PDA

View Full Version : My dopey brother

jimnyc
08-12-2014, 06:28 AM
He is here visiting me again from NJ. This is John, aka Sir Evil, not Jeff. I sit around again and enjoy the AC and the internet while I put him to work. I need some cement on my porch fixed, putting up new shutters, fix a cabinet door... My garage door wouldn't work since a flood. Yesterday I went out and bought new sensors that go by the bottom of the door, and then I happily watched as I made him crawl on ground near spiders and rewire the new ones for me! Now for the first time in years I can actually hit a button and park in my garage!!!

Anything else you guys think I should have him do for me while he's here? And don't worry, I let him eat and drink as much of my coffee as he likes. He's well taken care of! :coffee:

Jeff
08-12-2014, 06:40 AM
He is here visiting me again from NJ. This is John, aka Sir Evil, not Jeff. I sit around again and enjoy the AC and the internet while I put him to work. I need some cement on my porch fixed, putting up new shutters, fix a cabinet door... My garage door wouldn't work since a flood. Yesterday I went out and bought new sensors that go by the bottom of the door, and then I happily watched as I made him crawl on ground near spiders and rewire the new ones for me! Now for the first time in years I can actually hit a button and park in my garage!!!

Anything else you guys think I should have him do for me while he's here? And don't worry, I let him eat and drink as much of my coffee as he likes. He's well taken care of! :coffee:

You are a prick James :laugh:

Tell him to make sure the garage door works well I am trying to get up that way next month and will need to park my bike in there !!!

jimnyc
08-12-2014, 06:48 AM
You are a prick James :laugh:

Tell him to make sure the garage door works well I am trying to get up that way next month and will need to park my bike in there !!!

No doubt, it works well now! I still need the bottom portion replaced someday, but at least its functional now. And yeah, I AM a prick, been telling people here that for a long, long time!! :laugh: :beer:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Well, he missed staining my deck, but I do have some weeds to pull and a bathroom that needs renovat...OH you meant at YOUR house. Sorry. My bad.

jimnyc
08-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Well, he missed staining my deck, but I do have some weeds to pull and a bathroom that needs renovat...OH you meant at YOUR house. Sorry. My bad.

I can send him to your place when he's done if you like! And I know for sure he has plenty of deck/wood experience!! :)

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-12-2014, 08:37 AM
I can send him to your place when he's done if you like! And I know for sure he has plenty of deck/wood experience!! :)
Yeah, big decks are all fine and dandy until it comes time to stain them :( But, I only pay in beers and burgers.

Sir Evil
08-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Hmm, seeing as only the garage door has been fixed it would appear a bit premature to make this post but I suppose I can finish the rest of your list for the right price and chinese for lunch.:lol:

jimnyc
08-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Hmm, seeing as only the garage door has been fixed it would appear a bit premature to make this post but I suppose I can finish the rest of your list for the right price and chinese for lunch.:lol:

Hey, get off my other computer and my website, bastard! :poke:

tailfins
08-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Dopey can be tolerated; mean can't be tolerated.

Sir Evil
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Heading out for some chinese food so guess I am glad you made this post dopey! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Sir Evil has his faults, but he remains a quite handsome devil. :happy0203:

Abbey Marie
08-12-2014, 02:39 PM

Hi John! Long time no "see". :cool:

You should at least post with us while you are living it up at Casa Jimbo.

Kathianne
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Good to see you, there are times I miss our late nights. ;)

Sir Evil
08-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Sir Evil has his faults, but he remains a quite handsome devil. :happy0203:

Thanks Gabby, and you are a pretty young lady yourself. What faults would you be referring to?

Hi John! Long time no "see". :cool:

You should at least post with us while you are living it up at Casa Jimbo.

Hello Abbey, how have you been? you like the idea of my posting while at Jim's so he can quickly monitor my disruptive ways? :laugh2: Honestly I loose interest too quickly with politics these days because it is just too predictable. Without looking about the forums I'm sure there are still threads about Bush, Iraq, Oil, The War on Terror etc.. that have nothing but the usual spewing of hatred which would allow me to drop in on the most current of topics without missing a beat so much like a merry-go-round it tends to become monotonous. Hmm, I can still post something in the music thread! ;)

Good to see you, there are times I miss our late nights. ;)

Hiya K, and how have you been? We sure did burn through some pm's in the day! Always nice to see the familiar names when I do pop on. :salute:

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks Gabby, and you are a pretty young lady yourself. What faults would you be referring to?

You think for yourself :beer:

Hello Abbey, how have you been? you like the idea of my posting while at Jim's so he can quickly monitor my disruptive ways? :laugh2: Honestly I loose interest too quickly with politics these days because it is just too predictable. Without looking about the forums I'm sure there are still threads about Bush, Iraq, Oil, The War on Terror etc.. that have nothing but the usual spewing of hatred which would allow me to drop in on the most current of topics without missing a beat so much like a merry-go-round it tends to become monotonous. Hmm, I can still post something in the music thread! ;)

Well, that's because anytime the current president is mentioned, the pretty young lady you replied to up above starts spewing anything and everything GWB like a raving lunatic!

Oh, and what about "Evil's Observer"? I'll let you make fun of people if you do it again, maybe even just once monthly? :poke:

Btw, now that you finished my garage, and front porch - hurry up with the shutters. Let me know when you're done and I'll take you out and get you a bottle of soda. :)

gabosaurus
08-13-2014, 01:03 PM

Your totally incorrect political viewpoints. Though I totally can't imagine you as a liberal. It would be like Charlie Daniels putting out a death metal album.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Your totally incorrect political viewpoints. Though I totally can't imagine you as a liberal. It would be like Charlie Daniels putting out a death metal album.

Or like Obama trying to act manly and toss a football! :coffee:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM

Or Pat Boone? :D

Sir Evil
08-13-2014, 06:24 PM

So there is a right and a wrong point of view? Sounds to me as though you have been programmed which I have always suspected anyway but you should really consider an independent thought process instead of just going with what your surroundings dictate to you. I know your views and I wouldn't say you're incorrect but I would however say you seldomly support them without spewing out the same old rhetoric the majority of libs have already stated. Facts and independent thoughts go a long way!

Oh, heard a metal version of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and it was quite good, amazing how opinions can vary! ;)

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Oh, heard a metal version of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and it was quite good, amazing how opinions can vary! ;)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YlaicBjFfVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Cement porch done and fixed, garage door sensors replaced and door is fully functional again, the shutters on the front of the house have all been replaced. It's been tiring of course, as the bastard has had me going to Home Depot like 5 times now! And watching him sweating while cementing and standing on a ladder for a few hours is rather boring, so I take frequent breaks. :)

I'm hopefully going to have him clean my truck today. I got dead bugs and bird crap that have become permanent residents, gonna try and buff that crap out, and a few small scratches. He knows how to do it, so I've assigned him this task as well. He also has a cabinet door in my kitchen to get fixed. The damn door always pops back open every time you close it. No, it's not the magnet, it's the damn former owner who applied 22 coats of paint. Need to remove it and at least get the paint off the hinges so it can close properly.

Might need a nap when he's all done! :lol:

Sir Evil
08-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Cement porch done and fixed, garage door sensors replaced and door is fully functional again, the shutters on the front of the house have all been replaced. It's been tiring of course, as the bastard has had me going to Home Depot like 5 times now! And watching him sweating while cementing and standing on a ladder for a few hours is rather boring, so I take frequent breaks. :)

I'm hopefully going to have him clean my truck today. I got dead bugs and bird crap that have become permanent residents, gonna try and buff that crap out, and a few small scratches. He knows how to do it, so I've assigned him this task as well. He also has a cabinet door in my kitchen to get fixed. The damn door always pops back open every time you close it. No, it's not the magnet, it's the damn former owner who applied 22 coats of paint. Need to remove it and at least get the paint off the hinges so it can close properly.

Might need a nap when he's all done! :lol:

:fu:

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 11:03 AM
:fu:

Unfriendly bastard

Sir Evil
08-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Unfriendly bastard

I can get over it but will require another chinese lunch!

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Jim, why are you letting John be such a slacker?

Sir Evil
08-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Jim, why are you letting John be such a slacker?

He will have to answer after we return from the chinese resteraunt! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 11:48 AM
He will have to answer after we return from the chinese resteraunt! :laugh2:

Go Thai- it's better!

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I feel sick. I think he brought me there so I would overeat and feel nauseous, and the plan worked. :(