PDA

View Full Version : Derail This Thread

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Poor Jim and his hopelessly derailed "Board Ideas" thread. I thought I'd create a thread where people can post random stuff that don't necessarily require their own thread, but are worthy of posting (or maybe not).

I know I don't own the thread, but I'm respectfully asking for people to keep this non-political because there's plenty of room on the forums for that.

I'll start. http://ashdance.com/tokyo/ <----this guy took my kid's class workshop today. My kid is OVER THE MOON as a result. :dance:

jimnyc
08-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I love peanuts!

Said1
08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I was at the dentist this morning. Right nostril is still numb.

NightTrain
08-11-2014, 11:05 AM
I need to change the oil in my boat.

Thinking about going full synthetic, maybe Mobil 1?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 11:06 AM
I was at the dentist this morning. Right nostril is still numb.

I love peanuts!

True story: I once shoved a peanut M&M up my friend's right nostril.

Said1
08-11-2014, 11:12 AM
True story: I once shoved a peanut M&M up my friend's right nostril.
Such violence, and from a liberal! :laugh2:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Such violence, and from a liberal! :laugh2:

Karma got me. When my youngest was about three, she shoved a bead up her own nose. I could NOT get the bead out, so I took her to the emergency room. Here's what happened:

Doctor: Put her on your lap. Hold the unblocked nostril closed. Take a deep breath and blow hard into her mouth.

The bead shot across the room and it only cost me $300.

gabosaurus
08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Opening statement of general trolling intent.
Obviously facetious statement about rednecks that nobody gets.
Underhanded jibe meant to get under Jim's skin.
General paragraph extolling the merits of advanced academia.
Broad brush statement meant to portray all conservatives in poor light.
Concluding remark meant to remind everybody that I am better than they are.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Opening statement of general trolling intent.
Obviously facetious statement about rednecks that nobody gets.
Underhanded jibe meant to get under Jim's skin.
General paragraph extolling the merits of advanced academia.
Broad brush statement meant to portray all conservatives in poor light.
Concluding remark meant to remind everybody that I am better than they are.

Your post belongs in a "Generic Flamewar" thread. Is there one of those around here?

gabosaurus
08-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Your post belongs in a "Generic Flamewar" thread. Is there one of those around here?

Don't be trying to derail my derailment! :slap:

Abbey Marie
08-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Don't be trying to derail my derailment! :slap:

Question: Does a derailed derailment mean it's back on track?

Said1
08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I can feel my nostril again. And I'm surprised there's no peanuts crammed up there since I'm pretty sure my dentist is a liberal, too. :)

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Once you jump track, you never go back.

Or something like that. :afro:

gabosaurus
08-11-2014, 12:34 PM

Wouldn't a derailed derailment mean a second derailment of what was previously derailed? Or perhaps a continuous derailment, like Miley Cyrus.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I have positive rep! Suck it, bitchez!!!!! (That was a joke)

Gunny
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM

I use Valvoline full synth. Works like a charm.

Gunny
08-11-2014, 09:40 PM
I have positive rep! Suck it, bitchez!!!!! (That was a joke)

Damn I feel bad I repped you now. :laugh:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
I use Valvoline full synth. Works like a charm.
Why are you telling us about your sex life? Isn't that just a bit too much info?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Damn I feel bad I repped you now. :laugh:
I know right? I'm such a gloater !!!

Gunny
08-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Why are you telling us about your sex life? Isn't that just a bit too much info?

You talking about my woman? I don't do the lubrication in that act. And my GF almost liked you for about a minute.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 09:48 PM
You talking about my woman? I don't do the lubrication in that act. And my GF almost liked you for about a minute.
She'll love me again. I'm irresistible.

Gunny
08-11-2014, 09:56 PM
She'll love me again. I'm irresistible.

Nope. You blew it. She loves me. You're fucked. Simple as that.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Nope. You blew it. She loves me. You're fucked. Simple as that.
Dammit. I was so hoping to recruit her to the dark side. We do have awesome cookies, ya know.

Said1
08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Everyone enjoying the Super a Full Moon (in Aquarius no less)?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Everyone enjoying the Super a Full Moon (in Aquarius no less)?
I dunno about that, but I am enjoying this lovely Pinot Grigio I'm having. Does that count?

Gunny
08-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Dammit. I was so hoping to recruit her to the dark side. We do have awesome cookies, ya know.

But I have chocolate.

Said1
08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I dunno about that, but I am enjoying this lovely Pinot Grigio I'm having. Does that count?

I'll take that as a yes. :beer:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 10:04 PM
But I have chocolate.
Curses! Foiled again!

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-11-2014, 10:06 PM
I'll take that as a yes. :beer:
I am not so unwashed that I drink from a beer mug! I do it like all sophisticated people and shove a straw into the bladder of a box-o-wine.

Joyful HoneyBee
08-11-2014, 10:10 PM
But I have chocolate.

You can make homemade chocolate for her with 1 part cocoa, 1 part coconut oil and 1 part honey (3/4 of a cup of each is perfect for a 9"x13" pan). Line the pan with parchment paper, pour out the chocolate and chill in the fridge. Cut into bite sized pieces when hardened and store in the fridge until it's all gone.

Gunny
08-11-2014, 10:19 PM
You can make homemade chocolate for her with 1 part cocoa, 1 part coconut oil and 1 part honey (3/4 of a cup of each is perfect for a 9"x13" pan). Line the pan with parchment paper, pour out the chocolate and chill in the fridge. Cut into bite sized pieces when hardened and store in the fridge until it's all gone.

I'll try to remember that.

SassyLady
08-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Had to clean some stuff out of the barn today. Old files and stuff ... found a picture of me with Merle Haggard and another one with Terri Gibbs. Had forgot all about it.

Jeff
08-12-2014, 06:57 AM

Great stuff works well in Motorcycles

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Had to clean some stuff out of the barn today. Old files and stuff ... found a picture of me with Merle Haggard and another one with Terri Gibbs. Had forgot all about it.
Who? :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
My younger brother once pissed on an electrified cattle fence! I said , once, because the shock he got gave him a massive reminder to never repeat again his drunken act. I fell out of the car laughing . He cried like a baby for a couple minutes. I laughed even harder!
True story, I called him , "Cattle Washer" for about a dozen years afterward. Man , did he hate that name and the story being told when people asked about it. :laugh:-Tyr

Joyful HoneyBee
08-12-2014, 10:11 AM
My younger brother once pissed on an electrified cattle fence! I said , once, because the shock he got gave him a massive reminder to never repeat again his drunken act. I fell out of the car laughing . He cried like a baby for a couple minutes. I laughed even harder!
True story, I called him , "Cattle Washer" for about a dozen years afterward. Man , did he hate that name and the story being told when people asked about it. :laugh:-Tyr

Shocking!

Joyful HoneyBee
08-12-2014, 10:12 AM
The carrots growing in my vegetable garden taste much better than the carrots in the produce department at the grocery stores.

NightTrain
08-12-2014, 12:10 PM

I can top that!

Had a '78 Camaro with a 327 back when I was 17, with a big yellow Accel Supercoil on it.

One day it wouldn't start, and I couldn't decide if it was a fuel problem or spark problem. So I pulled a plug and hung the plugwire with the spark plug over the fender so I could see if it was sparking, but couldn't tell because of the bright sunshine.

So I recruited my little brother to hold that spark plug and "tell me if it gets a little warm". He leaned over the fender holding the spark plug and I hit the key.

His legs shot straight out and quivered for a few seconds before I let off the key, and I marveled at my brilliant solution. That Accel Supercoil was working great!

Of course we engaged in fisticuffs because he felt it wasn't nice of me to keep cranking with lightning shooting from his toes, and he probably didn't appreciate the little white lie about what the spark plug would do if the ignition was in working order.

Soon after that I found that my fuel filter was plugged. Little brothers were very handy to have around at times.

Joyful HoneyBee
08-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I can top that!

So I recruited my little brother to hold that spark plug and "tell me if it gets a little warm". He leaned over the fender holding the spark plug and I hit the key.

His legs shot straight out and quivered for a few seconds before I let off the key, and I marveled at my brilliant solution. That Accel Supercoil was working great!...

Shocking!

Joyful HoneyBee
08-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Butternut Squash is neither butter, nor nut.

gabosaurus
08-12-2014, 02:15 PM
I've got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven store
Me and my partner Sonny built her straight out of scratch
And he rides with me from town to town
We only run for the money got no strings attached
We shut 'em up and then we shut 'em down

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2014, 05:32 PM
The carrots growing in my vegetable garden taste much better than the carrots in the produce department at the grocery stores.
Salt added while growing makes a huge difference in taste, EH? :laugh:

gabosaurus
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Truth in food labeling...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10155549_10152279177603810_503776505_n.jpg

AT responds with a comment linking this to me in 5..4..3..2..

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I went to France once and ended up in Canada. The young guy at the river told me I had to use only worms for bait. So I laid out at the beach and got burned. Then the Steelers won their 7th SB!!

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:18 PM
I went to France once and ended up in Canada. The young guy at the river told me I had to use only worms for bait. So I laid out at the beach and got burned. Then the Steelers won their 7th SB!!
Here:

http://nikeinc.com/news/nfl-nike-kick-off-the-season-by-celebrating-the-nfls-most-stylish-fans

That's my kids' dance teacher in the Steelers gear.