PDA

View Full Version : Putin Isolated as EU Prepares Toughest Sanctions Yet on Russia

jimnyc
07-26-2014, 10:10 AM
KIEV, Ukraine — European leaders are considering their toughest sanctions yet on Russian President Vladimir Putin as the U.S. says there’s evidence that Russia plans to supply rebels with heavy weapons including multiple rocket launchers.

With Ukraine and Russia trading accusations of shelling across each other’s borders, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is pushing European Union leaders to sign off on new sanctions next week. Merkel wants “to intensify the sanctions” and wants “quick decisions on this,” Georg Streiter, a German government spokesman, said yesterday. The Italian government, which chairs the EU Council, expects a deal on sanctions by next week, an EU official said.

“The shooting down of the airliner was a tipping point that’s changed the EU constellation,” Joerg Forbrig, senior program officer for central and eastern Europe at the Berlin bureau of the German Marshall Fund of the U.S., said in a phone interview. “Putin has crossed a line and misread the mood in European capitals to close ranks on new sanctions.”

On Saturday, Russia said that the United States bore some responsibility for the conflict in Ukraine though its backing for the Kiev government.
"The United States continues to push Kiev into the forceful repression of (Ukraine's) Russian-speaking population's discontent. There is one conclusion — the Obama administration has some responsibility both for the internal conflict in Ukraine and its severe consequences," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

http://www.newsmaxworld.com/GlobalTalk/ukraine-russia-putin-crash/2014/07/26/id/585045/

NightTrain
07-26-2014, 10:52 AM
On Saturday, Russia said that the United States bore some responsibility for the conflict in Ukraine through its backing for the Kiev government.

"The United States continues to push Kiev into the forceful repression of (Ukraine's) Russian-speaking population's discontent. There is one conclusion — the Obama administration has some responsibility both for the internal conflict in Ukraine and its severe consequences," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Well, that's something the "Blame America" crowd can get behind with gusto!

Smart maneuver on Putin's part.

Gaffer
07-26-2014, 12:17 PM
It's Bush's fault, he thought putin actually had a soul.

The hate America crowd has someone to rally behind now.

red state
07-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Gaffer, it is hard for me to (with a straight face) say it is Bush's fault because of the idiotic left blaming EVERYTHING on jr but it truly Bush's fault on many problems we're having today......I didn't care for Bush Senior or Junior but I supported them both (except for the time I voted for Mr. IBM) anyway; I lost tremendous respect for Bush on many of the Obama-like stuff he did to weigh against our rights and one of the things that he can take responsibility for was when he strong armed Israel into re-locating their citizens and giving more land to the arabs/nomads. You can't give these people anything......except a HARD way to go.

aboutime
07-26-2014, 03:41 PM
From what most of us have seen over the years when anybody is looking for someone to blame. The ONE, ideal word we all tend to ignore, and rarely consider is "AMERICANS".

Namely. Uneducated Americans who...in nearly every recent election cycle since the end of World War II, have consistently, and predictably ALWAYS voted for familiar, politically one-sided names of politicians whom...THOSE VOTING AMERICANS know little about, other than their names.

And we wonder why our nation is slowly being permitted to SLIDE DOWNWARD toward 3rd World status?

LACK of education, and gullible, uninformed, easily-led, unqualified voters who would vote for a HAM SANDWICH if it promised them something for nothing. Namely AMERICANS...are to BLAME.

Pure and simple.
And everyone says I am the reason membership is low, or I am chasing people away?

YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH. AND THE FACTS ARE INDISPUTABLE.
If that upsets, offends, or insults some enough NOT to come here.
DON'T BLAME ME. Blame yourselves.

(a quote from aboutime)

namvet
08-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Russian official burns Obama with Putin-leopard pic

http://i59.tinypic.com/nl54wn.jpg

burned !!!!