PDA

View Full Version : Arizona's McCain: Execution Was Torture

jimnyc
07-26-2014, 10:09 AM
I disagree that it was torture. That usually means they are looking for a confession, or that the design was mean to inflict the most amount of pain. This design was actually the opposite, even if it didn't work accordingly. I know it's really stretching words here, but I believe intent is key.

Anyway, someone should have just pulled out a gun and shot him in the forehead.

---

Sen. John McCain says the execution of an Arizona inmate that lasted two hours was torture.

The Republican who represents the conservative state told Politico that he supports capital punishment for certain crimes but felt Wednesday's execution of Joseph Rudolph Wood was a "bollocks-upped situation."

The execution has renewed debate about the death penalty. But Arizona lawmakers say the debate is not likely to have an impact on practices in the state.

It took Wood nearly two hours to die after he received a lethal injection with a combination of the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone. He spent more than 90 minutes gasping for air every five to 12 seconds before he finally stopped breathing.

Arizona has suspended executions while an investigation is conducted.

The ordeal followed lethal injections that went awry this year in Ohio and Oklahoma, renewing the U.S. debate over capital punishment.

Corrections officials said Wood was never in pain but Rob Freer, a U.S. researcher with human-rights group Amnesty International, asked, "How many more times do officials need to be reminded of the myth of the 'humane execution' before they give up on their experiment with judicial killing?"

States that impose the death penalty have been scrambling to find new suppliers of chemical combinations to use in lethal injections after their former suppliers, primarily European drug makers, objected to having their products used to put people to death.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/US-Arizona-Execution-Drugs/2014/07/25/id/585028/

NightTrain
07-26-2014, 10:48 AM
He killed two people in cold blood. Walked right up to both with a .38 and executed them.

I have no sympathy.

gabosaurus
07-26-2014, 11:03 AM
He killed two people in cold blood. Walked right up to both with a .38 and executed them.

I have no sympathy.

One of the relatives detailed watching the execution and enjoyed every minute. Said accounts of the murderer's botched execution were greatly embellished and exaggerated.