PDA

View Full Version : Obama Sends Troops to Protect Baghdad Embassy, Special Forces Considered

Jeff
06-17-2014, 06:28 AM
So we now have about 170 troops on the ground in Iraq, yesterday I had read the story and it explained they where sent in Sunday night. So as Obama played golf and pondered what to do we had Americans in harms way once again. I remember a General asked for more troops and Obama again had to ponder what to do ( as our troops suffered ) This time in order to help him reach a decision quicker he had to go to California to play golf, what ever happen to the leader of our military making decisions quickly. Like I said the story I read last night (was the same story I just didn't see in this one that the troops arrived Sunday night ) So we had American in Iraq but Obama had to ponder what to do, I understand Americans don't want no more war but we must protect what we sent over.

And now they are talking on sending special forces in to train soldiers over there, didn't we do that already , and NO I never served so this is a question as well as a statement but wouldn't it be safer for everyone to send in air strikes ( heck use the drones ) than to actually put boots on the ground ?

The U.S. is urgently deploying several hundred armed troops in and around Iraq and considering sending an additional contingent of special forces soldiers as Baghdad struggles to repel a rampant insurgency, even as the White House insists anew that America will not be dragged into another war.
President Barack Obama notified Congress Monday that up to 275 troops could be sent to Iraq to provide support and security for U.S. personnel and the American Embassy in Baghdad. About 170 of those forces have already arrived and another 100 soldiers are on standby in a nearby country until they are needed, a U.S. official said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/iraq-troops-obama/2014/06/16/id/577428/

CSM
06-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Deploying those troops should only have been done if the objective is to extract any remaining US citizens from Iraq. 250 military personnel (special forces or not) won't make a dent in the defense of Iraq. Air strikes, unless on a large scale, won't make a dent either. Further, now that Iran has entered the fray with boots on the ground, airstrikes could do more harm than good. I can only imagine the repercussions if one of our strikes accidently hit Iranian ground forces.

darin
06-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Deploying those troops should only have been done if the objective is to extract any remaining US citizens from Iraq. 250 military personnel (special forces or not) won't make a dent in the defense of Iraq. Air strikes, unless on a large scale, won't make a dent either. Further, now that Iran has entered the fray with boots on the ground, airstrikes could do more harm than good. I can only imagine the repercussions if one of our strikes accidently hit Iranian ground forces.

Whether they hit Iranian troops or not, Iran will CLAIM they did, and demand POTUS make amends (by bowing to their other demands).

CSM
06-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Whether they hit Iranian troops or not, Iran will CLAIM they did, and demand POTUS make amends (by bowing to their other demands).

Absolutely! The US has to decide whether ANY military engagement in the Middle East is worth the expenditure of blood and treasure. If it is not, then the nation stays out of it ... period. No aid of any kind to any faction in any way, shape or form. If it is worth the expenditure then no half measures. Engage with full commitment with clear objectives. Anything less and the US finds itself right back where it is now.

Gaffer
06-17-2014, 08:24 AM
There are two groups fighting for a caliph in the region. The muslim brotherhood and iran. They will continue to fight until one is dominant. Nothing we do will mean anything.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Absolutely! The US has to decide whether ANY military engagement in the Middle East is worth the expenditure of blood and treasure. If it is not, then the nation stays out of it ... period. No aid of any kind to any faction in any way, shape or form. If it is worth the expenditure then no half measures. Engage with full commitment with clear objectives. Anything less and the US finds itself right back where it is now.
The problem is even if we send no troops to try to keep Iraq intact Obama will continue to invest hundreds of billions over there and he will make damn sure the aid goes directly to the group/groups that most want USA destroyed! This is so apparent in all his foreign policy actions!
They have their man working here from within in the highest office of the land!
We should be asking why he is never called on it and when the hell will Congress stop it,, if ever?
Make me CEO of any company and I can cleverly destroy it if given enough time....
This bastard goes around Congress and does as he damn well pleases! He by E.O. decree writes his own laws while he selectively chooses which standing laws to ignore.. That's tyranny ..
He must be impeached and must be driven out of office!!!!
--Tyr

namvet
06-17-2014, 09:34 AM
fuckers' to busy today

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cpz40i.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2014, 10:07 PM
fuckers' to busy today

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cpz40i.jpg
He is getting what his handlers promised, massive wealth, great fame and a LIFE OF A KING!
All he has to do is exactly what they tell him to do.
We are a conquered nation, just do not know it yet.
I've known it for years but just never fully admitted it even to myself!!!
Now I do...
This entire nation now serves at the whims of it's globalist conquerors by way of their traitor , stooge and imposter in the WHITE HOUSE.

Putin is a great ally/friend of this nation than is its President.. A fact.. And Putin is no friend at all. -Tyr

namvet
06-18-2014, 09:30 AM
He is getting what his handlers promised, massive wealth, great fame and a LIFE OF A KING!
All he has to do is exactly what they tell him to do.
We are a conquered nation, just do not know it yet.
I've known it for years but just never fully admitted it even to myself!!!
Now I do...
This entire nation now serves at the whims of it's globalist conquerors by way of their traitor , stooge and imposter in the WHITE HOUSE.

Putin is a great ally/friend of this nation than is its President.. A fact.. And Putin is no friend at all. -Tyr

Reid's robot just blew another gasket because of a clogged tail pipe :laugh:

aboutime
06-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Since Obama despises being here at home in the U.S.A. Let him take AIR-FARCE-ONE over to Iraq, and run the show from the air in Iraq. Taking out the ISIS by himself, just like he Single-handedly took out OBL. With the help of SEAL TEAM SIX.

He wants to get awards, and be called SAINT OBAMA, or the MESSIAH.

Let him show all of us HOW IT'S DONE!