PDA

View Full Version : Rep points assigned unfairly to liberals?

Rahul
06-21-2007, 03:33 AM
I have noticed a curious occurence on this board as of late.

It seems that the liberals are getting more and more negative rep points, and being attacked publicly in the Forums, while the conservative posters positive rep count keeps on rising. I noticed this in my case, and thought that it perhaps could be a one off occurence, but apparently not. In short, just about EVERY liberal poster has accumulated a massive amount of -ve rep points, while the exact opposite it true for the Conservative posters.

Why are the conservatives so quick to gang up on the liberals and assign -ve rep points for posts they disagree with is a bit of a mystery.

Could it be the conservatives are baffled by logic? :)

Could it be that they do not have an argument to make, instead choosing to indulge in personal attacks, off topic posts and character assasinations amongst others?

Your thoughts on this interesting situation will be most appreciated.

:beer:

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 04:21 AM
:boohoo:

stephanie
06-21-2007, 04:32 AM
:dance::poke:

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 04:36 AM
nevadamedic - :popcorn: ........ :laugh:

Rahul
06-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Images, or answers? That is the question here. . .

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 05:18 AM
How about a pool of how long it takes this thread to grow to 3 or more pages?

7 hours from now...

stephanie
06-21-2007, 05:30 AM
How about a pool of how long it takes this thread to grow to 3 or more pages?

7 hours from now...

I'm in.........:coffee:

diuretic
06-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I would consider myself left of centre. I've had two red rep points and a number of green ones with some kind comments (and of course some neutral ones). So no, I haven't been bombarded with red. I haven't received any nasty private messages, any bollocking I've got has been in the forums and that's okay, it's just a discussion forum, no-one's shoving a beer glass in my face.

CockySOB
06-21-2007, 06:26 AM
That's because you present yourself and your arguments well, diuretc.

Nukeman
06-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Images, or answers? That is the question here. . .The whole point of the rep system is to let someone know if you AGREE or DISAGREE with their thought process. You write about how intelligent you are yet you have "difficulty" is grasping this simple concept.

You write on this board like you are the only one with an answer. Every argument you make is the only true one. You are completely inflexable, you dont want to debate you want to lecture, you sound more like a whinny professor in college who's students take exception with their lectures.

In a nut shell YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT(so yo think) and you have the nerve to ask why you get neg. rep. points.

Use some of your self proclaimed intellect and figure it out.....:poke:

Nukeman
06-21-2007, 06:31 AM
I would consider myself left of centre. I've had two red rep points and a number of green ones with some kind comments (and of course some neutral ones). So no, I haven't been bombarded with red. I haven't received any nasty private messages, any bollocking I've got has been in the forums and that's okay, it's just a discussion forum, no-one's shoving a beer glass in my face.

The big difference I see in you and the idiot that started this thread is you are willing to discuss problems, I have found your arguments enlightening and I have even changed my mind on few occasions. You also aren't an arrogant prick like Rahul who comes to this board and just tells everyone they are wrong and he is always right.

I enjoy reading your point of view on a number of subject

I almost can't bring myself to read rahul, but I do because its like a train wreck in progress you just can't turn away.

Nukeman
06-21-2007, 06:32 AM

It seems that the liberals are getting more and more negative rep points, and being attacked publicly in the Forums, while the conservative posters positive rep count keeps on rising. I noticed this in my case, and thought that it perhaps could be a one off occurence, but apparently not. In short, just about EVERY liberal poster has accumulated a massive amount of -ve rep points, while the exact opposite it true for the Conservative posters.

Why are the conservatives so quick to gang up on the liberals and assign -ve rep points for posts they disagree with is a bit of a mystery.

Could it be that they do not have an argument to make, instead choosing to indulge in personal attacks, off topic posts and character assasinations amongst others?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diuretic
06-21-2007, 06:33 AM
That's because you present yourself and your arguments well, diuretc.

Thanks CockySOB - much appreciated - I've reformed, no more swearing for me :D

diuretic
06-21-2007, 06:41 AM
The big difference I see in you and the idiot that started this thread is you are willing to discuss problems, I have found your arguments enlightening and I have even changed my mind on few occasions. You also aren't an arrogant prick like Rahul who comes to this board and just tells everyone they are wrong and he is always right.

I enjoy reading your point of view on a number of subject

I almost can't bring myself to read rahul, but I do because its like a train wreck in progress you just can't turn away.

Again I appreciate your comments. I can be difficult though. I have to say that a discussion elsewhere with someone on the other side as it were (politically I mean, I'm not into seances :D) convinced me that I had to pull my head in. So I did. I'm now teddibly, teddibly reasonable :laugh2:

CockySOB
06-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Thanks CockySOB - much appreciated - I've reformed, no more swearing for me :D

*chuckle* I hear ya.

Dilloduck
06-21-2007, 07:49 AM

I confess---I AM baffled by your "logic". :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
My last ten reps have been positive. :dunno: ...So I can't really support Rahul's pov.

darin
06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
We've already had MANY Biased-Board threads. Nothing has been proven; no libs can actually supply evidence of their claims.