PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo's Army Against Amnesty

nevadamedic
06-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Here is an email I just got from his campaign. The more I read or learn about this guy the more I support him!

Join Tom's Army against Amnesty

Dear D@#,

I need your help—And I don’t mean financial help. While Tom could not be as strong today without your generosity, an army needs troops as well if it is to win the war.

The battlefront this summer is something called the Iowa Straw Poll, but before I tell you the different ways you can help Tom there, let me mention what is at stake.

Amnesty, a policy that will destroy our nation, is back. This beast is tough to kill. As the Congressman says, “This bill is like the Terminator, you can beat it, kill it, destroy it, and it keeps coming back.”

The reason is simple. The arrogance of those in the Senate rivals that of Rome at the time of the Fall. Corrupted by corporate money, seduced by the establishment’s shine, their egos inflated by the crooning of the mainstream media, they just don’t care what the people think—they believe they know what’s best for us and for America.

Every time they debate amnesty they make a sham of democracy, and if they have their way they will destroy this nation.

This week the Senate is bringing back the Kennedy-McCain Amnesty Bill. If this massive amnesty passes, I simply don’t know how America survives.

Tom is adamant that the first priority of the campaign is to kill the bill. And, of course, he is right.

But I am just as adamant that his campaign is the best way to win the war against the open border crowd. He is the only candidate who can be trusted never to grant amnesty, and the only one who will secure all two thousand miles of our southern border, enforce the laws against employers who hire illegal aliens, and will prosecute the mayors and councilmen of sanctuary cities for aiding and abetting criminal behavior.

Today Tom is already driving the national debate, forcing the other candidates to move closer and closer to our position.

But to keep the momentum going we need to send a powerful message to establishment republicans that they best not support any amnesty ever again…and we have our chance in 50 days!

The Iowa Straw Poll will be held on August 11, 2007 in Ames Iowa. Thousands of activists from across Iowa will join together to vote for the candidate they want to see carry the Republican banner in 2008.

A strong grassroots showing for Tom there will be an enormous boost to his candidacy, and will ensure those in Washington hear the no amnesty message.

But to do all this we need to have an army of volunteers. Most of you cannot up and leave your homes, but maybe you could put in a few calls to Iowa voters, go to Iowa for a few days to help spread the word, or even volunteer at the Iowa Straw Poll itself.

Perhaps you even live near the national headquarters in Virginia or one of our state offices and you can come in and volunteer.

If you can help we need you and we need you now.

So please join Tom’s Army Against Amnesty, help us stop this bill with your calls to your Senators and give Tom the support he needs to do well at the Iowa Straw Poll on August 11.

Thanks for all you do for the cause and for Tom.

My warmest regards,

Bay Buchanan
Senior Adviser

Take decisive action – JOIN THE ARMY AGAINST AMNESTY

A link to the Army Against Amnesty page...........
http://www.teamtancredo.com/army_against_amnesty_index.asp

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Just saw a poll that had Tancredo forth among the front runners. Excelent.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM

That's amazing considering where he started. He also makes the least in contributions. I think people are likeing his positions and realize he is for real.

Hugh Lincoln
06-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I am pretty sure he is the only politician I have ever given money to...

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I am pretty sure he is the only politician I have ever given money to...

Are you signed up on his website as well?

Guernicaa
06-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Not excellent if he decides to run as an Independent Conservative...
Otherwise Republicans are going to run into the problem Democrats did in the 2000 election.

The whole idea is to eventually see who the majority likes and go with that person and that person only. Silence all the others.
It's sad...But unless you want an independent taking a huge chunk of vote from the Republican its best not to get involved with people like Tancredo.

No1tovote4
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Tom's goal was to be in the top five in the first two primaries. He has a shot at this. His aim was to focus much of the debate on the border security issue and he's been very successful. Each of the major candidates now express it as a homeland security issue and give it good billing.

He's also grown as a candidate and is able to speak more readily on some issues that he had little or no experience in.

Tom is a very good guy, unfortunately I see less of him now that he is running a national campaign.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Not excellent if he decides to run as an Independent Conservative...
Otherwise Republicans are going to run into the problem Democrats did in the 2000 election.

The whole idea is to eventually see who the majority likes and go with that person and that person only. Silence all the others.
It's sad...But unless you want an independent taking a huge chunk of vote from the Republican its best not to get involved with people like Tancredo.

Do you even know anything about him?

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Tom's goal was to be in the top five in the first two primaries. He has a shot at this. His aim was to focus much of the debate on the border security issue and he's been very successful. Each of the major candidates now express it as a homeland security issue and give it good billing.

He's also grown as a candidate and is able to speak more readily on some issues that he had little or no experience in.

Tom is a very good guy, unfortunately I see less of him now that he is running a national campaign.

He need's to start getting his name out.