PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift

jimnyc
07-02-2014, 10:38 AM
The necklace I have always kinks up on me, just the design flaw. That, and the clasp was opening on itself, if anyone recalls me losing a charm while recently on vacation. Plus I always nagged about having to use the clasp to remove it and put it on, that I wanted one that would slip over my head.

My wife got me a beautiful box cut style necklace. Not sure of the length but it easily fits over my head.

Problem was that my cross wouldn't fit on it, the little hoop ring barely got onto the necklace. So I went to the jeweler a little while ago with plans to leave it there and have a larger hoop placed on it. While she gave it to the guy who does the work, I was busy looking at new crucifix charms. I found one in a whitish gold look, and it was a crucifix charm instead of just a cross. I'm a sucker for a good salesperson. So I spent $185 on my own gift as well! And then after all of that, the guy comes out of the back and had the old cross on my necklace, just said he rounded it out and stretched a bit, no charge! I could have walked out without opening my wallet. That's ok, I'm happy.

Question is, can I only wear one at a time? Wearing both, will the crucifix get damaged by hanging with another charm? Which looks better on this necklace?

http://i.imgur.com/0hPoeYG.jpg

SassyLady
07-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I like both charms Jim.

I think the plain cross looks good on the chain you now have. Good for everyday wear.

I do like the crucifix better and would like to see it on a nicer chain for special occasions.

jimnyc
07-03-2014, 09:24 AM
I like both charms Jim.

I think the plain cross looks good on the chain you now have. Good for everyday wear.

I do like the crucifix better and would like to see it on a nicer chain for special occasions.

The old one has sentimental value as it was a gift from the wife. And the coloring does match up better. But I love the new crucifix!! I have another chain, but it is much smaller. Maybe if going to a wedding or similar, I can switch around. I like the new necklace not only for the length, and design.... This chain is like $600. Rather than jumping at the first cool looking crucifix I should have matched better? :( I originally wanted a much nicer crucifix, where the cross is more tubular than flat, but they were like $400 and up!

SassyLady
07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Well, it could be the lighting but the colors make it look like a reflection of his blood. It is different and that's why I like it. I think you made a good choice.