PDA

View Full Version : Fed judge rules DC's ban on carrying gun outside home, is unconstitutional

Little-Acorn
07-26-2014, 06:41 PM
And another domino falls in the long chain leading to full obedience of the 2nd amendment, and the freedom of law-abiding people to own and carry a gun.

--------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/26/emily-miller-federal-judge-rules-dc-ban-on-gun-carry-rights-unconstitutional/

Federal judge rules DC ban on gun carry rights unconstitutional

By Emily Miller
Published July 26, 2014

A federal judge in the District of Columbia on Saturday overturned the city’s total ban on residents being allowing to carry firearms outside their home, declaring the law “unconstitutional” in a landmark decision for gun-rights activists.

Judge Frederick Scullin Jr. wrote in his ruling in Palmer v. District of Columbia that the right to bear arms extends outside the home, therefore gun-control laws in the nation’s capital are “unconstitutional.”

Click here to read the decision.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2014/07/26/palmer-v-district-columbia-decision/

Little-Acorn
07-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Wow.

Four "thanks" for this post... and no replies.

:dunno:

NightTrain
07-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Awesome news!

It's about time that the courts got around to following the constitution in DC.

Now after a mugger gets blown away by the intended victim, the crime rate will plummet. My guess is it will begin to drop right away as word gets around to the criminal element that John Q. Public is quite possibly armed.

Jeff
07-27-2014, 06:09 AM
Awesome news!

It's about time that the courts got around to following the constitution in DC.

Now after a mugger gets blown away by the intended victim, the crime rate will plummet. My guess is it will begin to drop right away as word gets around to the criminal element that John Q. Public is quite possibly armed.

You would think, but the powers in charge will make sure those stats never get out.

Jeff
07-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Wow.

LA this is great news but as I stated in the post above there are two many big wigs in DC that want to see the gun rights fail, that is exactly why this idiotic rule was ever on the books in the first place, so many are waiting to see, but for now :clap::clap::clap:

aboutime
07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Wow.

L.A. Happy to hear, and read this is taking place. Otherwise. As many of us have noticed here. My posts mean nothing to many. If any member gets a THANKS from me. YOU DESERVE IT.