PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Tries to Stop Deportation of Illegal Alien

Joe Steel
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Has Kerry gone too far? He's intervening to stop the deportation of a woman who came to the U. S. illegally.

...the government has so far refused to gran[t] a so-called hardship waiver that would allow her to stay in the country, WBZ reported.

Immigration lawyer Matthew Kolken told the television station that Hiraldo would have to wait 10 years to return to the US if she returned to the Dominican Republic to apply for a green card, as the government wants her to do.

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., wrote a letter to the Department of Homeland Security Wednesday, asking that Hiraldo be allowed to stay in the US.

DHS trying to deport... (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/DHS_trying_to_deport_missing_soldiers_0620.html)

5stringJeff
06-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Damn hypocrite...

Trigg
06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Has Kerry gone too far? He's intervening to stop the deportation of a woman who came to the U. S. illegally.

Tough situation and I do feel for her, but............she came here illegally. It's against the law...

Dilloduck
06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Tough situation and I do feel for her, but............she came here illegally. It's against the law...

Liberals absolutely LOVE to take a rare exception to the norm and use it to imply the norm is evil.

Gunny
06-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Liberals absolutely LOVE to take a rare exception to the norm and use it to imply the norm is evil.

Abu Ghraib comes IMMEDIATELY to mind.

Dilloduck
06-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Abu Ghraib comes IMMEDIATELY to mind.

Looking out for the little guys (victims) would be admirable except for the fact that they would happily screw around a bazillion innocents to help one.

nevadamedic
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I do feel for her, but she broke the law, plain and simple and should be required to take to consequences just like everyone else who has done the same thing. It's even worse with her other half being in the Military sworn to defend the country and turning a blind eye to her status.