PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

Gaffer
07-04-2014, 10:30 PM
This was an interesting 4th here in my part of Ohio. There were the usual city and professional fire works, but the neighborhood fireworks far out shown any of the usual authorized stuff. Rockets, whistlers, mortars bottle rockets, firecrackers you name it it was going off from dusk until about 11 pm. Sounded like a war zone with small arms fire and heavy artillery going off all around. I don't remember ever seeing and hearing such celebration. This is in spite of all the no fire works ordinances in most cities here and even the state.

We sat in the back yard and set off fireworks and the neighbors did the same, quite a display. I'm now full of fried chicken, cole slaw, corn on the cob and chocolate cake. Off to bed now that the explosions have ceased. It was an impressive 4th, and I'm not easily impressed.

SassyLady
07-04-2014, 10:58 PM
We are still waiting because it's not dark yet!!

aboutime
07-05-2014, 02:31 PM
This was an interesting 4th here in my part of Ohio. There were the usual city and professional fire works, but the neighborhood fireworks far out shown any of the usual authorized stuff. Rockets, whistlers, mortars bottle rockets, firecrackers you name it it was going off from dusk until about 11 pm. Sounded like a war zone with small arms fire and heavy artillery going off all around. I don't remember ever seeing and hearing such celebration. This is in spite of all the no fire works ordinances in most cities here and even the state.

We sat in the back yard and set off fireworks and the neighbors did the same, quite a display. I'm now full of fried chicken, cole slaw, corn on the cob and chocolate cake. Off to bed now that the explosions have ceased. It was an impressive 4th, and I'm not easily impressed.

Our celebrations, and fireworks were postponed until Tonight (Saturday) due to our visitor...ARTHUR who blew in, and out just long enough to chase people away.