PDA

View Full Version : GOP Gubernatorial candidate, Jones calls opponent ‘misogynistic jerk’

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Jones calls Ducey ‘misogynistic jerk’GOP gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones decried a disparaging comment that rival Doug Ducey made about her business experience as sexist, and said the state treasurer is being a “misogynistic jerk.”

During a debate that aired on Channel 3 KTVK on July 27, Ducey questioned Jones’ business credentials. Jones served for more than a decade as an executive and general counsel at the web domain hosting company GoDaddy.

“You were a line employee at GoDaddy with no leadership experience. And I don’t know what qualifies you for this race besides your own wallet,” Ducey told the wealthy Jones, who has spent more than $2 million of her own money on the race.
Jones took issue with what she said was an inaccurate description of her role at GoDaddy.

“Being a condescending, misogynistic jerk is not the way to win an election,” Jones told the Arizona Capitol Times. “I have heard from a lot of professional women that, if they had any doubt in their mind about voting for me before they head that line, they’re absolutely voting for me now, because they’ve worked with ‘that guy’ in their career.”

(Full Story at Link)

Read more: http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2014/08/05/az-governor-candidate-christine-jones-doug-ducey-a-misogynistic-jerk/#ixzz39e5bgzz6

Was this actually a sexist remark? Or is Jones play the "sexist card?"

I think he was most definitely marginalizing her position at GoDaddy, but the remark really wasn't gender specific and therefore, not sexist.

jimnyc
08-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Perhaps condescending, but I don't see the sexism either.

DragonStryk72
08-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Jones calls Ducey ‘misogynistic jerk’

GOP gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones decried a disparaging comment that rival Doug Ducey made about her business experience as sexist, and said the state treasurer is being a “misogynistic jerk.”

During a debate that aired on Channel 3 KTVK on July 27, Ducey questioned Jones’ business credentials. Jones served for more than a decade as an executive and general counsel at the web domain hosting company GoDaddy.

“You were a line employee at GoDaddy with no leadership experience. And I don’t know what qualifies you for this race besides your own wallet,” Ducey told the wealthy Jones, who has spent more than $2 million of her own money on the race.
Jones took issue with what she said was an inaccurate description of her role at GoDaddy.

“Being a condescending, misogynistic jerk is not the way to win an election,” Jones told the Arizona Capitol Times. “I have heard from a lot of professional women that, if they had any doubt in their mind about voting for me before they head that line, they’re absolutely voting for me now, because they’ve worked with ‘that guy’ in their career.”

(Full Story at Link)

Read more: http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2014/08/05/az-governor-candidate-christine-jones-doug-ducey-a-misogynistic-jerk/#ixzz39e5bgzz6

I think he was most definitely marginalizing her position at GoDaddy, but the remark really wasn't gender specific and therefore, not sexist.

I really dislike marginalization in politics, but that wasn't really sexist. I can see where she might take it that way, but all in all, it's more just elitist. He would've said it about the experience, whether from a man or woman.

This is one of those bits of elitism that politicians really do need to get called out on, and both sides pull it. It's basically them saying, "Well, you don't fit the mold, so you can't be in charge of anything. Good day, sir."

SassyLady
08-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Jones calls Ducey ‘misogynistic jerk’

GOP gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones decried a disparaging comment that rival Doug Ducey made about her business experience as sexist, and said the state treasurer is being a “misogynistic jerk.”

(Full Story at Link)

Not sexist. He would have said the same thing if it were a man who he was trying to marginalize. We already know what kind of havoc happens when someone with no leadership ability or experience running an organization will cause.