PDA

View Full Version : Marine who took grenade blast for comrade to receive Medal of Honor

Jeff
06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
A real Hero!! Thank you for all you have done William Carpenter!!

William "Kyle" Carpenter lost most of his jaw and an eye when he fell on a grenade to shield a fellow Marine from the blast. His body shattered, one lung collapsed, Carpenter was nearly given up for dead after that 2010 Afghanistan firefight. Then he spent 2½ years in a hospital as doctors worked to rebuild his body. But if you think he's bitter, think again.
"I look back, and I'm actually very appreciative I had those two and a half years, because those years put things in perspective more than a whole lifetime of things could if I wasn't there," Carpenter said.
On Thursday, he will become the eighth living veteran of U.S. combat in Iraq and Afghanistan to receive the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/us/medal-of-honor-carpenter/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

jimnyc
06-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Damn, they say the guy was almost declared dead twice. And here's what he says at the end of 2 years of hospital stays and surgeries:

"The enemy killed me. I came back, ran a marathon, completed a mud run and jumped from a plane. I won't ever quit. I am just getting started," he said in the video.

:salute:

Little-Acorn
06-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Damn, they say the guy was almost declared dead twice. And here's what he says at the end of 2 years of hospital stays and surgeries:

"The enemy killed me. I came back, ran a marathon, completed a mud run and jumped from a plane. I won't ever quit. I am just getting started," he said in the video.

:salute:

Now, THAT'S a real man.

And a Marine.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Compare this true hero the ffing zero the ffing bamscum brought back !!
Scum bampunk brought back to give a hero's welcome to. A damn deserter that it is known voluntarily joined and then collaborated with the enemy.--Tyr
I hope in the future somebody gives the deserter his true justice........

hjmick
06-19-2014, 10:46 AM
This story has pretty much led the news here in Charleston for the last two or three days.

Tough SOB.

aboutime
06-19-2014, 12:50 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/cmh.jpg

Gaffer
06-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Too bad he had to receive it from the imbecile instead of a real president.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Too bad he had to receive it from the imbecile instead of a real president.

That is just so sad, the brave man had to get that award from a lousy ffing traitor that is hell bent on destroying this nation.. I wish the man had spit in the mmtthrffkker's face!!!!!!!!! I would have in a damn heartbeat!!
I hate that lousy bastard with every molecule in my body! --Tyr

aboutime
06-19-2014, 07:52 PM
That is just so sad, the brave man had to get that award from a lousy ffing traitor that is hell bent on destroying this nation.. I wish the man had spit in the mmtthrffkker's face!!!!!!!!! I would have in a damn heartbeat!!
I hate that lousy bastard with every molecule in my body! --Tyr

Tyr. I'm sure you know. You're not alone. Many people are unaware, and I wonder if Obama knows. That all who get the Medal of Honor MUST BE SALUTED first, by fellow members of the armed forces, and THE PRESIDENT as well.
Not even OBAMA is eligible for that Medal. In fact. When Obama presents it. He cheapen's it.