PDA

View Full Version : I believe...

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 09:02 PM
That when you give to others, even when you think you can't afford to give, god will provide and you will find that you actually do have enough to give.

aboutime
08-06-2014, 09:05 PM
That when you give to others, even when you think you can't afford to give, god will provide and you will find that you actually do have enough to give.

Agreed. Even if you THINK you can't afford to help others. There's always a way to as they say "Pay it Forward". And it doesn't have to be money. Acts of kindness for anyone in need, in any way. Always get a reward. You feel better for it. What more does anyone need?

SassyLady
08-07-2014, 03:04 AM
A kindness I practice every day....Giving out three compliments ... at least one to complete stranger. Helps to stay focused on positives in my life. Also, thank my creator for all that is provided for me.

Jeff
08-07-2014, 06:39 AM

I agree 100% I give at the Church as much as possible ( even if it leaves me light ) and somehow during bad times we make it, we spoke about this at church last night, The preacher drives a race car and spent all his money ( he had saved for a couple of years ) to buy a brand new motor for his car ( well another guy actually owned the car,but they where friends and had been racing together for years ) The motor is tough enough to go up in class ( they have been running in the higher class because there is less wrecking and stuff going on, while Chris got use to the car, and the new motor was being built ) but with the new motor it was time to drop back to Limited Late model, well the guy that owned the car said no he wanted to stay with the big boys and if they didn't he would take his car, and that is exactly what happened.

A little background on the preacher, he is a 34 year old guy that worked as a mechanic at a trucking company in town, he wasn't rich but he brought home a grand a week ( you can live very comfortable down here on that ) well when he took the church over they had 19 members, 6 children, they are now at 90 members, the congregation grew to where he needed to be more hands on ( full time ) so the church offered him $300 a week, he told them he needed $400 just to pay his bills, the church couldn't afford it but one of the members has a business and offered him a deal to work with him one or two days a week to make up the difference, so he did and to this day that is what he does.

Back to the car, of course being from the south when something like this happens the vultures come out, a brand new motor that hadn't even made a lap, a motor with all the goodies in it, well he started getting calls a hour after the guy came and picked up the car and he was starting to feel sorry for himself, he even believed well God must be steering me in another direction, but then he thought heck I can look for a old beat up car and I can use my top of the line equipment in it, win some money and then buy another car, well he found a junk car for $3500 ( that is just the chassis basically ) he thought long and hard and in the meantime he got a call from another driver ( a business owner that was really impressed with him when he was purposely wrecked a few weeks ago, see he got out of his car and gave the other driver a thumbs up and that was it ( if ya have ever been to Saturday night dirt track you know, when you are deliberately wrecked, well that is the start of a major fight :laugh: ) The business owner was so impressed that he asked Chris ( the preacher ) about the deal with the car he was driving, Chris explained the deal and the guy asked him if he would like his own car, Chris was taken back but said heck yea, the guy told him to go and find one and holler back at him. Well he knew where that 3500 one was but it was only a temp car at best but as he was working in the shop a buddy called and told him about a car that was for sale that had been built for a guy ( his grandfather payed the way, he is the owner of a John Deer dealer in town ) and the guy had decided not to drive, the car has Nascar everything in it, it has all the latest and greatest in it, but the guy wanted $6500 for it, Chris didn't want to spend that much ( but it was a steal ) so he called the business owner and explained the 2 cars and there prices and told the guy he could make the cheaper car work, the man told him to come get the check, so last night on his way to church he stopped by and the guy handed him a check for $6500, he told Chris he had a great year and wanted to help him out.

So tonight we will put this car together ( motor and all in ) and Saturday night we will be racing, this was all ( I and any that had heard the story ) do to Chris giving so much to the church and people in the community.