PDA

View Full Version : How many Middle East conflict threads is DP going to have?

gabosaurus
07-23-2014, 07:20 PM
What is place needs is an administrator or two. :rolleyes:
I am leaving for Italy on Sunday. I want this place cleaned up before I get back. :slap:

NightTrain
07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
As many as we need.

Don't let the door hit you.

aboutime
07-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I am leaving for Italy on Sunday. I want this place cleaned up before I get back. :slap:

When you leave. This place will be CLEAN. Stay there. Let Italy see what they don't need.

tailfins
07-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Your premise is correct. It's more powerful to be for something than against something. However if you want the placed cleaned up, you'll have to start by washing your stinky snatch.

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 05:56 AM

As many as there are continued conflicts and barbaric acts taking place over there, which seems to be daily.

SassyLady
07-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Ok, Jim, now that you and Jeff are up I'll turn out the light and get some shut eye. Have a good day!

Jeff
07-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Ok, Jim, now that you and Jeff are up I'll turn out the light and get some shut eye. Have a good day!

G,night SL

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 06:22 AM
I moved this, but then back. I'll give it a more serious reply since we see these dumb threads from time to time.

We saw this with Zimmerman, and the elections, and Muslim activity, with Obamacare and other subjects. Sometimes something happens that grabs the attention of the country or the world. It becomes news for days or weeks. The story isn't always just one story, but a never ending story of tons of subjects all into one. Some here, and other boards, call to have one thread for a subject to keep things clean. I think one forum should be sufficient and will move these threads to the Israel/Palestine forum.

But one thread won't work. Imagine you now have a thread that is 37 pages long. Something happens today and you want to add that story to the thread, and you do. When you return later, your entry is somewhere in the midst and you have to search for it, and the replies. And others may add additional stories in the meantime. Others may not even open a thread that is too convoluted.

The new thread will work it's way down and disappear if no interest. If others are interested, they will reply, and I hardly see where that's an issue.

Honestly though, I don't think people really ever have issues with too many threads open on a subject - but rather threads they have no interest in. For that I'm sorry, I have no control over world news. Might I suggest those folks find stories of interest and create threads you prefer?

---

Additional point of interest - even if there are threads in every forum, and I move all of them to one forum - the 10 most recent posts will show the same. In other words, if the most recent posts are about the conflict, the most recent 10 will stay the same no matter where you place them.

jafar00
07-24-2014, 04:09 PM
As many as there are continued conflicts and barbaric acts taking place over there, which seems to be daily.

There are plenty of barbaric acts going on in the world by non Muslims, yet you one sidedly, completely ignore them.

aboutime
07-24-2014, 04:11 PM
There are plenty of barbaric acts going on in the world by non Muslims, yet you one sidedly, completely ignore them.

We are trying to SINGLE-OUT your support of such barbarity you so earnestly attempt to DENY.

gabosaurus
07-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I moved this, but then back. I'll give it a more serious reply since we see these dumb threads from time to time.

I doubt this thread needs an extensive, serious reply. My point was, with all the serious issues in the world today, why does one event need to be rehashed extensively? If you have 10-15 Middle East conflict threads going on at once, it dilutes the value of the conversation. Since all the threads eventually devolve into bashing those who disagree with the primary point.
It would help the quality of conversation if posters would attempt to refute opposing points of view instead of merely attacking the poster.

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Where have YOU posted about them, Jafar? Apparently YOU ignore them too, dumbass. Do you think it's MY responsibility? I post about what sickens me. I don't know why are what others post. You're too busy making excuse after excuse for the animals within Islam committing these disgusting acts, day after day - to include terrorists.

gabosaurus
07-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Where have YOU posted about them, Jafar? Apparently YOU ignore them too, dumbass. Do you think it's MY responsibility? I post about what sickens me. I don't know why are what others post. You're too busy making excuse after excuse for the animals within Islam committing these disgusting acts, day after day - to include terrorists.

Shouldn't you be attacking the event and not the person who posted about it? Taking the advice of you and others, I have decided to swear off attacking members for their opinions.

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I doubt this thread needs an extensive, serious reply. My point was, with all the serious issues in the world today, why does one event need to be rehashed extensively? If you have 10-15 Middle East conflict threads going on at once, it dilutes the value of the conversation. Since all the threads eventually devolve into bashing those who disagree with the primary point.
It would help the quality of conversation if posters would attempt to refute opposing points of view instead of merely attacking the poster.

And what other topics have YOU posted about? You want something different, but do NOTHING. Do you want to complain, and have others do the change for you? Everyone is going to post what interests them. I think you come here as a "replier" and pretty much only reply to open threads, generally to reply to others. Jafar is also a replier, and 95% of the time it's only replying to threads dealing with Islam.

Don't complain about the topics when all you 2 are doing is adding to what you complain about. Simple logic.

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Shouldn't you be attacking the event and not the person who posted about it? Taking the advice of you and others, I have decided to swear off attacking members for their opinions.

If you stick with that, kudos to you. But I was called "one sided" and accused of ignoring things, by not posting about them - by someone who also hasn't posted about such things - but HAS posted in support of a known terrorist organization. That's not attacking, that's facts.

gabosaurus
07-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Topics that I post are generally ignored. So I usually stick to replying to threads of interest.

jimnyc
07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Topics that I post are generally ignored. So I usually stick to replying to threads of interest.

Oh please, even your CRAP gets replies in the threads. And it would be no different if threads were made. So long as the topic is of interest, people will reply. If the topic is shit, maybe less so. But the chance of people replying to a thread never started is rather low.

tailfins
07-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Gabs serves a purpose here. All you need to do is green light it. Just declare it open season for any guy on the board that want to arouse himself at her expense.

aboutime
07-25-2014, 01:57 PM

WRONG you are gabby. I make it a point to NEVER ignore many of your foolish, hateful posts.

fj1200
07-29-2014, 01:58 PM
How many Middle East conflict threads is DP going to have?
As long as posters are infatuated with discussing news and not err, debating policy, :thinking5: then the skies the limit.

red state
07-29-2014, 02:31 PM

AMEN!!!! I would like to see jaFART, gabs-a-lot and two or three others take a long cruz with the ship's frig on the blink and the plumbing backed up. That is exactly what they are doing to this forum and we don't need their stupidity mucking up the processes of a good site when there are reasonable folks who actually THINK for a change and post something that is actually worth a response. Good riddance to them all and stupid threads like this one.....don't need them.

Kathianne
07-29-2014, 02:38 PM
and her lame attempts to equate Catholic pedophile priests with Hamas. Truly beyond the pale.