PDA

View Full Version : And Britain's MSM

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 02:40 AM
http://timblair.net/ee/index.php/weblog/bbc_beyond_belief/

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
BBC BEYOND BELIEF

How is the BBC’s attempt to overcome its stupid liberalism going? Not so well:

Politicians reacted in disbelief to the revelation that for over two hours yesterday, the BBC News website carried a request for people in Iraq to report on troop movements.

The request was removed from the website after it sparked furious protests that the corporation was endangering the lives of British servicemen and women.

According to accounts last night, a story on a major operation by US and Iraqi troops against al-Qa’eda somewhere north of Baghdad contained an extraordinary request for information about the movement of troops.

Last night the BBC confirmed the wording of the request was: “Are you in Iraq? Have you seen any troop movements? If you have any information you would like to share with the BBC, you can do so using the form below."

The article continues: “A spokesman was unable to offer a detailed explanation of why anyone at the BBC should be seeking such information.” I can think of a few reasons.
Posted by Tim B. on 06/20/2007 at 05:23 AM

diuretic
06-21-2007, 03:30 AM
I can think of a reason too (of course not being Tim Blair I'm thinking differently). My reason is that the BBC is trying to find out what's going on so that it can get a reporter or two into the action. How's that Tim? But of course Tim being Tim he's going to present this as the BBC trying to get troop movement information to help terrorists. But that would assume that the BBC has links with terrorist/insurgent organisations. I don't think so. Bad luck Tim, back to the conspiracy theory workshop old son.

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 03:42 AM
I can think of a reason too (of course not being Tim Blair I'm thinking differently). My reason is that the BBC is trying to find out what's going on so that it can get a reporter or two into the action. How's that Tim? But of course Tim being Tim he's going to present this as the BBC trying to get troop movement information to help terrorists. But that would assume that the BBC has links with terrorist/insurgent organisations. I don't think so. Bad luck Tim, back to the conspiracy theory workshop old son.

So you think it's a good thing to broadcast where the troops are, so the insurgents can better target them?

stephanie
06-21-2007, 03:55 AM
BBC is a joke...

And to think.......The people take them as the word of truth...

Scary

diuretic
06-21-2007, 06:30 AM
So you think it's a good thing to broadcast where the troops are, so the insurgents can better target them?

I didn't say that Kathianne. I just gave a different perspective on Blair's comments (Tim not Tony). I think the insurgents don't need the assistance of the BBC is what I'm saying. Given that insurgents have infiltrated the Iraqi police and the army and are probably in other sensitive areas I don't think the insurgents are going to check out the BBC website or listen to the World Service on radio - they don't need to.

This is just Tim Blair banging on yet again. He's made a nasty inference about the BBC. He wants his readers to think that the BBC is left wing and wants to help the insurgents in Iraq. I've simply tried to point out that what the BBC did was from the point of view of news-gathering and not to assist the insurgents.

diuretic
06-21-2007, 06:31 AM
BBC is a joke...

And to think.......The people take them as the word of truth...

Scary

Exactly my thoughts about Fox :D

Gaffer
06-21-2007, 09:29 AM
All the BBC has to do is contact the AP or cnn they both have jihadi stringers working for them full time. even infiltrators in the iraqi forces can't get info to their buddies about all the British and American forces movements. If the BBC wants frontline info they can request embedding of their reporters like everyone else does. or they can read Roggio and Yon's posts on their blog pages. Getting news from people on the street that can be used against our troops is not news gathering it falls into the treason category. Freedom of speech does not take presidence over peoples lives.