster is dead.

tailfins
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Much as I enjoy you two smacking each other down, it has nothing to do with the Virginia election upset. Not that thread jacking is uncommon in this place.

Actually it is related to the Cantor defeat. My point is that volunteering for phone banks, putting up signs, writing letters to the editor, picketing, baiting an elected opponent into making a gaffe, etc., all make a difference. Someone who just sits around and complains is useless. Heck, even you're not totally useless, assuming you'd attend a picket against CPS misconduct.

fj1200
06-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Someone who just sits around and complains is useless.

What? Sitting around and shaking your cane isn't helpful? :shock:

aboutime
06-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Gabby, FJ, and Tailfins...all together...for DP....http://icansayit.com/images/threemonkeys.jpg

tailfins
06-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Gabby, FJ, and Tailfins...all together...for DP....

And AT in the next tree:

http://sloths.org/sloth.jpg

aboutime
06-13-2014, 02:57 PM
And AT in the next tree:

http://sloths.org/sloth.jpg

Gee whiz tailfins. I didn't realize you and I looked alike!