PDA

View Full Version : Dallas County commissioner John Wiley Price

hjmick
07-25-2014, 08:41 PM
I love this guy...

I first came across him six years ago when this story came across my screen:

Dallas County officials spar over ‘black hole’ comment (http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html/)

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections “has become a black hole” because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud “Excuse me!” He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a “white hole.”

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1zGRUPztc

It's a wonderful example of someone looking to be offended, political correctness run rampant (the judge demanding an apology), and stupidity in general. I have been known to, on some boards, post it in threads to make a point about the three previously mentioned conditions. And I think it is funny as hell, even six years on...

I bring it up now to give anyone who has never heard of Commissioner Price an introduction, for he is once again in the news...

Dallas County official charged with taking bribes (http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/dallas-county-official-charged-with-taking-bribes)

DALLAS (AP) — A longtime Dallas County commissioner has been charged with accepting nearly $1 million in bribes in exchange for providing insider information and voting in favor of projects proposed by various companies, federal authorities announced Friday.

John Wiley Price, his chief of staff and two political consultants were in custody after being charged in a 13-count indictment...

Funny thing is, I am not the least bit surprised...

red state
07-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Are these the same liberal minded folks who feared that island would tip over? hA!!! What a bunch of morons the left is!!!!

I hope that guy told both of them to do something very awkward............and uncomfortable. I would have. The black guy would apologize after he explained the word WHITE HOLE in the dictionary compared to a black hole. Unlike a black hole (GREAT VOID that sucks/draws objects to its POSSIBLE demise), a white hole is a theoretical stage of a black hole. Of course, this is all hypothetical but it is certainly nothing to apologize for and it seems that the judge's intellect has the properties of a WHITE HOLE and not the initial properties of a black hole.

It is truly elementary............

aboutime
07-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Seems as if ALMOST the entire English language is now subject to Bastardization through what one person can declare as OFFENSIVE, INSULTING, RACIST, and just, down right UN-OBAMA-LIKE.

Before long. It may be illegal to make any statement, use any words, combine any series of words, write, think, or imagine the use of words that MIGHT SOMEHOW be offensive, insulting, or racist due to the way the words are spoken, written, or IMAGINED.

Political Correctness is the reason, and basis for NON-COMMUNICATION between one, or more people. Causing an entire generation of Americans to LIVE IN FEAR of actually speaking, looking, or making any facially suggestive appearances that might be construed as INSULTING, OFFENSIVE, ILLEGAL, or RACIST.

So...the bottom line is. "EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!"

(a quote by aboutime)