PDA

View Full Version : Pink Slips Sent to US Troops in a War Zone

Joyful HoneyBee
07-13-2014, 08:39 AM
While we've already heard there would be a reduction in the size of our military forces, I certainly didn't imagine the DOD would handle it this way.

http://patriotupdate.com/2014/07/sending-pink-slips-war-zone/

This was featured on FoxNews the other day, also.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/07/11/dod-sends-pink-slip-letters-soldiers-fighting-afghanistan

It shouldn't be surprising, though, that this administration would handle it this way. I really can't recall any administrations that have been decent to our military in my lifetime anyway.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2014, 12:04 PM
While we've already heard there would be a reduction in the size of our military forces, I certainly didn't imagine the DOD would handle it this way.

http://patriotupdate.com/2014/07/sending-pink-slips-war-zone/

This was featured on FoxNews the other day, also.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/07/11/dod-sends-pink-slip-letters-soldiers-fighting-afghanistan

It shouldn't be surprising, though, that this administration would handle it this way. I really can't recall any administrations that have been decent to our military in my lifetime anyway.

This admin is like no other before it. Obama always seeks ways to weaken our military.. Always! -Tyr

Kathianne
07-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Krauthammer speaks up:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/12/krauthammer-blasts-no-president-obama-over-military-pink-slips-why-in-gods-name-are-we-doing-this-131234

Krauthammer blasts ‘no-president’ Obama over military pink slips: ‘Why in God’s name are we doing this?’The Pentagon’s announcement on Friday that it is sending out pink slips to soldiers in harm’s way in order to downsize the U.S. Army, brought a scathing response from Fox News Analyst Charles Krauthammer.
Speaking on “Special Report,” the highly respected columnist said that notifying men in combat that they were losing their jobs and vocations was horrible enough, but the larger national issue loomed even worse.
“Why in God’s name are we doing this?” he asked. “This is the most highly-trained force in the world for counterinsurgency, it’s unique in the world, the price has been high – the blood has been paid, but one of the benefits of this is that we have a tremendous fighting force, and we are now reducing it for no reason whatsoever.”
He called the hackneyed response “sequester” “not an act of God, an act of man,” and that reducing the budget on the back of the military after it’s already been decimated “a terrible mistake.”
“We have an al Qaida state just established in the Middle East” he continued, “and we are now dismantling our army and firing the best, the most well-trained, experienced of our soldiers, as a way to save a few billion dollars here and there, when we are squandering it in half billion tranches on other stuff in the budget?”

Krauthammer lamented that a mobile, anti-guerilla force, exactly what the country would need for the next 20 to 30 years, was now being dismissed.

aboutime
07-13-2014, 01:46 PM
because obama is a liar from the muslim brotherhood.

Jeff
07-13-2014, 05:05 PM
This admin is like no other before it. Obama always seeks ways to weaken our military.. Always! -Tyr

No other before wished to destroy the country from the inside out, whether it be for his racist reasons or the fact that he is a closet Muslim he came into office looking to do just that, and the worst part is many are to stupid to see it and go right along with him. How stupid one must be to not see, just for starters Obama wants to send all kinds of money, weapons and support to terrorist, he wants to allow our borders to be crossed easier than the GW bridge but he does nothing about the piss poor treatment our Veterans get, this one example alone should be all anyone needs to despise ( at the very least ) this president.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Krauthammer speaks up:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/07/12/krauthammer-blasts-no-president-obama-over-military-pink-slips-why-in-gods-name-are-we-doing-this-131234

"Krauthammer lamented that a mobile, anti-guerilla force, exactly what the country would need for the next 20 to 30 years, was now being dismissed. "

^^^ Which is exactly why it is being dismissed!!!!!
If I recall correctly my first words posted here on Obama pointed to this being a prime goal of his!

Great find Kat!!!!! --Tyr

SassyLady
07-15-2014, 01:21 AM
First he sets up our military personnel for increased incidents of kidnapping and ransom with the Bergdahl trade.

Now, he's cutting 80,000 military personnel.

Dinesh D'Souza recounts a good reason in his movie America: Imagine a World Without Her this:

In the eyes of the left, America is intrinsically evil — a predatory colonial power that acquired its wealth by conquest. Avowed leftist Howard Zinn advanced these noxious themes in "A People's History of the United States," which has been a staple American history book in our universities and high schools.
According to the leftist "shame narrative," which is driven more by ideology than a commitment to historical accuracy, America conquered, exploited, enslaved and stole its way to wealth and power. Our forefathers committed genocide against the Native Americans while stealing their land; we gobbled up the southwestern part of the country from Mexico as warmongering imperialists; we built our businesses and industries on the backs of African-American slaves; and through our system of free market capitalism and foreign policy imperialism, we have stolen the lion's share of the world's wealth. Also, under our system, the "haves" in the United States continue to extort resources from the "have-nots," robbing the common man of his fair share.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/david-limbaugh/2014/07/08/column-america-imagine-world-without-her#ixzz37W0nlnEy

Obama is trying his damnedest to level the playing field according to his world view. America does not deserve what it has, therefore, he's doing everything he can to make sure we can't keep what we have.

I do not understand why he's not being impeached ... he certainly has done more than get a blow job or a Watergate.

Joyful HoneyBee
07-15-2014, 10:49 AM
While my son was deployed last year he was faced with the threat of missing out on at least a couple of paychecks while the decision about raising the debt ceiling was being 'debated'. His commanding officer called a meeting of his soldiers and explained that our government might be unable to pay them for a while. The impact on morale was immediate and profound, but being where they were these soldiers were forced to trudge on while worrying about how their families would fare here at home. That was horrible enough to endure for those in harms way; but, the current actions of this administration seem engineered to bust morale to its lowest level ever. While their commanding officers are being dismissed, the soldiers under their command are left with uncertainty over who will lead them and who will watch out for them.

It's interesting that all this comes on the heels of our government equipping law enforcement agencies within the U.S. with all sorts of 'surplus' military gear through Homeland Security, including drones, military-style vehicles, helicopters and grenade launchers. I reiterate my assertion that no previous administration in my lifetime has shown great concern for our troops, i.e. sending them into harms way with Humvees that won't protect them from ied's while thousands of shields sat on shelves in Indiana, placing them in the jungle where dubious chemical compounds were poured out on their heads, providing arms to contras, and so on. However, this administration doesn't even try to disguise its disdain for our soldiers, or for the American people. I'm in full agreement with SassyLady concerning impeachment, but fully understand we would have to impeach our congress and senate at the same time. These elected officials don't really stand at odds with each other as they pretend. They are all master thespians on a world stage, acting out roles of good cop-bad cop, which are fully interchangeable depending on whether an American citizen stands to the left or the right. We're all being played like well tuned fiddles and watching the debate threads only bears that out. I've said this before a long time ago, the pendulum swings back and forth, left to right, and with each motion more and more of our freedoms are being swept away. They want the sheeple to be at odds with each other; they foster and nurture that behavior among us. Those who are not corrupt before arriving in the nation's capital will become corrupt shortly after arrival there. My dad used to tell me "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Those in real power are the huge global corporations who tell people around the world how to dress, what to eat, where to bank and what drugs will enhance their quality of life.

The pink slips are merely one more cog in the machine they'll use to try to run us over. No matter how much the American people protest one action or another, they plunge onward with an agenda that robs us of our voices and our freedom. How prophetic was this song in 1971? Only time will tell.

http://youtu.be/NIHJ9RMAVGI

darin
07-15-2014, 11:33 AM
seems like Obama is doing this backwards - He might hope for a totalitarian government; think "Falling Skies" where Obama and his ilk are the aliens. Obama is releasing his best fighters against freedom - you'd think he'd try to keep the best under his control.

aboutime
07-15-2014, 01:04 PM
seems like Obama is doing this backwards - He might hope for a totalitarian government; think "Falling Skies" where Obama and his ilk are the aliens. Obama is releasing his best fighters against freedom - you'd think he'd try to keep the best under his control.

dmp. I see it all as part of Obama's hidden plans. He's not doing it backward. It seems to be. His intent is to PINK SLIP large numbers of our military, putting them on the Unemployment rolls. Then, he will use their BAD LUCK of intentional Unemployment to EXTORT, and BLACKMAIL them into joining Obama's Private Military force....(Like the New Black Panthers) where he can control them with PAYCHECKS, and FEDERAL Protections aside from the Constitution.

Obama, and Democrats use EXTORTION...."Promises, Bribes, Cash, Lies" to convince the angry to follow their lead to FIGHT against WE TERRIBLE RACIST, HOME GROWN TERRORIST citizens who disagree with Obama and Holder.

It's obvious to me. HUGO CHAVEZ, FIDEL CASTRO, and ARRAFAT used those tactics to sway, convince, and threaten their people....even till today...In Cuba.

Anyone who doubts what I said above. FAILS to remember History.

Joyful HoneyBee
07-15-2014, 01:43 PM
dmp. I see it all as part of Obama's hidden plans. He's not doing it backward. It seems to be. His intent is to PINK SLIP large numbers of our military, putting them on the Unemployment rolls. Then, he will use their BAD LUCK of intentional Unemployment to EXTORT, and BLACKMAIL them into joining Obama's Private Military force....(Like the New Black Panthers) where he can control them with PAYCHECKS, and FEDERAL Protections aside from the Constitution.

Obama, and Democrats use EXTORTION...."Promises, Bribes, Cash, Lies" to convince the angry to follow their lead to FIGHT against WE TERRIBLE RACIST, HOME GROWN TERRORIST citizens who disagree with Obama and Holder.

It's obvious to me. HUGO CHAVEZ, FIDEL CASTRO, and ARRAFAT used those tactics to sway, convince, and threaten their people....even till today...In Cuba.

Anyone who doubts what I said above. FAILS to remember History.

There has been a great deal of militarization in society, so much so that people are, in large part, becoming desensitized to it. So, while we cut back on the DOD armed forces that are supposed to keep our nation safe, we're ramping up on internal militarization of homeland governmental agencies. We've been bombarded with militarization of HS, FEMA, TSA and countless other agencies, to the point that many people simply shrug their shoulders, swallow their Prozac, and go back to watching their favorite "reality" show on TV. It's a way to gradually condition the dozing masses to acceptance of this way of life. It will likely continue in this manner until the forces are too overwhelming for society to do anything but succumb.

Yes, it has happened historically around the world and it's something Americans vowed couldn't happen here. One thing that truly worries me is how many soldiers are currently coming home on medications that are prescribed for PTSD and whether this medication onslaught will be leveled against those who've risen in rank to become commanders to 'treat' the psychological impact of the pink slip. There's a great deal of interest in society pertaining to zombies, but little acknowledgment of the fact that the pharmaceutical industry is turning much of our society, especially our children, our elders, and our soldiers into zombies via "medical treatment". I do believe there is a huge risk of the BAD LUCK being taken many steps further by placing returning troops into 'therapy' aimed at guiding them into exactly the scenario you've described, aboutime. These pharmaceutical tools are some that HUGO CHAVEZ, FIDEL CASTRO, and ARRAFAT didn't have at their disposal, but our government currently does. That's how they keep so many pacified while the VA Hospitals purge their requests for the real medical treatment they genuinely need.

Hanging Judge
08-08-2014, 11:33 PM
If there is one soldier left in the service of the US who is a liberal with the way their are ignored and treated then the guy is a traitor to the US, watch your back.

aboutime
08-09-2014, 03:48 PM
If there is one soldier left in the service of the US who is a liberal with the way their are ignored and treated then the guy is a traitor to the US, watch your back.

You shouldn't be surprised to learn, as you speak of that ONE SOLDIER left in the service who is a liberal. That there are now MANY MORE of them who are willing to ADMIT they are liberals. Namely..those who no longer have to worry about Obama's Eradication of D.A.D.T.

You can bet. A large number of the Gay, and Lesbian community..now openly in uniform, are TOTALLY BEHIND OBAMA, and the phony Democrats who are happily destroying our Military, and the Nation.

"That's not a joke, and not a Fabrication. I get to speak with active duty members of the military quite often. At the hospital, and as neighbors who live close by. Large numbers of them are being FIRED...what they call "Railroaded", and even "DISCRIMINATED" because they openly oppose being forced to pretend ALL IS WELL in HELL."
In fact. Many of them can't wait to leave active duty. And OBAMA is happy to make them go. Placing most of them on Unemployment.
And...GUESS WHO PAYS FOR THAT?

WE DO!
(a quote from aboutime)

gabosaurus
08-09-2014, 05:52 PM
All workplaces are occasionally subjected to cutbacks. Are there any jobs that offer guaranteed employment?

aboutime
08-09-2014, 06:06 PM
All workplaces are occasionally subjected to cutbacks. Are there any jobs that offer guaranteed employment?

Only your profession as Permanent Idiot, for which...you have no competition.

CSM
08-11-2014, 06:46 AM

Teacher .... it's called tenure

Jeff
08-11-2014, 06:56 AM

Seriously??? Gabs the one thing the recruiters talked about was never having to worry about your job, surely no President would lay off the folks that protect this country, and by the way that was told to me back when I graduated and the world wasn't falling apart at that time. There is no way we should be sending even one of our hero's home at this time, with all that is going on in the middle east. N. Korea or how about Russia, Most companies lay off when they are ahead of the work not when they get over whelmed, so please go back and come back with another ridicules reason to justify this.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 08:38 AM
These pink slips are the result of a congressional mandate, not from a directive from Obama.

The Army already is on a path to shrink from 513,000 active-duty soldiers to 490,000 by 2015, and 450,000 by 2017. But unless Congress repeals the spending limits set by law through 2021, the Army would have to downsize further, to 420,000, by 2019.

and

“It’s in our DNA to try to figure out how to do something even with less forces,” he said. But with no sign that Congress will spare the military from the budget law, the Army has to prepare for steep cuts. The total force analysis that is now under way is for the 2017 to 2021 budget period.

and

Campbell and other military leaders, have signaled growing frustration with Congress, not only for enacting draconian spending cuts, but also for rejecting money-saving proposals that the services have put forth. The Army, for instance, is seeking to cut $12 billion in aviation-related costs by shifting the National Guard’s fleet of 192 Apache attack helicopters to the active force in return for 111 Black Hawk utility helicopters. The Apaches would take on the scout missions currently performed by the Kiowa Warrior aircraft, which would be retired. The Army would cut the number of active-duty combat aviation brigades from 13 to 10.

more at link:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/lists/posts/post.aspx?ID=1573

It seems for some, their ire is misdirected.

aboutime
08-11-2014, 03:01 PM
These pink slips are the result of a congressional mandate, not from a directive from Obama.

and

and

more at link:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/lists/posts/post.aspx?ID=1573

It seems for some, their ire is misdirected.

LEMONGRASS. My, how easily you intentionally try to sound like Obama, making excuses by blaming Congress when...IF YOU WERE OBAMA, you could have used that VETO PEN...to prevent the destruction of the Military...OBAMA took an Oath to use to DEFEND the American people.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 03:14 PM
LEMONGRASS. My, how easily you intentionally try to sound like Obama, making excuses by blaming Congress when...IF YOU WERE OBAMA, you could have used that VETO PEN...to prevent the destruction of the Military...OBAMA took an Oath to use to DEFEND the American people.
So, if Obama uses his veto pen to thwart a Republican Congress, you're okay with that? Yeah, right. Obama could walk on water and you'd be bitching that he can't swim.