PDA

View Full Version : NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg Switches Party -Again

Abbey Marie
06-19-2007, 11:52 PM
This guy switches parties regularly. Does he stand for anything?

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves GOP
By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jun 19, 7:46 PM ET

NEW YORK - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Tuesday switched his party status from Republican to unaffiliated, a stunning move certain to be seen as a prelude to an independent presidential bid that would upend the 2008 race.

The billionaire former CEO, who was a lifelong Democrat before he switched to the GOP for his first mayoral run, said the change in voter registration does not mean he is running for president.

"Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our city," he said in a statement.
"If he runs, this guarantees a Republican will be the next president of the United States. The Democrats have to be shaking in their boots," said Greg Strimple, a Republican strategist in New York who is unaligned in the race.

The belief among some operatives is that Bloomberg's moderate positions would siphon votes from the Democratic nominee. Others say it's not clear and his impact would depend on the nominees.

Former Democratic Party Chairman Donald Fowler said Bloomberg would be "a disturbing factor to both parties," but the mayor would probably draw more Republican votes simply because "Republicans are more disenchanted than Democrats."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/ap_on_el_pr/bloomberg_politics

nevadamedic
06-20-2007, 12:04 AM
This guy switches parties regularly. Does he stand for anything?

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves GOP
By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jun 19, 7:46 PM ET

NEW YORK - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Tuesday switched his party status from Republican to unaffiliated, a stunning move certain to be seen as a prelude to an independent presidential bid that would upend the 2008 race.

The billionaire former CEO, who was a lifelong Democrat before he switched to the GOP for his first mayoral run, said the change in voter registration does not mean he is running for president.

"Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our city," he said in a statement.
"If he runs, this guarantees a Republican will be the next president of the United States. The Democrats have to be shaking in their boots," said Greg Strimple, a Republican strategist in New York who is unaligned in the race.

The belief among some operatives is that Bloomberg's moderate positions would siphon votes from the Democratic nominee. Others say it's not clear and his impact would depend on the nominees.

Former Democratic Party Chairman Donald Fowler said Bloomberg would be "a disturbing factor to both parties," but the mayor would probably draw more Republican votes simply because "Republicans are more disenchanted than Democrats."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/ap_on_el_pr/bloomberg_politics

That guy is such a dipshit, he would never win.

06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
He is going to run in 2008 now too? Sheesh is anyone not running?

I get the feeling he wont be the only independent running either.

nevadamedic
06-20-2007, 01:43 AM
He is going to run in 2008 now too? Sheesh is anyone not running?
I get the feeling he wont be the only independent running either.

Gore's not running. :laugh2:

Hugh Lincoln
06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Does he stand for anything?

Yes.

The safety and security of the Jewish people.

Yurt
06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes.

And?

nevadamedic
06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Yes.

Now your attacking Jewish people? Is anyone other then white people safe with you? :poke: