PDA

View Full Version : Greedy Couple Cashes In After Their Wedding Shower

Abbey Marie
06-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't go...

GREEDY COUPLE CASHES IN AFTER THEIR WEDDING SHOWER
By Abigail Van Buren
Mon Jun 18, 7:57 PM ET

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I have been invited to the wedding of some casual friends, "Ron" and "Barbie." We sent in our RSVP accepting the invitation, but already we're dreading the day. You see, a few weeks after we mailed it, we had dinner with them.

During the dinner, Ron and Barbie blatantly informed us that they had registered for expensive shower items (I had attended the shower) so they could return the gifts for cash. During the conversation, I mentioned I'd had my eye on a pricey vacuum cleaner I had seen advertised on TV. Barbie turned to her fiance and said, "Honey, we should have registered for that so we could return it for the cash!"

I was floored. So was my husband, though neither of us said a word until we were well on our way home and away from the "happy couple."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucda/20070618/lf_ucda/greedycouplecashesinaftertheirweddingshower

Missileman
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't go...

GREEDY COUPLE CASHES IN AFTER THEIR WEDDING SHOWER
By Abigail Van Buren
Mon Jun 18, 7:57 PM ET

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I have been invited to the wedding of some casual friends, "Ron" and "Barbie." We sent in our RSVP accepting the invitation, but already we're dreading the day. You see, a few weeks after we mailed it, we had dinner with them.

During the dinner, Ron and Barbie blatantly informed us that they had registered for expensive shower items (I had attended the shower) so they could return the gifts for cash. During the conversation, I mentioned I'd had my eye on a pricey vacuum cleaner I had seen advertised on TV. Barbie turned to her fiance and said, "Honey, we should have registered for that so we could return it for the cash!"

I was floored. So was my husband, though neither of us said a word until we were well on our way home and away from the "happy couple."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucda/20070618/lf_ucda/greedycouplecashesinaftertheirweddingshower

I'd go. But their gift would be a card that said "Congratulations". I would of course include the receipt for the card so they could return it. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd go. But their gift would be a card that said "Congratulations". I would of course include the receipt for the card so they could return it. :laugh2:

:laugh2: Even better!

Gaffer
06-20-2007, 05:46 PM

If you did that they might actually get the message.