PDA

View Full Version : Busy weekend

Jeff
07-12-2014, 05:51 AM
A friend of mine had open heart surgery Thursday, yesterday they had her walk from ICU to her regular room, they are saying she may go home as soon as today but no latter than tomorrow. Well the wife and I have been running to and from the hospital since Thursday ( my friend is the wife of the State Rep for our Motorcycle Ministry ) so as VP I have been taking folks back and fourth.

Saturday consist of a Benefit run with another club ( they are close to us and support all we do so we must support them ) Registration for the run starts at 9 this morning KSU at 10, the ride will last a couple of hours and then they will have live music and different entertainment as well as food and all the normal stuff, the problem is another club is also having a benefit run today, registration at 11 KSU at noon and they also will ride for a couple of hours ( now we have no affiliation with them but it would be nice to support them ) and they are having it just down the road from where the hospital is that my friend is staying in, and yes I need to make a appearance there today as well. ( along with taking a couple other members that haven't been there yet and don't know where to go )

Then Sunday morning they are having Biker Sunday up in Helen GA ( love to ride through the mountains up there ) and will have a great band playing ( the lead singer is in my chapter of the HSMM ) but there are also 2 other biker Sunday's ( a regular church holds service where all Bikers no matter who you are patched in with are welcome ) going on in the area.

It is going to be a long weekend to say the least.

This was on my way back the house after just under 300 miles yesterday ( and the weekend has only begun ) I stopped to fuel up to be ready for today !

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6210&stc=1

SassyLady
07-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Nice bike, Jeff.

Jeff
07-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Nice bike, Jeff.

Thank you

Jeff
07-12-2014, 07:00 AM
fj not sure if your bike is up and running now but if ya are the Biker Sunday in Helen would be nice, it is right next to Chattahoochee Biker Gear at Roadhouse 75 ( a new restaurant in the same strip mall as Chattahoochee ) they usually have it once a month and the last one I went to was real nice, many different types of bikes there, ya have the locals and then the tourist as well , and it is a great place to take a ride afterwards :thumb:

Abbey Marie
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Nice bike, Jeff.

And nice phrase on the bag. :thumb:

fj1200
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
fj not sure if your bike is up and running now...

Actually I just got it back... the second time... after them taking care of a vacuum hose issue after first fixing the clutch slave thingy. Anyway my parents are in town so no rides for me but I'm hoping to get out for a long ride soon and even at least an overnight camp trip in August probably. Plans, plans, plans...

Jeff
07-12-2014, 05:44 PM
And nice phrase on the bag. :thumb:

That is actually my vest Abbey, I ride with the Heaven Saints Motorcycle Ministry and those are the colors we fly.

Actually I just got it back... the second time... after them taking care of a vacuum hose issue after first fixing the clutch slave thingy. Anyway my parents are in town so no rides for me but I'm hoping to get out for a long ride soon and even at least an overnight camp trip in August probably. Plans, plans, plans...

I am glad you got it back fj and wish you the best of luck with it. This restaurant in Helen is new and they are christian folks who own it, so being they are open 7 days a week they can't get to church and have a big fenced in porch area out front so they said they will have Biker Sunday at least once a month ( this is the second in July ) So there will be another if you would like I will let you know when.

aboutime
07-12-2014, 05:48 PM
That's a Beauty Jeff. Really. Keep the Shiny Side Up. You are ROLLING THUNDER material too!:clap:

Jeff
07-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Only made it to the first run, stopped and got a bite and when I went to stand up my back wouldn't work, so home we came, no complaints though I was able to ride yesterday.

AT the bike was filthy in the picture, my wife just got done washing it, it looks like a different bike !! :cool:

aboutime
07-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Only made it to the first run, stopped and got a bite and when I went to stand up my back wouldn't work, so home we came, no complaints though I was able to ride yesterday.

AT the bike was filthy in the picture, my wife just got done washing it, it looks like a different bike !! :cool:

Doesn't matter Jeff. Your Chrome Pony looks good..clean, or not. Wish I was still able to ride. Hate gettin too old, and weak.:laugh:

Jeff
07-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Doesn't matter Jeff. Your Chrome Pony looks good..clean, or not. Wish I was still able to ride. Hate gettin too old, and weak.:laugh:

AT I just got this bike this year and I have to say age is getting to me as well as my health , I am just now starting to get comfortable on it. After 5000 nail biting miles I am starting to feel like I can ride it, see it is Heavy ( 863 lbs dry weight ) I have rode heavy bikes before but this one I just didn't feel right on until I changed out the windshield this past week ( I doubt the windshield had anything to do with it ) I took it out for a good ride ( by myself ) and finally found comfort, see I take pain meds that play with your head and my health is getting worse each day, so I believe it is mostly in my head but my strength is also not there like it use to be. Honestly I said when I bought this bike it would be the last one ( at that point I felt like run it until it dies then rebuild ) but any more I realize I am not going to be able to keep going, might be time to start looking into a trike, until then I thank God for each ride I can take and enjoy every mile.

fj1200
07-13-2014, 12:33 PM
... So there will be another if you would like I will let you know when.

Thanks, keep me in the loop.

aboutime
07-13-2014, 02:37 PM
AT I just got this bike this year and I have to say age is getting to me as well as my health , I am just now starting to get comfortable on it. After 5000 nail biting miles I am starting to feel like I can ride it, see it is Heavy ( 863 lbs dry weight ) I have rode heavy bikes before but this one I just didn't feel right on until I changed out the windshield this past week ( I doubt the windshield had anything to do with it ) I took it out for a good ride ( by myself ) and finally found comfort, see I take pain meds that play with your head and my health is getting worse each day, so I believe it is mostly in my head but my strength is also not there like it use to be. Honestly I said when I bought this bike it would be the last one ( at that point I felt like run it until it dies then rebuild ) but any more I realize I am not going to be able to keep going, might be time to start looking into a trike, until then I thank God for each ride I can take and enjoy every mile.

Jeff. How I envy you for being able to enjoy that. My last ride was back in 1980 with a friend who had a GOLDWING. We rode up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to Alemeda and L.A. to visit his folks.
Nothing can describe being able to handle such a great machine (when you are younger, stronger, and less afraid of laying it over):laugh:
Enjoy it. Keep looking at it and remember "IT'S YOURS!" What more do ya need??