PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Raid Home to Seize Land Rover

hjmick
07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Allow me to preface this post with a disclaimer... I am no fan of the source. I thought for thirty minutes about whether or not to start this thread just because I don't like Alex Jones. I think he might be nuts. However, after some searching with the Googles, I find the story has some merit, and the story at, gulp, InfoWars seems to have the most information.

That being said, here we go...

Homeland Security Agents Raid Home to Seize Land Rover For Violation of EPA Regulations

Protecting America from the deadly threat posed by vehicles which flout emission standards

by Paul Joseph Watson

In another example of how the Department of Homeland Security has expanded far outside the purview of its original function, six vehicles full of DHS agents were required to seize a Land Rover from a couple in Statesville, N.C. due to the fact that the vehicle allegedly violates EPA emission standards.

As part of its mission to “protect the Homeland,” the DHS has been busy seizing imported vehicles that don’t comply with safety and CO2 regulations.

Jennifer and Bill Brinkley were satisfied that their $60,000 dollar purchase of a Land Rover Defender on eBay complied with regulations because it fell into the exemption category of a vehicle 25 years or older.

However, when DHS agents turned up at the property, they compared the car’s Vehicle Identification Number to a list and immediately seized the Land Rover. The couple were not given “a chance to debate the issue...”

As the Rutherford Institute’s John Whitehead explained in a widely circulated article last month, the DHS is becoming America’s domestic standing army.

“The menace of a national police force, aka a standing army, vested with so much power cannot be overstated, nor can its danger be ignored,” wrote Whitehead, before listing numerous examples of how the DHS is instrumental in pushing America’s decline into a militarized police state...

Homeland Security Agents Raid Home to Seize Land Rover For Violation of EPA Regulations (http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-agents-raid-home-to-seize-land-rover-for-violation-of-epa-regulations/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8yg-4IoRPo

This story should disturb each and every U.S. citizen, Democrat or Republican. The government is not your friend. DHS, TSA, The Patriot Act? Bullshit each and every one. That people continue to support either of the two major parties boggles the mind...

NightTrain
07-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Allow me to preface this post with a disclaimer... I am no fan of the source. I thought for thirty minutes about whether or not to start this thread just because I don't like Alex Jones. I think he might be nuts. However, after some searching with the Googles, I find the story has some merit, and the story at, gulp, InfoWars seems to have the most information.

I agree about Alex Jones... he's a tinfoil wearing nutjob. However, he & his cohorts occasionally do turn up some legit stuff - I guess there is an upside to being eternally paranoid and seeing conspiracies everywhere. I wouldn't want to live it, though.

This story should disturb each and every U.S. citizen, Democrat or Republican. The government is not your friend. DHS, TSA, The Patriot Act? Bullshit each and every one. That people continue to support either of the two major parties boggles the mind...

All the Fed agencies are behaving this way, notably the EPA and BLM. It is very disturbing and it needs to be reigned in fast, but Obama seems to be mandating the overreach with his orders, along with a few crooked politicians A La Dirty Harry Reid.

Republicans have their own scandals and bag of tricks, but they're a hell of a lot closer to my line of thinking and ethics than the Democrats by a long shot.

Voting 3rd party splits the vote and all you've done by going that route is allowing the major ticket candidate to win. That's how we ended up with Clinton - Ross Perot siphoned off the conservative vote and Clinton squeaked in.

aboutime
07-29-2014, 09:22 PM
We could rightly call these kinds of actions by Govt. agencies..."PREVIEWS OF THINGS TO COME."

As long as the growing govt has no restraints by the sitting administration, and the majority in the Senate.

WE THE PEOPLE now have no recourse. Other than hoping to get rid of the entire Political machine in the next TWO Election cycles.

Anything Less, and Hamas, Iran, and Putin get everything handed to them by the WUSS OBAMA.

red state
07-29-2014, 11:47 PM
I agree about Alex Jones... he's a tinfoil wearing nutjob. However, he & his cohorts occasionally do turn up some legit stuff - I guess there is an upside to being eternally paranoid and seeing conspiracies everywhere. I wouldn't want to live it, though.

All the Fed agencies are behaving this way, notably the EPA and BLM. It is very disturbing and it needs to be reigned in fast, but Obama seems to be mandating the overreach with his orders, along with a few crooked politicians A La Dirty Harry Reid.

Republicans have their own scandals and bag of tricks, but they're a hell of a lot closer to my line of thinking and ethics than the Democrats by a long shot.

Voting 3rd party splits the vote and all you've done by going that route is allowing the major ticket candidate to win. That's how we ended up with Clinton - Ross Perot siphoned off the conservative vote and Clinton squeaked in.

Ya'll listen to this guy.....he knows his stuff. I know NT knows his stuff because I voted for Perot back when and I'll never do it again (although tempted in '12 due to Mittens Romney). I didn't care for Bush Sr enough to have him a second time around but, by gum, I would have preferred him to that SOB Clinton and his old hag. As for the EPA and crew......just wait, they will be coming to each of our homes if we don't get B.O. and those like that SOB currently in OUR White House in check.

Good post Night Train and great thread HJ Mick.....I'd rather discuss such things with THINKERS than the usual topics with TROLLS!

red state
07-29-2014, 11:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mm-wNdcfNpI

Be careful guys.....they are listening, reading and watching!!!!! YIKES! And the things we've said!!!!! HA!!!!

hjmick
07-30-2014, 05:43 AM

I understand what you're saying about the third party vote, I hear the same refrain often, but I can't help but think that if everyone who longs for a viable third party were to actually go out and vote for a third party candidate, it would shake the foundation of the system we have now.

I will continue to vote my conscience and let the chips fall where they may...

fj1200
07-30-2014, 12:45 PM
That being said, here we go...

In another example of how the Department of Homeland Security has expanded far outside the purview of its original function, six vehicles full of DHS agents were required to seize a Land Rover from a couple in Statesville, N.C. due to the fact that the vehicle allegedly violates EPA emission standards.

As part of its mission to “protect the Homeland,” the DHS has been busy seizing imported vehicles that don’t comply with safety and CO2 regulations.

Jennifer and Bill Brinkley were satisfied that their $60,000 dollar purchase of a Land Rover Defender on eBay complied with regulations because it fell into the exemption category of a vehicle 25 years or older.

DHS sucks but I'm pretty sure they're missing some details. I'd be surprised that they got it in the country in the first place. My guess: the importer tried to pull a fast one.

red state
07-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I understand what you're saying about the third party vote, I hear the same refrain often, but I can't help but think that if everyone who longs for a viable third party were to actually go out and vote for a third party candidate, it would shake the foundation of the system we have now.

I will continue to vote my conscience and let the chips fall where they may...

And I wouldn't blame you or think poorly of you for doing so.....if only everyone voted their conscience instead of a raise, handout or favor. If HELLary gets in and the Republicans put in another Mittens or Christi Cream.....it'll be THEIR fault, not yours.

darin
07-30-2014, 01:58 PM
For the recrod, Alex Jones' sanity - or lack thereof - has no bearing on the truth or falsity of the claims being made.

But yes - HLS is anything but security for the homeland. They are a military wing with little oversight and responsibility. Be afraid.

aboutime
07-30-2014, 03:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mm-wNdcfNpI

Be careful guys.....they are listening, reading and watching!!!!! YIKES! And the things we've said!!!!! HA!!!!

red state. I actually DO HOPE they are reading, and watching. I'm not afraid of what we've said, and MAKE NO APOLOGIES for telling the TRUTH.

Not even HOMELAND SECURITY, NSA, FBI, OBAMA, DEMOCRATS, and other related IDIOTS can change the TRUTH!

If they want to punish me for exercising my rights as an American. http://icansayit.com/images/bringiton.gif.

red state
07-30-2014, 03:45 PM
red state. I actually DO HOPE they are reading, and watching. I'm not afraid of what we've said, and MAKE NO APOLOGIES for telling the TRUTH.

Not even HOMELAND SECURITY, NSA, FBI, OBAMA, DEMOCRATS, and other related IDIOTS can change the TRUTH!

If they want to punish me for exercising my rights as an American. http://icansayit.com/images/bringiton.gif.

Just saying....I'd hate to lose $60,000 worth of property or my house to these scum-bags and that be the end of it. Hopefully they would come on a day that the doctor told me that I had only so many days to live because of cancer.

Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory. But yes, I also say.....http://icansayit.com/images/bringiton.gif It is a good day to die....if a difference is made.

fj1200
07-30-2014, 05:00 PM
For the recrod, Alex Jones' sanity - or lack thereof - has no bearing on the truth or falsity of the claims being made.

But yes - HLS is anything but security for the homeland. They are a military wing with little oversight and responsibility. Be afraid.

Why DHS here? Probably because customs is under DHS. DHS is a dumping ground for a lot of agencies and a greater example of bureaucratic role creep than a coming occupation force.

darin
07-31-2014, 05:34 AM
Just saying....I'd hate to lose $60,000 worth of property or my house to these scum-bags and that be the end of it.

That's just it - These agencies will act "according to the law" and paint anyone opposing them as 'criminals'. The public will be fine with it and support it because the public is dumb; and these agencies will only back down when their leaders might be politically embarassed - acting within the law or otherwise.

logroller
07-31-2014, 02:07 PM
That's just it - These agencies will act "according to the law" and paint anyone opposing them as 'criminals'. The public will be fine with it and support it because the public is dumb; and these agencies will only back down when their leaders might be politically embarassed - acting within the law or otherwise.
If the vehicle was illegally imported, then it is a criminal matter. Its a real problem with these models since they are plentiful in the world but haven't been sold in the us since the early nineties due to airbag requirements.

red state
07-31-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure this agency or others such as the ATF were acting or do act "according to the law". There's too much out there to suggest that we have a bully state that is ABOVE the law and we can thank pukes like BUSH, Clinton and those like them for these accounts of Americans being tread on.

.....Jennifer and Bill Brinkley were satisfied that their $60,000 dollar purchase of a Land Rover Defender on eBay complied with regulations because it fell into the exemption category of a vehicle 25 years or older.....

Whether the vehicle was "dangerous" to the "homeland" or not, The vehicle should have never passed through the shipping process if concerns of polluting the "HOMELAND" was an issue but they should have NEVER treated this as though the vehicle was some sort of nuclear bomb. Citations, court appearances and fines with conditions to "fix" the vehicle should have been the FIRST move. Doing what they are doing is simply asking for another Ruby Ridge Massacre. Common sense is GONE these days and I suspect that the Mexican gangs rush on American farms and properties while dressed in black/military-type gear. Yeah, especially if I lived near any of our borders, I'd probably shoot first and ask questions later if raided.

red state
07-31-2014, 04:47 PM
This MIS-conduct by our 'big bro' or 'big sis' is pure silliness and those who have implemented these 'excessive' agencies are equally silly if such folks weren't so down-right dangerous to the American people. Sadly, it seems that deaths must occur before such over-the-top actions (misconduct) is labeled UnCONSTITUTIONAL (which is against the law).

Bringing the attention of Ruby Ridge is a classic example of an overbearing, out of control and excessive gov guilty of gross misconduct. All the death and horror of Ruby Ridge because of an "alleged" inch or less on a shotgun which made it illegal but it was really a missed court date (due to the flawed system that issued the date). No, my verdict of a missed court date causing all of this is wrong.....it was an evil, overreaching, overacting gov. bullying the lives of folks who simply wanted to be left alone. Ruby Ridge truly was an American Tragedy but we need not forget the same actions taken during Katrina or the most recent account that I'm aware of with the mistreatment of Bostonians after the Boston Marathon Bombing.

http://www.atomicnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tshirt.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1530586_571343869614438_1789374900_n.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Janet_Reno-us-Portrait.jpg/220px-Janet_Reno-us-Portrait.jpg https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608047891950276200&pid=15.1&P=0 I spit on these vermin!!!

fj1200
08-01-2014, 09:09 AM
If the vehicle was illegally imported, then it is a criminal matter. Its a real problem with these models since they are plentiful in the world but haven't been sold in the us since the early nineties due to airbag requirements.

Enough of your trolling. :slap: Some only seek validation.

Joyful HoneyBee
08-01-2014, 11:41 PM
It isn't as if we weren't warned of all this six years ago, and people actually applauded:

http://youtu.be/_fO-usAlqak

It ran a chill up my spine back then, and I haven't learned to accept it yet.

red state
08-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Well, the other videos within and following Joyfull Honey Bee's posted track runs chills up my spine and I haven't gotten over these probablilities YET.....I don't know if it is our wuss of a president or chewbacca of a first lady but something (AS EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS B.O.) stinks to high heaven. Anyone who looks into B.O.'s past or photos of the two can definitely see the red flags. Have a drink with this guy.....NOT ME. Can you imagine making a pass at 'Michelle'.....not on your life! Even in a dark bar there'd be too many red flags. Does anyone remember Eddie Murphy's "GUNNY, goony, goo goo". Could it be that she WAS a she and is now a boy.....dressing as a she?! I suppose she could simply be an ugly women who seems more of a man than the current occupier of OUR White House.

Aunt 'BUNNY' is coming for us all!!! And that ain't us just being 'DELIRIOUS'. Remember?!

As Eddie Murphy closed with: "You can take your (SKIP) hairy wife...(SKIP)....your (skip) kids and your (SKIP, skip ) dog (Skip SKIP) and put them in the (SKIP) goony goo goo mobile and get the (SKIP) out! If my wife don't like it, she can get the (SKIP) out too........................................You missed me (SKIP)! ~Eddie Murphy

aboutime
08-02-2014, 02:57 PM
This is that OBAMA NATIONAL SECURITY FORCE he was talking about then, and still today.

http://icansayit.com/images/blackpanlead.jpg

http://icansayit.com/images/blackpan.jpg

http://icansayit.com/images/blackpan12.jpg

red state
08-02-2014, 04:10 PM
If I had their address, I'd invite them to our polling stations some time and see how it works for them. I'm sure some good ole boys would simply come and stand around with their "knockers" but what would happen is these "panzee panthers" would open their big mouth and probably try to draw first blood. I believe Jeff provided a video of them trying some of the $#!T they pull up North and it not working out too well for them. Jeff, if you still have that video....please provide it so that we can remind ourselves what the next "civil" war would be like. Just look at the long-haired crack-head one that shot his big mouth off back in '08. His clothes just about fall off of this crack-head looking scum....yet, he felt so big intimidating the city folks from up North.

AT, the dimocratic party is OVER.....................the Republicans are next and I fear that if they put forth the same losers they've been shoving our way, we may very well have our first female president in 2016. That, in addition to the "new" voters being shipped in and the proven corruption, will likely be a run-a-way election.

Yes, we are all over the place but this is a thread for those who wish to address the many topics or introduce what comes across their mind as they read other's thoughts.

aboutime
08-02-2014, 07:33 PM
If I had their address, I'd invite them to our polling stations some time and see how it works for them. I'm sure some good ole boys would simply come and stand around with their "knockers" but what would happen is these "panzee panthers" would open their big mouth and probably try to draw first blood. I believe Jeff provided a video of them trying some of the $#!T they pull up North and it not working out too well for them. Jeff, if you still have that video....please provide it so that we can remind ourselves what the next "civil" war would be like. Just look at the long-haired crack-head one that shot his big mouth off back in '08. His clothes just about fall off of this crack-head looking scum....yet, he felt so big intimidating the city folks from up North.

AT, the dimocratic party is OVER.....................the Republicans are next and I fear that if they put forth the same losers they've been shoving our way, we may very well have our first female president in 2016. That, in addition to the "new" voters being shipped in and the proven corruption, will likely be a run-a-way election.

Yes, we are all over the place but this is a thread for those who wish to address the many topics or introduce what comes across their mind as they read other's thoughts.

red state. Once again. I agree with you, even as I must refuse to sound like I am giving up, or giving in.
That is what the Dimocrats, and Hillary/Obama have been depending upon all these years.
Destroying the nation by the ATTRITION of educated, thinking, willing to work Americans.
The longer the American educational system gets worse, instead of getting better. And Fewer Americans are smart enough to actually care. The more threatened the whole nation is.
Needless to say. Our enemies around the world NOTE ALL OF THIS more than WE THE PEOPLE.

But..I will refuse to just lay down, and pretend it won't affect me because I'm getting older, and won't be around to witness the DEMISE of America. But my grandchildren WILL. And THAT...just pisses me off.