PDA

View Full Version : Math was never my best subject, but...

Abbey Marie
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Maybe Common Core Math tells us that 1=5?

Even under the most benign interpretation of the Gitmo terrorist exchange (to which I do not subscribe anyway), how is it possible that Obama thinks that they deserve 5(!) of their guys for just 1 of ours? How do we live in a country where our President can make such dismally poor, illogical bargains/decisions?

To put it most simply, even if this exchange made any sense on any level (which I contend it does not), why not a 1 for 1 exchange? Is this Ivy-League educated LAWYER sitting in the WH this poor of a negotiator? This may go down in history as the worst trade since the Russians sold us Alaska (for them). Or the Indians sold Manhattan (for them). He would never make it in the legal profession. I guess it was inevitable he would end up in Politics.

aboutime
06-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Maybe Common Core Math tells us that 1=5?

Even under the most benign interpretation of the Gitmo terrorist exchange (to which I do not subscribe anyway), how is it possible that Obama thinks that they deserve 5(!) of their guys for just 1 of ours? How do we live in a country where our President can make such dismally poor, illogical bargains/decisions?

To put it most simply, even if this exchange made any sense on any level (which I contend it does not), why not a 1 for 1 exchange? Is this Ivy-League educated LAWYER sitting in the WH this poor of a negotiator? This may go down in history as the worst trade since the Russians sold us Alaska (for them). Or the Indians sold Manhattan (for them). He would never make it in the legal profession. I guess it was inevitable he would end up in Politics.

Abbey. The really sad, disturbing truth is. This is only the tip of an iceberg with Obama, and those around him.
I am frankly, more upset, and honestly worried about where this ASS-HOLE is taking this nation than I have ever felt before.
I lived through Vietnam, Nixon, and all of the not-so wonderful terrorist crap of the 70's, and 80's that Carter, then Clinton worked to destroy even more.
Personally. I am saddened for what America is being permitted to become.

gabosaurus
06-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Math was my best subject in school. And I don't understand it, either. :dunno:

tailfins
06-11-2014, 08:20 PM
It wasn't an exchange. Bergdahl was a distraction, the Gitmo prisoner release was a give away.