PDA

View Full Version : This gave me a little scare

tailfins
06-29-2014, 09:50 PM
I thought I was going to tip over. The small smooth rocks caused my vehicle to slide. My wife took this pic as I was trying to decide between forward or reverse. This was in Nova Scotia. Click to enlarge.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6157&stc=1

NightTrain
06-30-2014, 01:58 AM
The angle doesn't look bad until you see the building's level.

I would have turned the wheels hard left and rolled forward until you were pointing straight down and then backed out.

Gotta be careful, as I'm sure you already know, with those rigs because you have a high center of gravity and it doesn't take much to roll those babies on sidehills. Probably not as bad as the old CJ's but you still have the CG up higher.

Jeff
06-30-2014, 03:11 AM
tf I have been to Nova Scotia and loved it, when I was there it was long after the movie the Titanic ( well it was actually a couple years after ) had come out and the woman I was with lived right next to the cemetery where many from the ship where buried, she told me that when it had first came out they use to get tour buses up to the cemetery, well it was pretty cool reading the names and finding familiar ones from the movie, in fact we found the grave site of the guy that Leonardo DiCaprio had played, he was actually a worker in the engine room but it was a real name.

OK tf I hope y'all have a great trip and be careful, rolling down the hill just might put a dampen on a great vacation :laugh:

darin
06-30-2014, 06:01 AM
Any time off pavement is good :)

hjmick
06-30-2014, 07:15 AM
There's a reason they put an inclinometer in those things tf...

fj1200
06-30-2014, 07:30 AM
I thought I was going to tip over.

What? No angle indicator on the dash? I think you had a bit of room.

Re: Lateral Driving Angle (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/20832-lateral-driving-angle.html#post336930)Well, I'll tell you.

At 25 degrees I have to change my deodorant.
At 30 degrees it is time for new underwear.

At 35 degrees I start to become a Democrat due to restricted blood flow.

*shamelessly stolen

tailfins
06-30-2014, 08:06 AM
What? No angle indicator on the dash? I think you had a bit of room.

*shamelessly stolen

I was right at 30 according to the inclinometer.

fj1200
06-30-2014, 08:15 AM
I was right at 30 according to the inclinometer.

Wow, didn't look like 30. The interwebinator said you had until 41; where does the red start on yours?