PDA

View Full Version : Tragic accident or murder in hot-car toddler death?

Jeff
06-25-2014, 06:32 PM
No matter how you cut it this guy needs to go to jail, a mistake, well if he can make such a ridicules mistake as to forgetting and then basically cooking his son then he needs to pay the price.

(CNN) -- What sounded like the most tragic of accidents -- a dad absentmindedly leaving his toddler in the car (http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/index.html) on a scorching Georgia day -- is now being treated by police as a horrific, and intentional, crime.
Two new details were added to a revised Cobb County criminal warrant Tuesday: Not only did Justin Ross Harris put his son in the car minutes before arriving at work on June 18, but he returned to his car hours later during his lunch break.
Harris placed his son, 22-month old Cooper, into a rear-facing child restraint in the backseat of his Hyundai Tucson after eating breakfast at a fast-food restaurant. He then drove to his workplace, a Home Depot corporate office about a half-mile away, according to the warrant.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

SassyLady
06-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I have always that people who endanger their children like this should be put through the same circumstances as punishment, but for the appropriate time frame for their physical build. In other words, if it takes baby 30 minutes to die like this the parent should be locked in hot car for 10 hours or something! Too pissed to even think rationally about this.

To me it doesn't matter if it's accident ... it should still get same punishment as murder.

Jeff
06-25-2014, 06:51 PM
I have always that people who endanger their children like this should be put through the same circumstances as punishment, but for the appropriate time frame for their physical build. In other words, if it takes baby 30 minutes to die like this the parent should be locked in hot car for 10 hours or something! Too pissed to even think rationally about this.

To me it doesn't matter if it's accident ... it should still get same punishment as murder.

I have to agree and after watching the video it sounds like he will be charged basically for being a idiot, what a terrible way to have to go.

aboutime
06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Forget the IDIOT. A child has died from stupidity beyond belief.
There are NO EXCUSES for FORGETTING your child is with you, much less in your car.

Anything, anyone does to ANY child is Inexcusable. PERIOD.

Who is speaking for the poor baby?

Jeff
06-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Forget the IDIOT. A child has died from stupidity beyond belief.
There are NO EXCUSES for FORGETTING your child is with you, much less in your car.

Anything, anyone does to ANY child is Inexcusable. PERIOD.

Who is speaking for the poor baby?

My kids now I will protect them as I am sure this little guy thought of his dad. I try to explain to my kids even with animals when they are that young we are responsible to teach them the right way !!