PDA

View Full Version : For Pale

darin
06-20-2007, 07:31 AM
I never thought I'd see the day...I didn't want to enjoy it, but it actually was pretty fun. :D

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=304&stc=1&d=1182342674

Jon
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I never thought I'd see the day...I didn't want to enjoy it, but it actually was pretty fun. :D

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=304&stc=1&d=1182342674

Nice! It suits you!

:lol:

darin
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Now - just need chaps. :)

-Cp
06-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Those open-face helmets are stupid.... but I bet it did have a "nice ride" to it :)

darin
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Those open-face helmets are stupid.... but I bet it did have a "nice ride" to it :)

Yup - was very comfy - and it felt odd yet cool to have very little helmet on. I care too much about my face though, to ride w/o a full-face helmet. Not on a harley, though. I bet I'd get my arse kicked by HD riders if I showed up on a hog with a full-face helmet :)

Pale Rider
06-20-2007, 06:03 PM

"Road King." Nice choice. So are you saying you bought that?

darin
06-20-2007, 11:36 PM
No no no...just rode it...belongs to a neighbor. :)

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 01:33 AM

But... now you want one... :dance:

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Ive never been on a bike. My best friend just bought a Buell I think it's called? He said Harley Owns that? I wonder if it has the same awesome sound? I got a kick out of it when I herd Harley put a patten on their sound, noone in the Automotive/Motorcycle vehicle has ever done that. Ive herd I think BMW was trying to get a simular sound? Maybe it was a different brand.
Pale, why dont you go work part time 2-3 hours a day at the Harley Store since this seems to really be your passion. It wouldn't be like work, it would be like a kid working a toys r us :laugh2:
I forgot to ask, sounds like you like Hot August Nights, would you wanna be a volunteer Pale? The Cutoff was the other day but I can still get you in if you want. Send me pm and ill give you all the details. You get really cool items and you get into all the events free and food free. Ill talk to you more about it on im.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:44 AM

You need to get a bike and come down for Street Vibrations here in Carson City/Reno Area. It is a ton of fun. We get people and bikes from across the country and Canada and a couple other counteries. I can get you all the information if you want.

SassyLady
06-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Here's my toy and his toy.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kurtsprincess/DSC01516.jpg

The color is brandywine - but this picture makes it look more red.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:46 AM

Awesome!

SassyLady
06-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Yes he is!

Thanks!

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:55 AM
I was talking about the bike :laugh2: Check your points :)

SassyLady
06-21-2007, 01:57 AM
I was talking about the bike :laugh2: Check your points :)

Yeah I know - I was pulling your leg.....but I wanted everyone to know that I think he's awesome as well.

Saw the points - thank you!!!

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah I know - I was pulling your leg.....but I wanted everyone to know that I think he's awesome as well.

Saw the points - thank you!!!

Always!

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Ive never been on a bike. My best friend just bought a Buell I think it's called? He said Harley Owns that? I wonder if it has the same awesome sound? I got a kick out of it when I herd Harley put a patten on their sound, noone in the Automotive/Motorcycle vehicle has ever done that. Ive herd I think BMW was trying to get a simular sound? Maybe it was a different brand.
Pale, why dont you go work part time 2-3 hours a day at the Harley Store since this seems to really be your passion. It wouldn't be like work, it would be like a kid working a toys r us :laugh2:
I forgot to ask, sounds like you like Hot August Nights, would you wanna be a volunteer Pale? The Cutoff was the other day but I can still get you in if you want. Send me pm and ill give you all the details. You get really cool items and you get into all the events free and food free. Ill talk to you more about it on im.

Yeah Harley owns Buell. They're a sport bike. They're hard to ride though. The 1200's have a lot of torque, almost unpredictable, and they're way too small. I don't like 'em at all. They basically have a massaged Sportster engine in them, and with the right exhaust, they sound JUST like a Harley.

I can't work at all at a job where I have to punch in. I am 100% unemployable in the eyes of the Veterans Administration. I'm alright with that.

I like to be free to go and do as I please during the events in town. There's a lot to see and do, and I don't want to be tied down somewhere. Thanks anyway.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 03:09 AM

A Heritage Classic. Nice. I love the softails but don't care for the engines. They're solid mounted with internal balancers front and rear. When we dyno tuned a softail, they were always rev limited to a lower limit than the other bikes because of the balancers. Usually 5750 to 6000 rpm, depending on if they were built or not.

But the Hertige Classic is by far the most popular softail. It's a really nice looking bike, as is your's.

Here's what my Harley looks like right now. They're supposed to start on the repairs like right now. It might have made it into the shop today even.

Abbey Marie
06-21-2007, 08:03 AM
It's been a while since your accident. How have you been holding up so long without the bike?

darin
06-21-2007, 08:03 AM

ha! :)

I was looking at Metrics yesterday; I couldn't stomach the price tag of a Hog.

:D

darin
06-21-2007, 08:05 AM

If you want to learn to ride, start out with something like a Ninja 250. Sport bikes generally stop better and are MUCH MUCH lighter (easier to ride).

Take the MSF class near you, too!

Jon
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM

My father has the Kawi clone of that.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 11:50 AM
It's been a while since your accident. How have you been holding up so long without the bike?

I keep talking with friends and they say they're riding here or there this weekend, or there's a pocker run, or whatever, and I don't have my bike. It wasn't bad at first, but it's really starting to get on my nerves now... :mad:

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
ha! :)

I was looking at Metrics yesterday; I couldn't stomach the price tag of a Hog.

I hear that about the price tag. I've got roughly $23K in my Harley as it sits, and for that I could have bought TWO ZX-14 Kawasakis, and I WOULD like to have a Ninja ZX-14. The Kaw dealer is right acrossed the street from Harley, and I went over there and sat on a red one. I loved it. I wanted to buy it, but it was the only one they had and it was sold, to a guy that already had bought one and crashed it already. I think that ZX-14 was quite possible the most comfortable super bike I've ever sat on.

darin
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I hear that about the price tag. I've got roughly $23K in my Harley as it sits, and for that I could have bought TWO ZX-14 Kawasakis, and I WOULD like to have a Ninja ZX-14. The Kaw dealer is right acrossed the street from Harley, and I went over there and sat on a red one. I loved it. I wanted to buy it, but it was the only one they had and it was sold, to a guy that already had bought one and crashed it already. I think that ZX-14 was quite possible the most comfortable super bike I've ever sat on.

Haven't blessed the Kawi with my rump, but I've sat upon a Hayabusa - VERY VERY Comfortable. :D

Abbey Marie
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
What's with all this "comfort" talk? Are you guys getting old or something? :D

-Cp
06-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Here's what my Harley looks like right now. They're supposed to start on the repairs like right now. It might have made it into the shop today even.

But howcome they gotta be so gomey-looking?

Worse yet are those cheesy-looking plastic shields on the front of so many of those style of bikes...

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Haven't blessed the Kawi with my rump, but I've sat upon a Hayabusa - VERY VERY Comfortable. :D

I road a Hayabusa. I liked it. Fast....WAAAAAAY fast, and I didn't even HALF throttle it. This "girl," Lori, that used to work at Harley owned it. But, since I've already owned two Kaw's, I have kind of a loyalty to them. To me Kaws have a certain feel that's unique just to them. It's familiar to me.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
But howcome they gotta be so gomey-looking?

Worse yet are those cheesy-looking plastic shields on the front of so many of those style of bikes...

Are you saying that my Harley looks "gomey?"

And where do you see plastic shields on the front of it?

(I believe you're talking about the sport bikes, right?)

darin
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
To me Kaws have a certain feel that's unique just to them. It's familiar to me.

Right. There. Withya. :D