PDA

View Full Version : 20 year anniversary

jimnyc
06-26-2014, 09:03 AM
So this Sunday I will have been married for 20 years. Don't ask for any tips as I have no clue how we made it this far. And a near 14 year old popped into the picture during those 20 years. There were certainly some rough patches, and some are still there, but I do believe they make you stronger.

And with all of my complaining, nagging, jokes and such - I still wouldn't want anyone else alongside me in this world (Kaley Cuoco maybe? or maybe Candice Swanepoel?)

I'd like to go to a good dinner and movie on sunday, preferably a steak house. I was thinking Ruth's Chris or Morton's. Any other recommendations?

And what about movies? I love horror flicks, but probably not best suited for her, and our anniversary. Any recommendations on what's out there?

red state
06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
CONGRATS! I will have been married 24 years come Aug. 29th. We plan to hit St. Augustine but who knows.

I suggest that you skip a movie and book a horse & buggy.....surely NY has some romantic spot like that to simply take in the evening. You may want to do that first cuz I'd personally rather not take the chance of some horse's over-active bowels AFTER I've already eaten. HA!!!! If you're gonna spend that kind of doe at one of the most expensive steak houses I know of down here in the South.....I suggest going all out and putting in some play rather than a movie. And I KNOW NY has a good many plays running (year round). My son's girl friend just hit Phantom of the Opera a few months ago there in NY so look into that one! He didn't like it but she certainly did.....she made us watch it on Netflix right after she got back.

Now for our 25th, we had discussed getting a cabin for us and our pastor for next year to re-new our vows at a quaint lil' church there in the mountains (or outside under GOD ALMIGHTY's greatness). Anyway, you are pressed for time on any number of these ideas so I'd suggest you get cracking!!!! NOW!!

jimnyc
06-26-2014, 11:14 AM
CONGRATS! I will have been married 24 years come Aug. 29th. We plan to hit St. Augustine but who knows.

I suggest that you skip a movie and book a horse & buggy.....surely NY has some romantic spot like that to simply take in the evening. You may want to do that first cuz I'd personally rather not take the chance of some horse's over-active bowels AFTER I've already eaten. HA!!!! If you're gonna spend that kind of doe at one of the most expensive steak houses I know of down here in the South.....I suggest going all out and putting in some play rather than a movie. And I KNOW NY has a good many plays running (year round). My son's girl friend just hit Phantom of the Opera a few months ago there in NY so look into that one! He didn't like it but she certainly did.....she made us watch it on Netflix right after she got back.

Now for our 25th, we had discussed getting a cabin for us and our pastor for next year to re-new our vows at a quaint lil' church there in the mountains (or outside under GOD ALMIGHTY's greatness). Anyway, you are pressed for time on any number of these ideas so I'd suggest you get cracking!!!! NOW!!

Congrats back at ya!

I saw Phantom I think 3 times now, and once was with my wife. I think pretty much anything in NYC would be out. She works in the city during the week and would hate to go back there on a weekend. Although it's in my username, we live north of the city. She has to train it in, and back, every day.

The dinner is a definite, just a matter of where. But I would like to make a reservation. I'm not sold on the movie...

Abbey Marie
06-26-2014, 11:21 AM
So this Sunday I will have been married for 20 years. Don't ask for any tips as I have no clue how we made it this far. And a near 14 year old popped into the picture during those 20 years. There were certainly some rough patches, and some are still there, but I do believe they make you stronger.

And with all of my complaining, nagging, jokes and such - I still wouldn't want anyone else alongside me in this world (Kaley Cuoco maybe? or maybe Candice Swanepoel?)

I'd like to go to a good dinner and movie on sunday, preferably a steak house. I was thinking Ruth's Chris or Morton's. Any other recommendations?

And what about movies? I love horror flicks, but probably not best suited for her, and our anniversary. Any recommendations on what's out there?

If you can spare the time, we have spent many anniversaries at the Black Bass Hotel, right on the Delaware River, in the New Hope PA area. Food, rooms and views are great.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT29jVKpaiuXF4sDClnYLsKeN2Z_vrK9 iEx6W-a7l-xIQJYWOwt3w

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwyMgCwiR51y4o9fXvv4mOctm6fbyGW LuL6qWqcD8gIJtclIur

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTYb6vXve7ll62BLuKfkRZxUVj06KUA aJC2X4sCpdxNcckjOOgAA

aboutime
06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Congrats jimnyc. Good for you. Proves you are both doing something right.

I don't remember our 20th. I was somewhere oversea's. But, she stuck by me.

March 21st of next year makes 46 for us. Special ladies make it possible.

Treat her well. They are really THE ONLY FRIEND we have.

Jeff
06-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Congrats James !!

I realized this past weekend would of been 29 years for my first :laugh: ( I celebrated because it isn't happening )

Seriously , Laura and I on our Anniversary try to go back up to Gatlinburg ( that is where we got married ) We got married on the deck of our cabin over looking the valley, words can't describe the beauty, and we stop and get some good steaks , some lobster and what ever else sounds good and we shut ourselves in at the cabin for the weekend. The cabin has everything we need and this way it is just the 2 of us, it may not be for others but we love to celebrate like this !

Abbey Marie
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
Congrats James !!

I realized this past weekend would of been 29 years for my first :laugh: ( I celebrated because it isn't happening )

Seriously , Laura and I on our Anniversary try to go back up to Gatlinburg ( that is where we got married ) We got married on the deck of our cabin over looking the valley, words can't describe the beauty, and we stop and get some good steaks , some lobster and what ever else sounds good and we shut ourselves in at the cabin for the weekend. The cabin has everything we need and this way it is just the 2 of us, it may not be for others but we love to celebrate like this !

That sounds pretty perfect to me. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Congrats jimnyc. Good for you. Proves you are both doing something right.

I don't remember our 20th. I was somewhere oversea's. But, she stuck by me.

March 21st of next year makes 46 for us. Special ladies make it possible.

Treat her well. They are really THE ONLY FRIEND we have.

December tenth this year will be our tenth anniversary! My how those years have flown by complete with our 7 year old little monkey.
Haven't made any plans yet but will be sure to make her happy.
Congrats AT, Jim and Jeff. We should bow to these ladies that put up with us!!! Lord knows how they do it, I sure don't. ;) -Tyr

SassyLady
06-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Congrats Jim!!!

Dinner and movies is it for 20 years?!? Seriously dude!!! You need to do a little more than that. How about a trip to Cozumel to renew your vows!!??

Anyway, if you wuss out and JUST do the dinner and movies thing ... do not, and I mean under no circumstances do not, go see The Fault in Our Stars! Great movie but way more than a tear jerker ... it's a total full box of Kleenex movie. You don't want to remember crying that much on your 20th!

Movie I'm waiting for is "Sin City - A Dame to Kill For".

Anyway, whatever you do I hope you look in her eyes and remember why you fell in love and let it happen all over again.

:cheers2:

jimnyc
06-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Congrats Jim!!!

Dinner and movies is it for 20 years?!? Seriously dude!!! You need to do a little more than that. How about a trip to Cozumel to renew your vows!!??

Anyway, if you wuss out and JUST do the dinner and movies thing ... do not, and I mean under no circumstances do not, go see The Fault in Our Stars! Great movie but way more than a tear jerker ... it's a total full box of Kleenex movie. You don't want to remember crying that much on your 20th!

Movie I'm waiting for is "Sin City - A Dame to Kill For".

Anyway, whatever you do I hope you look in her eyes and remember why you fell in love and let it happen all over again.

:cheers2:

Well, none of that is looking good. I brought up the subject last night, to make sure any reservations I make were good to go, and she more or less got snarky and said she ain't going nowhere on Sunday. Her only plans are to make a good meal. I asked of course about our son being there, and shouldn't we be at least celebrating a little bit for the 20th year??

Arghhhhhhh, not sure why I even bothered thinking about it. The thought was there, but I suppose it'll just be another day. :(

Abbey Marie
06-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Well, none of that is looking good. I brought up the subject last night, to make sure any reservations I make were good to go, and she more or less got snarky and said she ain't going nowhere on Sunday. Her only plans are to make a good meal. I asked of course about our son being there, and shouldn't we be at least celebrating a little bit for the 20th year??

Arghhhhhhh, not sure why I even bothered thinking about it. The thought was there, but I suppose it'll just be another day. :(

Well, you get points for trying. :beer:

jimnyc
06-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Well, you get points for trying. :beer:

Her grandmother is in a rehab center, recovering from hip surgery. She will be getting released on the 8th. I just spoke with my MIL and it turns out grandma will be going to a nursing home, although she doesn't know this yet. MIL is coming up from Florida on sunday morning, and will work with my wife and her sister (my wife's aunt) to find a suitable nursing home and work over the finances. In other words, the anniversary will be an afterthought! I hope they find a resolution by tuesday though, as I turn 46 on that day, and I just may go out and drink at a blues club!

I love this show!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5IK30-SNApg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trigg
06-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Congrats!! Nuke and I made it to 25 a few months ago.

It takes a lot of patience to keep a marriage together for that length of time. I hope you two are able to get away and celebrate

NightTrain
06-27-2014, 01:25 PM
I admire all of you that made it for such a long time with your spouse, I really do. I'm one of the many that failed, my hat's off to you.

Jim, for a 20th Anniversary, I would definitely take her somewhere special... like maybe Cancun or Tahiti, or even a road trip down to New Orleans or something like that.

I hear a couple's massage is fun... I've never tried it. A dozen roses would be mandatory.

If that can't be done, maybe a Limo (which are surprisingly reasonable) to pick you two up and take you to a nice restaurant and then a theatre show (if she likes that sort of thing) and then to a upscale hotel for the night with room service bringing the champagne.

Or, fly you two up here and I'll drop you two off at my cabin 20 miles up the Talkeetna River for a few days - that'll be something she'll never forget! I just checked airfare from NYC to Anchorage for 2 adults, which is all you'd need to provide, and it's about $1600 total. Chicks dig saunas and romantic glacial rivers flowing right off the front yard deck. You can get a Steelers loincloth and play Alaskan Tarzan for her since you'll be the only humans for 20 miles.

Since she got snarky with you, you have to go with a surprise with everything already in place so she can't say no... and then lay on the charm. And don't wear that Steeler tie, whatever you do.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I admire all of you that made it for such a long time with your spouse, I really do. I'm one of the many that failed, my hat's off to you.

Jim, for a 20th Anniversary, I would definitely take her somewhere special... like maybe Cancun or Tahiti, or even a road trip down to New Orleans or something like that.

I hear a couple's massage is fun... I've never tried it. A dozen roses would be mandatory.

If that can't be done, maybe a Limo (which are surprisingly reasonable) to pick you two up and take you to a nice restaurant and then a theatre show (if she likes that sort of thing) and then to a upscale hotel for the night with room service bringing the champagne.

Or, fly you two up here and I'll drop you two off at my cabin 20 miles up the Talkeetna River for a few days - that'll be something she'll never forget! I just checked airfare from NYC to Anchorage for 2 adults, which is all you'd need to provide, and it's about $1600 total. Chicks dig saunas and romantic glacial rivers flowing right off the front yard deck. You can get a Steelers loincloth and play Alaskan Tarzan for her since you'll be the only humans for 20 miles.

Since she got snarky with you, you have to go with a surprise with everything already in place so she can't say no... and then lay on the charm. And don't wear that Steeler tie, whatever you do.

Wow, NT, you make a convincing argument! NT's girl must be a very happy lady. :cool:

jimnyc
06-28-2014, 10:54 AM

I wish it were that simple. You need to have both parties willing to do something for it to work. I can't get her to go out to dinner for the 20th, no way I get her to go on a vacation - especially since the anniversary is tomorrow!

Oh man, I wish I could take you up on that offer, that sounds awesome. Is there an internet connection there? LOL I think you posted a bunch of pictures of you and the family there. I imagine some good fishing too!

The surprise thing is something I am thinking of. Maybe since I waited too long, I can do something after the fact, which is still celebrating the anniversary.

Gaffer
06-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Take her to a nice dinner and then to see the Jersey Boys which has just come out in the theaters.

NightTrain
06-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I wish it were that simple. You need to have both parties willing to do something for it to work. I can't get her to go out to dinner for the 20th, no way I get her to go on a vacation - especially since the anniversary is tomorrow!

Oh man, I wish I could take you up on that offer, that sounds awesome. Is there an internet connection there? LOL I think you posted a bunch of pictures of you and the family there. I imagine some good fishing too!

The surprise thing is something I am thinking of. Maybe since I waited too long, I can do something after the fact, which is still celebrating the anniversary.

Yeah, I just came back from the cabin, I took my 17 year old son and 2 of his buddies along and scared the holy hell out of them in Class IV whitewater in the canyon above the cabin. I'm going to mount a dash cam facing the passengers so I can fully enjoy the looks of sheer terror when I run it... I'm too busy making the boat dance through the rapids to watch their faces.

I just checked the internet coverage at the cabin, with AT&T there's 5 bars signal strength and 4G LTE coverage. Did a speedtest.net test to Seattle and I got 8 megs down and 2 megs up, which is pretty damned awesome.

There's nothing wrong with a late anniversary surprise, especially after it's passed and won't suspect it's coming.

Take her breath away with something off the wall that she'll never forget!

SassyLady
06-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Hey, Jim, I'll go with you to the cabin to celebrate your anniversary!!!

:wink2::wink2:

red state
06-30-2014, 07:36 AM
NT has it going on and is DEAD ON accurate with his advice. I'm not saying that you should do something expensive (IF) she is only going to shoot it down BUT I believe she is simply being a woman and is hoping you'll surprise her anyway by stepping up and being the man here. You do know that women, regardless of how attached or proud they may be of whatever ring on their hand, are ALWAYS a sucker for a new ring. I hope you know. I found out the hard way that lil' lesson a few years ago. I received a big bonus from one of my very best clients in Australia and the next thing I knew was......our walking around and entering the jewelers for a 'new' anniversary ring. I thought that would be the final ring since it was an upgrade from the initial ring that got us through so many rough years but now (when life is good) she has been hinting on YET another ring. Keep in mind, the last one I bought was only 7 or 8 years ago. So........if you don't do anything else......BUY that girl a big ole ring that'll choke a horse. If she don't like it, you can always put it off on the next sucka. Cuz, my friend, we are ALL suckas for the dames (DAME)! Just in case my wife is reading this across from me. HA!!! Since we both work within the same office, it is harder for me to be secretive or romantic in planning things. I'm finding out that I should have done what I normally do and grab a cabin months and months in advance cuz the area we usually do for Valentines and Thanksgiving is not working out so well for our first summer vacation n the mountains & DollyWood. I had hoped to find one for us in August so I wouldn't have to go to St Augustine. I don't mind FL so bad (IF) I can hit Melbourne beach, Universal and a bit of Atlantic fishing but I'm not into Florida further N or simply being "romantic". I like thrills and chills and Florida simply isn't doing it for me these days with all the fishing bans, Harry Potter upgrades and growing muSLUM count the past few years. I MUCH prefer the SMOKY mnts......anytime, anywhere!!! Even if I have to do a hotel instead of a cabin. Perhaps you could (at least) get your wife away to some of the mountains in NY State or the lower surrounding areas. After all, your MIL is going to be there to help and I'm sure you'd get brownie points from her and your wife in 'tying' to be romantic. Just don't count on your wife being in the right state of mind right now or totally up front with you on what she really wants. Women are funny that way.......and VERY dangerous. Tread lightly and carefully.

At any rate, you'd better read between the lines and do something special.....SOMETHING. It may be that she's simply trying to make it easier for you by acting as if she doesn't feel up. She could simply be giving you plenty of rope to go all out or 'get creative' for a whale of a surprise. The ladies here should fill you in on how they think but I believe they are holding back for some reason. Hope it all turned out / turns out well whether you decide/decided to do it now or later.....and again.....
Congratulations!!!

jimnyc
06-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Maybe I could have been more proactive than "asking", but didn't based on past performance. Anyway, not even a "happy anniversary". And the nice meal to celebrate was turkey burgers and potato salad. Either someone forgot, which I highly doubt, or the day/milestone doesn't mean as much as it meant to me. :(

jimnyc
06-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Btw, thanks to all of you for the great suggestions!

Jeff
06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Hey, Jim, I'll go with you to the cabin to celebrate your anniversary!!!

:wink2::wink2:

You beat me to it :laugh: and now I am not even going to offer, I am pretty sure Jim will pick you :laugh:

Jeff
06-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I just came back from the cabin, I took my 17 year old son and 2 of his buddies along and scared the holy hell out of them in Class IV whitewater in the canyon above the cabin. I'm going to mount a dash cam facing the passengers so I can fully enjoy the looks of sheer terror when I run it... I'm too busy making the boat dance through the rapids to watch their faces.

I just checked the internet coverage at the cabin, with AT&T there's 5 bars signal strength and 4G LTE coverage. Did a speedtest.net test to Seattle and I got 8 megs down and 2 megs up, which is pretty damned awesome.

There's nothing wrong with a late anniversary surprise, especially after it's passed and won't suspect it's coming.

Take her breath away with something off the wall that she'll never forget!

NT that sounds beautiful !!! That is my dream to live that way, although now a days I am sure I am way to soft to do so. Everything I see or read about up that way is just beautiful, at this point in my life my dream is now a cruise up that way, but if I ever find the fountain of youth I will be heading that way just as I should of 30 years ago !

Jeff
06-30-2014, 02:54 PM
NT has it going on and is DEAD ON accurate with his advice. I'm not saying that you should do something expensive (IF) she is only going to shoot it down BUT I believe she is simply being a woman and is hoping you'll surprise her anyway by stepping up and being the man here. You do know that women, regardless of how attached or proud they may be of whatever ring on their hand, are ALWAYS a sucker for a new ring. I hope you know. I found out the hard way that lil' lesson a few years ago. I received a big bonus from one of my very best clients in Australia and the next thing I knew was......our walking around and entering the jewelers for a 'new' anniversary ring. I thought that would be the final ring since it was an upgrade from the initial ring that got us through so many rough years but now (when life is good) she has been hinting on YET another ring. Keep in mind, the last one I bought was only 7 or 8 years ago. So........if you don't do anything else......BUY that girl a big ole ring that'll choke a horse. If she don't like it, you can always put it off on the next sucka. Cuz, my friend, we are ALL suckas for the dames (DAME)! Just in case my wife is reading this across from me. HA!!! Since we both work within the same office, it is harder for me to be secretive or romantic in planning things. I'm finding out that I should have done what I normally do and grab a cabin months and months in advance cuz the area we usually do for Valentines and Thanksgiving is not working out so well for our first summer vacation n the mountains & DollyWood. I had hoped to find one for us in August so I wouldn't have to go to St Augustine. I don't mind FL so bad (IF) I can hit Melbourne beach, Universal and a bit of Atlantic fishing but I'm not into Florida further N or simply being "romantic". I like thrills and chills and Florida simply isn't doing it for me these days with all the fishing bans, Harry Potter upgrades and growing muSLUM count the past few years. I MUCH prefer the SMOKY mnts......anytime, anywhere!!! Even if I have to do a hotel instead of a cabin. Perhaps you could (at least) get your wife away to some of the mountains in NY State or the lower surrounding areas. After all, your MIL is going to be there to help and I'm sure you'd get brownie points from her and your wife in 'tying' to be romantic. Just don't count on your wife being in the right state of mind right now or totally up front with you on what she really wants. Women are funny that way.......and VERY dangerous. Tread lightly and carefully.

At any rate, you'd better read between the lines and do something special.....SOMETHING. It may be that she's simply trying to make it easier for you by acting as if she doesn't feel up. She could simply be giving you plenty of rope to go all out or 'get creative' for a whale of a surprise. The ladies here should fill you in on how they think but I believe they are holding back for some reason. Hope it all turned out / turns out well whether you decide/decided to do it now or later.....and again.....
Congratulations!!!

Hey Red I am usually up that way myself On Valentines day and in August, my wedding anniversary is in August, we always try to get the same cabin when we go up but lately we have been going to Maggie Valley, it seems much less crowded and it is always easy to get a cabin , heck one Valentines day we had reservations in Gatlinburg but it had snowed and the Parkway was closed so we couldn't make it, but we still went up and went over the other mountain to Maggie and as we stopped for breakfast we found a house for rent, it wound up being really nice. Maggie kind of shuts down in the winter until this weekend when the ski resort gets going ( or at least that is what they have said I am not into snow skiing ) but I do know most places are closed until that weekend, which is fine with us (we go for our time not a shopping spree) But Maggie all year long is nice, and ity is a stone throw away from Cherokee and Gatlinburg, or I just go the other way on the Parkway for some of the most beautiful riding around.

Abbey Marie
06-30-2014, 04:32 PM
You beat me to it :laugh: and now I am not even going to offer, I am pretty sure Jim will pick you :laugh:

Hey Jeff, no worries, I'll bet the cabin sleeps three. :laugh2:

red state
06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey Red I am usually up that way myself On Valentines day and in August, my wedding anniversary is in August, we always try to get the same cabin when we go up but lately we have been going to Maggie Valley, it seems much less crowded and it is always easy to get a cabin , heck one Valentines day we had reservations in Gatlinburg but it had snowed and the Parkway was closed so we couldn't make it, but we still went up and went over the other mountain to Maggie and as we stopped for breakfast we found a house for rent, it wound up being really nice. Maggie kind of shuts down in the winter until this weekend when the ski resort gets going ( or at least that is what they have said I am not into snow skiing ) but I do know most places are closed until that weekend, which is fine with us (we go for our time not a shopping spree) But Maggie all year long is nice, and ity is a stone throw away from Cherokee and Gatlinburg, or I just go the other way on the Parkway for some of the most beautiful riding around.

_______________________________________________Yea h....ALL sounds good to me, Jeff.....

...I'll have to look that up. Maggie is more of a biker area BUT my wife has (FINALLY) made mention that she like the new spiders (3 wheelers). Some biker friends / fellow church members are there as I type and his wife traded her (Honda I think) for a brand new spider. The husband had a Harley but said that they were over rated and that his Honda (I think that's what he's got anyway) out performs a Harley.

At any rate, I'll look into Maggie......and yes, it is exactly on the other side of Mt. LeConte (where we stay in Greenbriar). We were going to white water, do Dollywood and, of course, the strip in Gatlinburg but we were supposed to do that in early June. What messed us up is that Tasha's sister was winding down her 5 yr battle with cancer during that time and we were going up to their house quite a bit to help out. Now that she's gone and buried, we seem to have lost out on all the good cabins. In fact, most of the bad ones are gone as well!!!!! Yep, the real estate has definitely rebounded there in E. TN and FL. We had two properties we were thinking of pulling the trigger on but both of those windows are now closed. I suppose it was a good thing but I sure would love to own one of the three cabins that are our favorites up that way......they could/would always make ya money when you aren't there. We may still do that.....especially if our youngest gets a full ride to college as our middle girl is going to. College was another thing that made us hold up on pulling those real estate triggers but it seems that we'd be fine in doing so should we find that perfect spot. The cabin and FL home we had our sites on FINALLY sold after several years of being on the market.

Anyway, perhaps I can talk my wife out of St. Augustine and head up to the mountains like we did last Anniversary. If so, I'll give you a ring so that we can bowl or something. The shortest way to reach you guys would be over the mountain that divides us but I figure we'll take the long route and drive instead of hike. HA!!!!!!! With my girls going to Texas with friends on their annual Texas run, we probably won't even do a vacation this year (BUMMER)!!!!

Well, my better half is calling me to supper.....

red state
06-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Oh, Jeff.....my wife told me that NOW is the worst time to try and beat the crowds in the mountains cuz this is their busy time. Like you, I believe V-day, August and Thanksgiving is the absolute BEST time to go cuz the weather is festive and the crowds are small. The cabins certainly aren't as high either. We did the mountains for the very first time in Aug. last year and it was grand. My wife took her sister three years ago when she first lost her hair and the May weather was fantastic with all the lil' critters running around but the crowds were pretty darn heavy. I had planned to go in June cuz I heard that the Rhododendron or, as we say in the South, (Rodundrum) were in bloom.....BY THE WAY, YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ON THAT PM WHEN I ASKED YOU ABOUT THEIR BLOOMING.....

Talk to ya later....I smell EATS!!!!

SassyLady
06-30-2014, 09:49 PM

Whew ..... that's good to know!! I was almost afraid Jim would take me up on the offer. :coffee:

NightTrain
06-30-2014, 10:09 PM

We've slept 18 in there before, just broke out some cots around the living room, and 2 in the Sauna. The drunken snores were amazing to behold after a long day riding in the mountains!

NightTrain
06-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Whew ..... that's good to know!! I was almost afraid Jim would take me up on the offer. :coffee:

You know you always have the offer as well, chickie! All you need is a plane ticket.

SassyLady
06-30-2014, 10:39 PM
You know you always have the offer as well, chickie! All you need is a plane ticket.

Gotta wait .... amazon outfit at cleaners!

NT'sGirl
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Congratulations! If you end up anywhere near Troy stop at the confectionary! The pastry chef there is AWESOME!

NT'sGirl
06-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Wow, NT, you make a convincing argument! NT's girl must be a very happy lady. :cool:

Lol Abby! I am a pretty happy girl but we are only working our way to 5 years, the full benefits package has not kicked in yet. But he has done a good job of spoiling me so far

NightTrain
06-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Gotta wait .... amazon outfit at cleaners!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Jeff
07-01-2014, 12:51 AM
_______________________________________________Yea h....ALL sounds good to me, Jeff.....

...I'll have to look that up. Maggie is more of a biker area BUT my wife has (FINALLY) made mention that she like the new spiders (3 wheelers). Some biker friends / fellow church members are there as I type and his wife traded her (Honda I think) for a brand new spider. The husband had a Harley but said that they were over rated and that his Honda (I think that's what he's got anyway) out performs a Harley.

Red I have owner Harley s , Honda's a Kawasaki and even a Yamaha and they are all good bikes when you take care of them, as for how they perform, that all depends on what kind of riding you want to do, for me my Electra Glide is what I like, the comfort is as good as any it has all the luxuries you would want, but the sound is what sells me. As for the spiders I don't like them, but I understand the new ones this year have come out with a 3 cylinder motor and many folks love them. As for when to go to Maggie, yes August is a good time ( that is my anniversary so I have been there ) I have gone in the beging of November ( the wife and I celebrate our Birthdays ) and it is great then and it stays great ( quite ) until the weekend after Valentines day , that is when everything opens up again.

At any rate, I'll look into Maggie......and yes, it is exactly on the other side of Mt. LeConte (where we stay in Greenbriar). We were going to white water, do Dollywood and, of course, the strip in Gatlinburg but we were supposed to do that in early June. What messed us up is that Tasha's sister was winding down her 5 yr battle with cancer during that time and we were going up to their house quite a bit to help out. Now that she's gone and buried, we seem to have lost out on all the good cabins. In fact, most of the bad ones are gone as well!!!!! Yep, the real estate has definitely rebounded there in E. TN and FL. We had two properties we were thinking of pulling the trigger on but both of those windows are now closed. I suppose it was a good thing but I sure would love to own one of the three cabins that are our favorites up that way......they could/would always make ya money when you aren't there. We may still do that.....especially if our youngest gets a full ride to college as our middle girl is going to. College was another thing that made us hold up on pulling those real estate triggers but it seems that we'd be fine in doing so should we find that perfect spot. The cabin and FL home we had our sites on FINALLY sold after several years of being on the market.

Anyway, perhaps I can talk my wife out of St. Augustine and head up to the mountains like we did last Anniversary. If so, I'll give you a ring so that we can bowl or something. The shortest way to reach you guys would be over the mountain that divides us but I figure we'll take the long route and drive instead of hike. HA!!!!!!! With my girls going to Texas with friends on their annual Texas run, we probably won't even do a vacation this year (BUMMER)!!!!

So sorry to hear about your loss. Good Luck with the St. Augustine deal !!
Well, my better half is calling me to supper.....

Oh, Jeff.....my wife told me that NOW is the worst time to try and beat the crowds in the mountains cuz this is their busy time. Like you, I believe V-day, August and Thanksgiving is the absolute BEST time to go cuz the weather is festive and the crowds are small. The cabins certainly aren't as high either. We did the mountains for the very first time in Aug. last year and it was grand. My wife took her sister three years ago when she first lost her hair and the May weather was fantastic with all the lil' critters running around but the crowds were pretty darn heavy. I had planned to go in June cuz I heard that the Rhododendron or, as we say in the South, (Rodundrum) were in bloom.....BY THE WAY, YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ON THAT PM WHEN I ASKED YOU ABOUT THEIR BLOOMING.....

With the fourth coming I stay away from the mountains all together, I do have to go up to Helen GA Sunday ( Biker Sunday at Route 75 Restaurant ) but as soon as that is done I am gone, it is to hot to be sitting in stop and go traffic. Sorry about not getting back to ya I have no idea why I didn't and I have since deleted all my Pm's.
Talk to ya later....I smell EATS!!!!

red state
07-01-2014, 11:48 AM

I'll send you a PM.....

SassyLady
07-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Congratulations! If you end up anywhere near Troy stop at the confectionary! The pastry chef there is AWESOME!

By awesome do you mean his pastries or "he" is awesome. Either way I will definitely have to look him up!!

NT'sGirl
07-02-2014, 10:10 AM
By awesome do you mean his pastries or "he" is awesome. Either way I will definitely have to look him up!!

I mean she is AMAZING!!! Her pastries are out of this world as well! Pretty much she rocks everything.
This is one of my personal favorites. Dark chocolate amaretto mousse bombe!

Gaffer
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
If you want to get Jim's attention you have to say her pasties are amazing.

jimnyc
07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
If you want to get Jim's attention you have to say her pasties are amazing.

Did someone say pasties? :)

Abbey Marie
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Taps feet, waiting... waiting...

NT'sGirl
07-02-2014, 06:37 PM

Abby you can come see me anytime!

SassyLady
07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
I mean she is AMAZING!!! Her pastries are out of this world as well! Pretty much she rocks everything.
This is one of my personal favorites. Dark chocolate amaretto mousse bombe!

Well, dang, that almost enough to make a girl become a switch hitter!

NT'sGirl
07-03-2014, 03:30 PM

That's what I said! Aaaand she's dang cute too!

NightTrain
07-03-2014, 03:44 PM

Lol Abbey... I've invited you too before!

It doesn't have an expiration date!

Kathianne
07-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Lol Abbey... I've invited you too before!

It doesn't have an expiration date!

If I get a teaching gig, I'm all over the invite. My roomie's 'base' is Anchorage! She flies for Atlas, 747.

SassyLady
07-03-2014, 10:11 PM
If I get a teaching gig, I'm all over the invite. My roomie's 'base' is Anchorage! She flies for Atlas, 747.

From Illinois to Arizona to Anchorage? You are pushing the envelope! :bow3:

Kathianne
07-04-2014, 07:09 AM
From Illinois to Arizona to Anchorage? You are pushing the envelope! :bow3:

LOL! What's 'old age' for? If not now, when?

Jeff
07-04-2014, 07:24 AM

That's what I said! Aaaand she's dang cute too!

OK Y'all are sending my mind a wandering :laugh: and that isn't a good thing :laugh:

jimnyc
07-04-2014, 09:34 AM
OK Y'all are sending my mind a wandering :laugh: and that isn't a good thing :laugh:

Like brother, like brother! I just didn't want to say something yet again and look like the perv that I am! :)