PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: Robin Williams killed himself due to ‘leftist world view’

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh argued that Robin Williams committed suicide because of his “leftist world view.” (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/12/robin_williams_and_the_pop_culture_media)
“What is the left’s world view in general?” Mr. Limbaugh asked listeners (http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/12/limbaugh-exploits-robin-williams-death-to-attac/200397). “If you had to attach, not a philosophy, but an attitude to a leftist world view. It’s one of pessimism, and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they?”

>snip<

“[Liberals] are animated in large part by the false promises of America, because the promises of America are not for everyone,” he said. “He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. It fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. [I’m] talking about low expectations and general unhappiness.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams-killed-himself-due-le/#ixzz3AHlDgQlu
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

Why are people on the right so fond of this odious gasbag? Do some of you really believe this shit?

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 10:18 AM
I believed much of his "shit" over the years, while I am no fan at all. Like this article, much of what he says is also absolute crap, hence me not tuning in. But he does have many decent views on today's politics that I fully agree with.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 10:24 AM
I believed much of his "shit" over the years, while I am no fan at all. Like this article, much of what he says is also absolute crap, hence me not tuning in. But he does have many decent views on today's politics that I fully agree with.

I think he's an asshole and I would discount anything relevant he may or may not have to say based on hateful shit like this that spews from his piehole.

fj1200
08-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh argued that Robin Williams committed suicide because of his “leftist world view.” (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/12/robin_williams_and_the_pop_culture_media)

Not exactly, nice editing though. He was making a comparison.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Not exactly, nice editing though. He was making a comparison.
What did I miss?

tailfins
08-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I have been listening to Limbaugh since 1991 and continue to be a regular listener. It makes perfect sense that the leftist world view that you're nothing without the god of government would cause someone to be depressed.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 10:49 AM
I have been listening to Limbaugh since 1991 and continue to be a regular listener. It makes perfect sense that the leftist world view that you're nothing without the god of government would cause someone to be depressed.
Except that's not really the world view of the typical leftist. And there is no proof whatsoever that the fact that Robin Williams was a liberal contributed to his death.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm not a believer in a person automatically being treated as a saint because he's dead. I've never been a believer in not speaking ill of the dead: that is a superstition derived from a belief that they will come back in the night to haunt you if you do.

Robin Williams was--'WAS' because his genuinely inspired comedic period did not last quite as long as the 80s--an extremely talented comedian and a pretty fair dramatic actor when he wanted to be.

But he held to a lot of very fucked up views. I remember a Phil Donohue show in the 80s where he appeared with Whoopie Goldberg and some other Hollyweird lefties, and it was essentially an utterly humorless Reagan-bashing session that made me want to throw up. It and similar appearances like that forever damaged my respect for him and I've been wary of him ever since. We shouldn't forget that when all is said and done he was simply an old hippie whose best days were behind him.

Gaffer
08-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Other than the two lines you pointed out I didn't see anything derogatory from Rush. He did his usual comparing liberals to brainless maniacs, which many are, but he just threw some political liberal bashing in to his commentary.

The stuff at the end with the stupid questions was much more telling about the media then the rest of the article.

I suspect there will be a lot more Williams coverage over the next week by the media, as it takes away from ISIS, Ukraine and Israel. Have you noticed they haven't even mentioned China and the building of light houses on islands that don't belong to them.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
The excessive displays of public mourning for Williams by people who never even knew him are as fake and self-serving as the ridiculous circus atmosphere surrounding the death of Lady Diana.

People will do this because they feel they can thereby participate in the 'magic' of celebrity and become part of the story themselves as extras in a bad movie.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm not a believer in a person automatically being treated as a saint because he's dead. I've never been a believer in not speaking ill of the dead: that is a superstition derived from a belief that they will come back in the night to haunt you if you do.

Robin Williams was--'WAS' because his genuinely inspired comedic period did not last quite as long as the 80s--an extremely talented comedian and a pretty fair dramatic actor when he wanted to be.

But he held to a lot of very fucked up views. I remember a Phil Donohue show in the 80s where he appeared with Whoopie Goldberg and some other Hollyweird lefties, and it was essentially an utterly humorless Reagan-bashing session that made me want to throw up. It and similar appearances like that forever damaged my respect for him and I've been wary of him ever since. We shouldn't forget that when all is said and done he was simply an old hippie whose best days were behind him.
But do you honestly think it was his leftist world view that lead him to commit suicide?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Other than the two lines you pointed out I didn't see anything derogatory from Rush. He did his usual comparing liberals to brainless maniacs, which many are, but he just threw some political liberal bashing in to his commentary.

The stuff at the end with the stupid questions was much more telling about the media then the rest of the article.

I suspect there will be a lot more Williams coverage over the next week by the media, as it takes away from ISIS, Ukraine and Israel. Have you noticed they haven't even mentioned China and the building of light houses on islands that don't belong to them.
Same question to you.

And yes, celebrity drama always trumps real news. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Honey Boo-Boo and Company.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 11:11 AM
But do you honestly think it was his leftist world view that lead him to commit suicide?

To be perfectly honest, I don't know. Existential despair seems to be part and parcel of a completely secular liberal world view, but that doesn't mean that most people who hold onto it are more prone to commit suicide as a consequence. Might be. I just have no data on that.

DragonStryk72
08-13-2014, 11:17 AM
“What is the left’s world view in general?” Mr. Limbaugh asked listeners (http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/12/limbaugh-exploits-robin-williams-death-to-attac/200397). “If you had to attach, not a philosophy, but an attitude to a leftist world view. It’s one of pessimism, and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they?”

>snip<

“[Liberals] are animated in large part by the false promises of America, because the promises of America are not for everyone,” he said. “He had it all, but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh, but was miserable inside. It fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. [I’m] talking about low expectations and general unhappiness.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams-killed-himself-due-le/#ixzz3AHlDgQlu
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

Why are people on the right so fond of this odious gasbag? Do some of you really believe this shit?

I'm not, actually. I find him to be a fake conservative. He sides with whichever is the most popular conservative faction, and he's done it for decades. When he's not doing that, he's basically to the horribly inappropriate and wrong place, like this snippet shows.

Here, context isn't really necessary, because we already have the context. Instead of it being the serious bi-polar disorder Williams had, he's trying to say he was suicidal because he's liberal? We're not even three days from it, I mean, what kind of asshole does that?

tailfins
08-13-2014, 11:19 AM
I think he's an asshole and I would discount anything relevant he may or may not have to say based on hateful shit like this that spews from his piehole.

If Rush bothers you, try Mark Levin. Better yet, try calling his show on a weekday evening. Levin archives his show, so you can listen any time.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 11:20 AM
To be perfectly honest, I don't know. Existential despair seems to be part and parcel of a completely secular liberal world view, but that doesn't mean that most people who hold onto it are more prone to commit suicide as a consequence. Might be. I just have no data on that.
Here's some data:

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

Suicide by gunshot is the most common, exceeding all other methods. Now, I'm seriously not trying to be a smartass about this, but doesn't that fly in the face of liberals being more likely to commit suicide because of their leftist world view?

Caliban
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm not, actually. I find him to be a fake conservative. He sides with whichever is the most popular conservative faction, and he's done it for decades. When he's not doing that, he's basically to the horribly inappropriate and wrong place, like this snippet shows.

Here, context isn't really necessary, because we already have the context. Instead of it being the serious bi-polar disorder Williams had, he's trying to say he was suicidal because he's liberal? We're not even three days from it, I mean, what kind of asshole does that?

Limbaugh is quite conservative, no 'fake' about it, and he's been pretty consistent since the start of his career. He's increasingly critical of the TRULY fake conservatives, libertarians, who are essentially liberals that want to be rich, smoke pot and never employ military assets for ANY reason, and that's it. I respect him for that. If he wanted to be 'popular', he'd jump on the paulista bandwagon.

Thunderknuckles
08-13-2014, 11:27 AM
I used to listen to Rush back in the Clinton days. He was and still is an entertaining wind bag.
And no, Williams did not die because of his leftist world view.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 11:28 AM

One who likes to get a paycheck for throwing read meat to the base.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 11:32 AM

Have you ever actually listened to his radio show?

It's been my experience that his critics haven't heard it for themselves, instead relying on snippets from websites and it's almost always taken out of context or simply a joke that's apparent on the show - but the typed word can be a cold medium, especially when deliberately done to make him look like an asshole with something said that was not made to be taken seriously.

His research staff is impressive, and he backs up his claims with solid data. When he puts forth his opinion, he'll be sure to say so.

tailfins
08-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Limbaugh is quite conservative, no 'fake' about it, and he's been pretty consistent since the start of his career. He's increasingly critical of the TRULY fake conservatives, libertarians, who are essentially liberals that want to be rich, smoke pot and never employ military assets for ANY reason, and that's it. I respect him for that. If he wanted to be 'popular', he'd jump on the paulista bandwagon.

That's two dimensional thinking. There's New Hampshire conservatives and there's Texas conservatives. I've seen Granite Staters active against seat belt laws, socialized trash service, overly zealous building codes, etc. Texas conservatives focus on abortion, school choice, traditional marriage, etc. One is no more or less conservative than the other, just different and there's a place for both.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Have you ever actually listened to his radio show?

It's been my experience that his critics haven't heard it for themselves, instead relying on snippets from websites and it's almost always taken out of context or simply a joke that's apparent on the show - but the typed word can be a cold medium, especially when deliberately done to make him look like an asshole with something said that was not made to be taken seriously.

His research staff is impressive, and he backs up his claims with solid data. When he puts forth his opinion, he'll be sure to say so.
Please tell me what part of this is either taken out of context or a joke. And, I read the entire transcript. There is no need for me to actually hear the voice of this bloviating smugbunny.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 11:50 AM
By the way: this thread is an EXCELLENT example of why leftist progressives win virtually every battle they've been in since the 50s:Leftists never but NEVER eat their own, they never attack the liberal icons that have advanced their cause, whatever their other personal shortcomings. ONLY conservatives seem to do that, and until they STOP IT, they will always be losers.Apart from Reagan, NO ONE has done more to advance and build up the conservative cause than Limbaugh. If a conservative can't give him props for that, maybe it's better that the country be handed over to the leftist progressives, because even if what they want to do is deeply wicked and stupid, at least they KNOW what they're doing and how to go about it.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 11:52 AM
There is no need for me to actually hear the voice of this bloviating smugbunny.

Exactly.

I rest my case.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:00 PM
By the way: this thread is an EXCELLENT example of why leftist progressives win virtually every battle they've been in since the 50s:Leftists never but NEVER eat their own, they never attack the liberal icons that have advanced their cause, whatever their other personal shortcomings. ONLY conservatives seem to do that, and until they STOP IT, they will always be losers.Apart from Reagan, NO ONE has done more to advance and build up the conservative cause than Limbaugh. If a conservative can't give him props for that, maybe it's better that the country be handed over to the leftist progressives, because even if what they want to do is deeply wicked and stupid, at least they KNOW what they're doing and how to go about it.
That is simply false. On another board where I post, not one single poster from the left defended Martin Bashir when he made foul remarks about Sarah Palin. Not one. He got what he deserved. If I really try, I can think of other examples as well. From what I see, it's people on the right who tend to defend the indefensible. Just look at this thread as an example. Rush Limbaugh is an addict. You'd think he'd have a little empathy for someone who spent the better part of their life either self-medicating or fighting the desire to self medicate. Instead, he took the tragic life/death of a celebrity to once again, shit on liberals. It's disgusting and no one here has yet to explain to me what exactly was taken out of context or what would change if I actually listened to rather than read the words of this fat-assed douchecanoe.

DLT
08-13-2014, 12:08 PM

>snip<

There is speculation (which is all we really have) that Williams may have been influenced by a certain medication that he was on for his depression.

Nobody really knows what went through his mind but him and God. That said.....I suspect that Williams and God were not on speaking terms (just a guess). If they had been, I also suspect that Williams would have asked God for help and would have gotten it.

It's a sad and tragic thing when anyone feels that their only option in life is ending it. I feel really bad for his family.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:10 PM
There is speculation (which is all we really have) that Williams may have been influenced by a certain medication that he was on for his depression.

Nobody really knows what went through his mind but him and God. That said.....I suspect that Williams and God were not on speaking terms (just a guess). If they had been, I also suspect that Williams would have asked God for help and would have gotten it.

It's a sad and tragic thing when anyone feels that their only option in life is ending it. I feel really bad for his family.
And your opinion on Rush's words?

Caliban
08-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Thank God for show transcripts!!:laugh:

As I suspected, Rush's ACTUAL words were far more nuanced, thoughtful, interesting and intelligent than Lemongrass or Moveon.org [probably the former's original source for the non-story] make out, and in fact well worth reading:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/12/robin_williams_and_the_pop_culture_media

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:35 PM

As I suspected, Rush's ACTUAL words were far more nuanced, thoughtful, interesting and intelligent than Lemongrass or Moveon.org [probably the former's original source for the non-story] make out, and in fact well worth reading:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/12/robin_williams_and_the_pop_culture_media

You're going to have to point out the parts in the transcript that make what he said better because I'm not seeing it.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:39 PM

That's cool, but that doesn't mean that much of what he states isn't true, you just choose to tune him out. That's how I feel about MSNBC and so much more of the liberal dominated media out there.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:41 PM
One who likes to get a paycheck for throwing read meat to the base.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz? :lol:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
That's cool, but that doesn't mean that much of what he states isn't true, you just choose to tune him out. That's how I feel about MSNBC and so much more of the liberal dominated media out there.
I don't watch television or listen to talking heads. And even a broken clock is right twice a day. It doesn't mean it's worth having around.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 12:43 PM
That is simply false. On another board where I post, not one single poster from the left defended Martin Bashir when he made foul remarks about Sarah Palin. Not one. He got what he deserved. If I really try, I can think of other examples as well. From what I see, it's people on the right who tend to defend the indefensible. Just look at this thread as an example. Rush Limbaugh is an addict. You'd think he'd have a little empathy for someone who spent the better part of their life either self-medicating or fighting the desire to self medicate. Instead, he took the tragic life/death of a celebrity to once again, shit on liberals. It's disgusting and no one here has yet to explain to me what exactly was taken out of context or what would change if I actually listened to rather than read the words of this fat-assed douchecanoe.

I didn't listen to that broadcast, so I can't tell you either way.

You've tried & convicted Limbaugh as an asshole while freely admitting that you've never actually listened to him. That means you've taken the word of other people for it along with their opinions, rather than learning and deciding for yourself.

You strike me as an intelligent person, but this sort of behavior is baffling to me. I don't agree with Rush 100% of the time, but he's spot-on the vast majority of the time. But I made my own opinion of him from listening to him on the radio, rather than taking the word of some ass clown on the internet who, in all probability, has never listened to him either.

As I said before, every person I've ever heard criticize Limbaugh has always said they've never listened to him - and that admission is always after being directly asked. They've all said the same thing - "Oh, I'm not going to listen to that asshole! I don't need to!"

If you're truly interested in what he's saying and what context it was in, find out and listen for yourself. He's not the "douchecanoe" you say he is. I can say that with confidence because I've actually listened to him myself.

It's free radio and won't cost you a thing.

gabosaurus

Totally agree with you. My husband enjoys Rush, so I listen to him occasionally. Sometimes I wonder why a man who is obviously as smart as Rush gets lost trying to make headlines and create publicity for himself.

jimnyc

Has anyone defended the words he stated in this thread? Has anyone stated it was wrong?

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't watch television or listen to talking heads. And even a broken clock is right twice a day. It doesn't mean it's worth having around.

That's how the majority of the nation feels about MSNBC and the liberal TV, for example, and likely the reason stations like FOX and conservative stations are always on top.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Despicable Leftists Lie About My Comments on the Media Coverage of the Robin Williams Suicide

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: After 26 years of being misquoted, purposely taken out of context, misreported upon, lied about, some of this stuff now is beginning to get to the point I need to comment on it. Most days I just let it go by, not wanting to elevate it. But what the left, and particularly the leftist media, is attempting to do in twisting my comments about the Robin Williams suicide yesterday cannot go unnoticed. In fact, I didn't even know that I was on the hot seat 'til I got an e-mail about 20 minutes ago about all the crap I was getting. I said, "What crap?"

I was sent a series of links all spawned by Media Matters. Media Matters took it all out of context and then fed all these other outlets, and they ran with it. The upshot is that all of these media people think I am just a reprobate, a cold, heartless guy because I accused Robin Williams of committing suicide because he was a liberal. And I did no such thing. I don't know why he committed suicide. This is my point. And neither do they. They are the ones trying to tell us why. They are the ones trying to explain it. They are the ones justifying it. They are the ones glorifying it.

What I did yesterday was express some real concern over the fact that the way they are glorifying this -- and I made this clear that I'm not comfortable with the glorification of suicide. Life is too precious. We all only get one. And I was worried about this, the coverage of all this leading to copycats, people wanting to get the same kind of treatment in the media, in the pop culture media. People seeking the same kind of laudatory coverage, greatness, genius, all of this stuff. I thought it was irresponsible the way this was being covered yesterday because they don't know, either, why he committed suicide.

So what I did was analyze the coverage, which is what I do every day on this program, is analyze who the left is. I didn't presume to know why Robin Williams committed suicide. I didn't know yesterday, and I don't know today. But they do. They claim to know. All these people giving me the business claim they know why. And it was that that I was analyzing.

Now, I want to go back. We have about two and a half minutes of what I said yesterday. I want to replay it for you, even though you were here and heard it. This is what's being taken out of context, and, as you will hear, this is about media coverage and my analysis of it and ancillary, related things. But all of these low-rent, despicable, irresponsible, pathetic so-called media watchdogs on the left are trying to make it sound like I said that Robin Williams gave up because he was a liberal, and he's hopelessly doomed to misery and despair because that's what liberals are devoted to. And I said no such thing.

Here it is. And then, after this, I have some backup. I have some, as Lanny Davis would say, "poof." Some drop-down proof that what I was telling you yesterday about these people, the way they do this, coverage this, talk about it, is true. Sit tight for that.

Here's what I said yesterday that's being totally distorted, taken out of context -- and predictably so, by the way. I should have known yesterday. I should have given you a heads-up it was gonna happen. Here it is.

RUSH ARCHIVE: So our last caller from Des Plaines, Illinois, wanted to know, "What is the politics in the coverage of the suicide of Robin Williams?"

RUSH: Stop the tape.

RUSH ARCHIVE: Well, I believe there is some.

RUSH: Stop the tape. Did you hear what I said? "'What is the politics in the coverage of the suicide.'" Not, "What is the politics in the suicide." And that's what I addressed. Resume tape.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/13/despicable_leftists_lie_about_my_comments_on_the_m edia_coverage_of_the_robin_williams_suicide

Thunderknuckles
08-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Debbie Wasserman Schultz? :lol:
Holy cow Jim. That woman is the worst of the worst.
She will look you straight in the eye and tell you a blatant lie and do it without shame.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I didn't listen to that broadcast, so I can't tell you either way.

You've tried & convicted Limbaugh as an asshole while freely admitting that you've never actually listened to him. That means you've taken the word of other people for it along with their opinions, rather than learning and deciding for yourself.

This is not true. While I haven't listened to his show, I have read transcripts. And, btw, here you are defending him while admitting you didn't listen to what he said. So which one is worse?

You strike me as an intelligent person, but this sort of behavior is baffling to me. I don't agree with Rush 100% of the time, but he's spot-on the vast majority of the time. But I made my own opinion of him from listening to him on the radio, rather than taking the word of some ass clown on the internet who, in all probability, has never listened to him either.

Being right on occasion doesn't mean he isn't a total asshole.

As I said before, every person I've ever heard criticize Limbaugh has always said they've never listened to him - and that admission is always after being directly asked. They've all said the same thing - "Oh, I'm not going to listen to that asshole! I don't need to!"

Except that's not what I said. I'm perfectly content to read someone's words because I can do it a lot faster. And you have yet to tell me how context matters in this case.

If you're truly interested in what he's saying and what context it was in, find out and listen for yourself. He's not the "douchecanoe" you say he is. I can say that with confidence because I've actually listened to him myself.

It's free radio and won't cost you a thing.

That's fine. Perhaps you can explain how I've taken Rush out of context in regard to his words about Robin Williams and explain to me how what he said doesn't qualify him as a first rate douchecanoe?

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Holy cow Jim. That woman is the worst of the worst.
She will look you straight in the eye and tell you a blatant lie and do it without shame.

Yep, her and Pelosi are the worst of the worst. Both need lobotomies.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Has anyone defended the words he stated in this thread? Has anyone stated it was wrong?
Yes - plenty are defending him. Only Dragon has directly repudiated Rush's words.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Perhaps you can explain how I've taken Rush out of context in regard to his words about Robin Williams and explain to me how what he said doesn't qualify him as a first rate douchecanoe?

Read what Rush wrote, listen to the audio, read the transcripts. While I stated he was an asshole for stating this - now that I read what he really stated, and context included, I think it's different than just the statement in the title.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM

Yes - plenty are defending him. Only Dragon has directly repudiated Rush's words.

Sounds to me like I stated what he said was absolute crap.

gabosaurus
08-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Everyone who makes a statement they regret is suddenly "taken out of context." Or subject to "deliberate misinterpretation" of what they said.
The best response is always "yeah, I said it, what about it?" Also known as taking personal responsibility.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Despicable Leftists Lie About My Comments on the Media Coverage of the Robin Williams Suicide

I was sent a series of links all spawned by Media Matters. Media Matters took it all out of context and then fed all these other outlets, and they ran with it. The upshot is that all of these media people think I am just a reprobate, a cold, heartless guy because I accused Robin Williams of committing suicide because he was a liberal. And I did no such thing. I don't know why he committed suicide. This is my point. And neither do they. They are the ones trying to tell us why. They are the ones trying to explain it. They are the ones justifying it. They are the ones glorifying it.

What I did yesterday was express some real concern over the fact that the way they are glorifying this -- and I made this clear that I'm not comfortable with the glorification of suicide. Life is too precious. We all only get one. And I was worried about this, the coverage of all this leading to copycats, people wanting to get the same kind of treatment in the media, in the pop culture media. People seeking the same kind of laudatory coverage, greatness, genius, all of this stuff. I thought it was irresponsible the way this was being covered yesterday because they don't know, either, why he committed suicide.

So what I did was analyze the coverage, which is what I do every day on this program, is analyze who the left is. I didn't presume to know why Robin Williams committed suicide. I didn't know yesterday, and I don't know today. But they do. They claim to know. All these people giving me the business claim they know why. And it was that that I was analyzing.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/13/despicable_leftists_lie_about_my_comments_on_the_m edia_coverage_of_the_robin_williams_suicide

Good grief - the man simply cannot stop lying about liberals. No one on the left is glorifying suicide. FFS, he's completely psychotic.

And no one is claiming to know why either except some bat shit crazy assholes from some Right To Life organization who are blaming it on an abortion his girlfriend had in the 1970s.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Sounds to me like I stated what he said was absolute crap.

I see it now. But, you took it back here:

Read what Rush wrote, listen to the audio, read the transcripts. While I stated he was an asshole for stating this - now that I read what he really stated, and context included, I think it's different than just the statement in the title.

So, there is that.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Good grief - the man simply cannot stop lying about liberals. No one on the left is glorifying suicide. FFS, he's completely psychotic.

And no one is claiming to know why either except some bat shit crazy assholes from some Right To Life organization who are blaming it on an abortion his girlfriend had in the 1970s.

And yet some would run and try to claim he stated Williams killed himself due to the leftist world view - and that is stated nowhere - a stretch is made to link them - he NEVER stated as much, at least I can't see it in the transcripts, and that makes his followup on target.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Well, lemongrass's comments here have had one positive outcome:

I have been introduced to the word 'douchecanoe'.:laugh:

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
I see it now. But, you took it back here:

So, there is that.

Yes, after I read the transcripts and see the title of this thread and the article stretching things, and that he never stated "Robin Williams killed himself due to a leftist world view". Even I can be taken in with out of context and incorrect quotes at times.

Nonetheless, when we paint with a huge brush, we should read the responses first. :)

fj1200
08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
What did I miss?

Pretty much the rest of the transcript of what he actually said.

Of course not, but that's not what he said anyway. The thread title says "due to" which is nowhere in the actual transcript of the show. But one shouldn't be surprised when a political commentator comments on things political.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Of course not, but that's not what he said anyway. The thread title says "due to" which is nowhere in the actual transcript of the show. But one shouldn't be surprised when a political commentator comments on things political.

Ding ding ding :clap:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Yes, after I read the transcripts and see the title of this thread and the article stretching things, and that he never stated "Robin Williams killed himself due to a leftist world view". Even I can be taken in with out of context and incorrect quotes at times.

Nonetheless, when we paint with a huge brush, we should read the responses first. :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I took the thread title from that liberal rag, The Washington Times. ;)

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:11 PM

There's plenty more where that came from. :cool:

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I took the thread title from that liberal rag, The Washington Times. ;)

Never stated otherwise! But then you were also duped by the title, and re-posted it, as the title is wrong and why myself, and others may have assumed that's what he stated. In other words, they are misleading readers because of their liberal slant.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
This is not true. While I haven't listened to his show, I have read transcripts. And, btw, here you are defending him while admitting you didn't listen to what he said. So which one is worse?

I am not defending him; he's completely capable of defending himself. I didn't offer an opinion of the Robin Williams suicide, rather, I questioned the logical validity of your reasons for your utter contempt for the man without ever hearing his voice. He is a Radio Personality, and his voice is his vehicle. He is not a blogger or an author.

Transcripts aren't always accurate in their delivery, as I'm sure everyone is aware. Sarcasm, humor, innuendo, even anger can give words a completely different meaning.

Being right on occasion doesn't mean he isn't a total asshole.

Where did you get that opinion? Media Matters? How do you know he's only right on occasion if you've never listened to him?

Have you read all the transcripts of his shows? No? What are you basing that statement on? Who told you he's only occasionally correct? Have they listened to him?

See where I'm going with this?

Except that's not what I said. I'm perfectly content to read someone's words because I can do it a lot faster. And you have yet to tell me how context matters in this case.

Jim already did. Read up.

That's fine. Perhaps you can explain how I've taken Rush out of context in regard to his words about Robin Williams and explain to me how what he said doesn't qualify him as a first rate douchecanoe?

See above.

Jeff
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Totally agree with you. My husband enjoys Rush, so I listen to him occasionally. Sometimes I wonder why a man who is obviously as smart as Rush gets lost trying to make headlines and create publicity for himself.

Because he is putting a show on, I Like Rush but I don't take everything he says as Gospel, he is putting a show on for Conservatives so that is the way he going to spin things. AS for the publicity and headlines I think they all do this.

fj1200
08-13-2014, 01:19 PM

But he wasn't even doing that here.

Perhaps you could point out where you took Rush in context that qualifies him as a douchcanoe especially in context of his explanation in post #37.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM

Agreed. That is a beauty!

Jeff
08-13-2014, 01:24 PM
There's plenty more where that came from. :cool:

Of course there is you are a liberal :laugh: J/K

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Never stated otherwise! But then you were also duped by the title, and re-posted it, as the title is wrong and why myself, and others may have assumed that's what he stated. In other words, they are misleading readers because of their liberal slant.
Are you saying the Washington Times has a liberal slant?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Where did you get that opinion? Media Matters? How do you know he's only right on occasion if you've never listened to him?

I'm a liberal. Why would I agree with him on anything?

Have you read all the transcripts of his shows? No? What are you basing that statement on? Who told you he's only occasionally correct? Have they listened to him?

I see exactly where you are going. You are saying you have no opinion regarding Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Al Sharpton or Chris Matthews because you haven't read all of the transcripts of their shows. [/quote]

See where I'm going with this?

I do and don't agree with you. I think a person can make a judgment about another by listening to enough of what they say to understand that you have nothing in common with them and that they are on the opposite side of the political spectrum from you and that they are an obnoxious pill popping gasbag. And see, I was really nice because I didn't even mention Rush's affinity for Dominican rent boys. ;)

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Are you saying the Washington Times has a liberal slant?

Nope, I'm just guilty of assuming that the title was written by someone with a liberal slant, based on the glaring injection of "due to". I honestly don't know crap about that paper/site, but I do know I have used them as a source before, so I would be a flaming hypocrite. Perhaps different writers? I'm dumbfounded as to how that title made it past any editor or whomever is in charge. That's a HUGE difference with those 2 little words in there, and I would bet my last K-cup of coffee that it was put there on purpose.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Nope, I'm just guilty of assuming that the title was written by someone with a liberal slant, based on the glaring injection of "due to". I honestly don't know crap about that paper/site, but I do know I have used them as a source before, so I would be a flaming hypocrite. Perhaps different writers? I'm dumbfounded as to how that title made it past any editor or whomever is in charge. That's a HUGE difference with those 2 little words in there, and I would bet my last K-cup of coffee that it was put there on purpose.
The Washington Times is extremely right leaning - so much so, I'm surprised they don't tip over.

DragonStryk72
08-13-2014, 01:52 PM

Um, yeah, no. Gee, you mean he's gotten more critical of fake conservative just as the popular republican faction has gotten critical of fake conservatives.

And no, we're not liberals who want to be rich, smoke pot, and never employ military. Look at my screenname, now look at my affiliation, now look at the Navy tag. Do you really believe I'm going in for an anti-military stance? I don't care about being rich, it'd be nice, but not likely to happen, and I don't smoke pot, but am pro-legalization (it's illegality is stupid, seeing as it is less harmful and less addictive than either alcohol or tabacco.)

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
The Washington Times is extremely right leaning - so much so, I'm surprised they don't tip over.

Probably why I so easily remembered using them as a source previously! :coffee:

Maybe they hired a liberal? :poke:

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm a liberal. Why would I agree with him on anything?

How do you know you wouldn't? Much of what he says is common sense. I'm pretty sure you'd find yourself surprised.

I see exactly where you are going. You are saying you have no opinion regarding Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Al Sharpton or Chris Matthews because you haven't read all of the transcripts of their shows.

I have watched all of them extensively with the exception of O'Donnell. I made my own opinions of them based on what I learned by watching their rabid rants on TV, which is their chosen media - I did NOT make a judgement call as to their character & statements by reading transcripts or taking anyone else's word for it.

I do and don't agree with you. I think a person can make a judgment about another by listening to enough of what they say to understand that you have nothing in common with them and that they are on the opposite side of the political spectrum from you and that they are an obnoxious pill popping gasbag. And see, I was really nice because I didn't even mention Rush's affinity for Dominican rent boys. ;)

That's just it. You've never listened to him.

The pill-popping thing is a low blow. He found himself addicted and recovered. Millions of Americans have found themselves in the same situation, and he was strong enough to correct the problem after seeking treatment. My brother has been on Oxycodone for a couple years now for his ankle and of course is hopelessly addicted - but still has to take them for the pain. Does that make him an asshole and mean he should be berated for it for the rest of his life?

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 01:58 PM

That's what Jim said in the post above yours. He said that he doesn't listen, because of 'the hateful shit,' but the guy's political comments are in sync with many.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:06 PM
How do you know you wouldn't? Much of what he says is common sense. I'm pretty sure you'd find yourself surprised.

Not to sound closed minded, but I'm not apt to agree with someone who would ever use the word "slut" when describing a woman. But, that's just me.

That's just it. You've never listened to him.

I never said that I never listened to him. I said I didn't listen to this broadcast. I've heard enough to know that he's a gas bag.

The pill-popping thing is a low blow. He found himself addicted and recovered. Millions of Americans have found themselves in the same situation, and he was strong enough to correct the problem after seeking treatment. My brother has been on Oxycodone for a couple years now for his ankle and of course is hopelessly addicted - but still has to take them for the pain. Does that make him an asshole and mean he should be berated for it for the rest of his life?

Actually, it wasn't a low blow at all given Limbaugh's statements regarding addicts other than himself. And no, your brother's situation is nothing at all like Limbaugh's except for the addition part because I'm pretty convinced just by our brief encounters that your parents didn't raise their children to look down on others.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be
convicted and they ought to be sent up."
-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2003/10/12/16528341.php

Rush was all fine and good looking down on addicts until it happened to him. That, in my book, makes him fair game. Your brother? Not so much. Unlike the Rush of the 1990s, I don't believe your brother should be in prison.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Probably why I so easily remembered using them as a source previously! :coffee:

Maybe they hired a liberal? :poke:
Yeah, that's right...blame it on the liberals! :smoke:

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Not to sound closed minded, but I'm not apt to agree with someone who would ever use the word "slut" when describing a woman. But, that's just me.

I've never heard him use the term 'slut' when talking about any woman. Enlighten me!

I never said that I never listened to him. I said I didn't listen to this broadcast. I've heard enough to know that he's a gas bag.

If you really have listened to him, and not sound bites taken and posted on the 'net, then I apologize and stand corrected.

Actually, it wasn't a low blow at all given Limbaugh's statements regarding addicts other than himself. And no, your brother's situation is nothing at all like Limbaugh's except for the addition part because I'm pretty convinced just by our brief encounters that your parents didn't raise their children to look down on others.

Limbaugh got hooked on prescription pain pills, just as my brother is currently hooked on them. That's why I used the similar example. They're powerful and extremely addicting and it's completely normal for a person to get addicted after using them for even a short time.

I personally think that it takes a certain personality to allow yourself to get hooked, but it is a normal event in that situation for most people and doctors are well aware of the problem.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be
convicted and they ought to be sent up."

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2003/10/12/16528341.php

Rush was all fine and good looking down on addicts until it happened to him. That, in my book, makes him fair game. Your brother? Not so much. Unlike the Rush of the 1990s, I don't believe your brother should be in prison.

I'm pretty sure that Rush is referring to the Heroin and Cocaine trade, in which case he is 100% correct with the statements above. Prescription pain pills and Heroin & Cocaine are completely different animals.

aboutime
08-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Everyone who makes a statement they regret is suddenly "taken out of context." Or subject to "deliberate misinterpretation" of what they said.
The best response is always "yeah, I said it, what about it?" Also known as taking personal responsibility.

Gabby. Democrats, Liberals, and leftist politicians have a knack for doing EXACTLY THAT. That's how they defend WHAT THEY INTENDED TO SAY.

Just like you.

DLT
08-13-2014, 02:29 PM

>snip<

Seems to me......that the odious gasbags....are the leftists that are putting out all of this propaganda, and are destroying the nation via their Destroyer-In-Chief, Obama (I call him little king barry).

Anybody that helps to combat the leftist gasbags is A-Ok with me. And yeah.....Rush is right!

DLT
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
And your opinion on Rush's words?

See below.

DLT
08-13-2014, 02:32 PM

Ain't it funny......how the truth, facts and reality.....

are always 180 degrees from what lefties bleat?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that Rush is referring to the Heroin and Cocaine trade, in which case he is 100% correct with the statements above. Prescription pain pills and Heroin & Cocaine are completely different animals.

He seems pretty clear here: And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Seems to me......that the odious gasbags....are the leftists that are putting out all of this propaganda, and are destroying the nation via their Destroyer-In-Chief, Obama (I call him little king barry).

Anybody that helps to combat the leftist gasbags is A-Ok with me. And yeah.....Rush is right!

I don't deal well in hyperbole. And, the site I used is considered to be extremely conservative, so your accusation about "leftist propaganda" missed the mark.

tailfins
08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't deal well in hyperbole. And, the site I used is considered to be extremely conservative, so your accusation about "leftist propaganda" missed the mark.

You may have referenced a conservative site, but Robin Williams' leftist views are only referred to as a contributing factor, a premise I agree with.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 02:47 PM
IMO, where the drug use starts matters a lot, and many, if not most, are patients that had/have some sort of pain. If Rush meant every person simply doing drugs, he was wrong. Maybe the comments were made prior to his addiction? The issue came about in 2003 or so, and he did in fact have back surgery which caused his pains to begin with, just not sure when that was. A lot of people underestimate what these pills can do. I found out the very hard way, from 10 weeks of being on them after a surgery, that the addiction is absolutely horrible, only made more horrible by the withdrawals you have when you cease using the drug. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 02:48 PM
I really wish that those with access to a microphone wouldn't put forth their political views.

Robin Williams was a comedic genius, evidence points to an intellectual one also. That he could and did extemporaneously knock out great political spoofs from both the right and left, showing both in the throes of pomposity, I don't think there's good arguments against either.

His range of languages and voices was incredible.

That he was haunted, that was observable even in the Mork and Mindy series, one of his earliest to large audiences.

If he'd not have commented on his personal beliefs, such as global warming, I doubt that the argument could even be raised about his suicide and 'leftist' views.

I really would like my 'entertainment' not crossing over with my politics. I pay directly for the first, long term for the second.

I choose to ignore the politics of Hollywood elite, when I'm paying I want to be entertained.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
He seems pretty clear here: And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

Again, that's taken out of context. He was talking about cocaine & heroin.

He admitted on his radio show that he was hooked on pain pills from a failed spinal surgery and was charged with one count of prescription fraud after being on those pills for many years.

He turned himself in to the authorities and faced the music, got clean and went back to work, and his record was expunged.

Why are you faulting the man for being on prescription narcotics for years and getting hooked? I don't think it's medically possible for anyone to eat those for years without being addicted.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I don't think it's medically possible for anyone to eat those for years without being addicted.

My Dad hurt his back like a month ago. He was prescribed the narcotics as well. He took them for less than 5 days for the pain. He had withdrawal symptoms and issues sleeping for a few days after ceasing the medication.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:59 PM
IMO, where the drug use starts matters a lot, and many, if not most, are patients that had/have some sort of pain. If Rush meant every person simply doing drugs, he was wrong. Maybe the comments were made prior to his addiction? The issue came about in 2003 or so, and he did in fact have back surgery which caused his pains to begin with, just not sure when that was. A lot of people underestimate what these pills can do. I found out the very hard way, from 10 weeks of being on them after a surgery, that the addiction is absolutely horrible, only made more horrible by the withdrawals you have when you cease using the drug. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I disagree with the idea that the initial reason for doing drugs as a factor. We've seen in the past couple of days just how far one will go to stop from being in mental pain. It can be as debilitating as physical pain. People self medicate for all sorts of reasons.

And yes, those comments were made prior to his own addiction. I guess it goes to show that Karma really is a bitch.

As for the rest of your post, I completely agree. There but for the grace of God go I, seems the appropriate sentiment. We're all walking a fine line. One of my best friends growing up became addicted to drugs, turned to prostitution and was killed by a serial killer. We had almost identical backgrounds growing up and yet, here I sit, middle aged, posting on the internet, getting ready to go home to my family.

I guess that's why I took offense to Rush's comments about drug use. It's all well and good until it happens to you or someone you love.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 03:08 PM
My Dad hurt his back like a month ago. He was prescribed the narcotics as well. He took them for less than 5 days for the pain. He had withdrawal symptoms and issues sleeping for a few days after ceasing the medication.

Yep.

I was on the pain meds for a few weeks this year, as you know, from the series of surgeries I had a couple of months ago. I could tell my body was craving them so I quit taking them as soon as I could tough out the pain. I think I slept for almost 2 days as my liver sorted things out, and was fine after that. I still have about 50 of them around here somewhere.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 03:10 PM
I disagree with the idea that the initial reason for doing drugs as a factor. We've seen in the past couple of days just how far one will go to stop from being in mental pain. It can be as debilitating as physical pain. People self medicate for all sorts of reasons.

And yes, those comments were made prior to his own addiction. I guess it goes to show that Karma really is a bitch.

You don't think it's a tad more understandable when someone is extremely addicted from needing to take the medication for an extended amount of time? I assure you, the people I speak of are on these because of REAL pain. Like when I had my disc literally protruding into my spinal cord in my neck, my first of 2 discs to go from degenerative disc disease. Self medicating? Different story, that's not someone being addicted because they were on the drug to begin with for a legitimate reason.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Yep.

I was on the pain meds for a few weeks this year, as you know, from the series of surgeries I had a couple of months ago. I could tell my body was craving them so I quit taking them as soon as I could tough out the pain. I think I slept for almost 2 days as my liver sorted things out, and was fine after that. I still have about 50 of them around here somewhere.

I was prescribed to take mine once every 4 hours for pain. By the end of the first day I was craving them. I should have dumped them right there, but while I craved them, they did relieve the pain. It's a double edge sword for sure. The key is all about tapering. I went cold turkey, and wanted to kill the doctors when they wouldn't help me and offered to prescribe me more. I was like "wtf? you guys are hearing a patient having issues with withdrawals, and want to freely give him more?" - but in hindsight, getting a prescription for another 5-10 and biting small pieces here and there would have eased the process and diminished the withdrawals. But in my head all I knew is that I wanted that stuff out of my body ASAP, assuming that thought process would somehow make me feel better quicker.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 03:18 PM
You don't think it's a tad more understandable when someone is extremely addicted from needing to take the medication for an extended amount of time? I assure you, the people I speak of are on these because of REAL pain. Like when I had my disc literally protruding into my spinal cord in my neck, my first of 2 discs to go from degenerative disc disease. Self medicating? Different story, that's not someone being addicted because they were on the drug to begin with for a legitimate reason.

I think everyone is different and everyone's pain threshold, whether it be emotional or physical, is different. It's funny that you mention a protruding disc in your neck because I had one as well. I took morphine pills for the same injury and was overdosing because I was continuing to work, but never became addicted. I'm shocked that I was able to put them down without issue considering the way I self medicated following the death of a close friend when I was in my twenties. So, I succumbed to mental anguish more easily than I did physical pain. Should I be judged?

Drummond
08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't have anything worthwhile to add to the debate as it's evolved here, thus far. All this is news to me, unsurprisingly, as very few Brits probably know who Limbaugh is, much less listen to him. I myself knew of him from years ago, & have listened to a couple of his broadcasts.

I consider him a good, solid Conservative figure who talks a lot of commonsense, although he's too bombastic for my taste.

All that aside, and to show how little of this is likely to have found its way outside of America ... we in the UK woke up to another claim about Williams's death entirely.

Simply .. he had severe money worries, and was facing bankruptcy. The efforts he'd made to generate sufficient income to cure his problems hadn't succeeded as he'd needed them to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722891/Robin-Williams-wrestled-demons-killing-himself.html

As he stepped out on stage last year to hawk his big TV comeback in front of advertisers, comedy great Robin Williams joked it was 'nice to have a job where the checks will clear.'

After making his name as the eccentric and beloved alien on 1970s TV hit Mork and Mindy, Robin transferred his attentions to Hollywood with a stream of box office hits.

But after acclaim and an Oscar, the movie career started to dry up and the actor signed up for CBS show The Crazy Ones, a small-screen comedy about a 'renowned and slightly unhinged' advertising genius/madman.

While undoubtedly a coup for the network - CBS President Nina Tassler called him 'the biggest get of the season, actually many seasons' and 'one of the defining comedy voices of our time' - Robin was quick to admit he took the gig for cash.

The star's off-the-cuff joke to the room of TV executives, it turned out, was not so funny - in fact, he was being serious. Behind the grin, Robin was dogged by 'serious money troubles' from two divorces that had prompted him to put a Napa home up for sale, and was struggling with depression.

In September 2013, Robin told Parade magazine: 'The idea of having a steady job is appealing. I have two [other] choices: go on the road doing stand-up, or do small, independent movies working almost for scale [minimum union pay].

'The movies are good, but a lot of times they don’t even have distribution. There are bills to pay. My life has downsized, in a good way. I’m selling the ranch up in Napa. I just can’t afford it anymore.'

The ranch he referred to was the 640-acre Napa Valley property that he originally quietly listed in 2012 for $35 million, but was officially put up for sale in April this year for $29.9 million.

Dubbed Villa Sorriso - Villa of Smiles - the estate is tucked into the Mayacamas Mountains between Napa and Sonoma. Today, a source confirmed to MailOnline the property has not yet been sold and remains on the market.

And yes, there were bills to pay. Robin's two divorces - his first from Valerie Velardi in 1988 and the second from Marsha Garces in 2008 - had reportedly wrecked his finances and cost him $30 million, according to sources including ABC News.

When asked if he had lost all his fortune, the father-of-three told Parade: 'Well, not all. Lost enough. Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it ‘all the money,’ but they changed it to ‘alimony.’ It’s ripping your heart out through your wallet. Are things good with my exes? Yes. But do I need that lifestyle? No.'

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
I think everyone is different and everyone's pain threshold, whether it be emotional or physical, is different. It's funny that you mention a protruding disc in your neck because I had one as well. I took morphine pills for the same injury and was overdosing because I was continuing to work, but never became addicted. I'm shocked that I was able to put them down without issue considering the way I self medicated following the death of a close friend when I was in my twenties. So, I succumbed to mental anguish more easily than I did physical pain. Should I be judged?

You should have become addicted to morphine and you were lucky not to!! And the relief/feelings you got from them when taking them for pain, was likely what made that your go to choice when self medicating. And self medicating due to severe mental anguish - still real pain and still a real medical issue. I think it's very similar, only there was an apparent interval between physical and mental pain. And absolutely no way I think you should be judged.

Fwiw, I have a more understanding view than most when it comes to people dealing with issues or difficulties, mental diseases and instances, and the self medicating that can come from it. I'm bipolar just like Robin Williams was.

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 03:50 PM
I really don't think that pain threshold or addiction is a 'right/left' issue. Shit, what idiocy! Nor is depression or bi-polar for that matter.

Some is genetic predisposition, some is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Really, guys. Let's agree that humans are fallible and often not their own best friend.

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 04:01 PM
I really wish that those with access to a microphone wouldn't put forth their political views.

Robin Williams was a comedic genius, evidence points to an intellectual one also. That he could and did extemporaneously knock out great political spoofs from both the right and left, showing both in the throes of pomposity, I don't think there's good arguments against either.

His range of languages and voices was incredible.

That he was haunted, that was observable even in the Mork and Mindy series, one of his earliest to large audiences.

If he'd not have commented on his personal beliefs, such as global warming, I doubt that the argument could even be raised about his suicide and 'leftist' views.

I really would like my 'entertainment' not crossing over with my politics. I pay directly for the first, long term for the second.

I choose to ignore the politics of Hollywood elite, when I'm paying I want to be entertained.

I agree 100%.

I refuse to watch any movie with Matt Damon in it because he's such a liberal puke. I liked him just fine until I heard some of the shit he said. Same goes for Sean Penn.

Clooney is a rabid moonbat, as well, and that's a shame... he's a very talented actor. He was awesome in Intolerable Cruelty with Catherine Zeta-Jones (and I'm still in love with her).

DLT
08-13-2014, 04:04 PM

If anything has missed the mark in this thread.....it's your attempt to put words into Rush's mouth that he didn't actually say.

But hey....nice try there. (no ceegar)

aboutime
08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
If anything has missed the mark in this thread.....it's your attempt to put words into Rush's mouth that he didn't actually say.

Xenalee. Welcome to the boards. Now, as far as offering any kind of support for Rush. I learned quite a while ago. There are so many people who actually despise, and hate Rush. YET...in most cases. Those who have the most hateful things to say about him admit...'they never listen to him'. Which tells me. Those are the same kinds of people who do NO thinking on their own. Allowing others to be their decision maker, and keeping them out of the threat range of being called Liberal, Angry names based on Liberal Hatred, and Pure Ignorance.

So. I keep my thoughts about Rush to myself. Saving all the expected aggravation it will churn up from those hate mongers who can't think on their own.

DLT
08-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Xenalee. Welcome to the boards. Now, as far as offering any kind of support for Rush. I learned quite a while ago. There are so many people who actually despise, and hate Rush. YET...in most cases. Those who have the most hateful things to say about him admit...'they never listen to him'. Which tells me. Those are the same kinds of people who do NO thinking on their own. Allowing others to be their decision maker, and keeping them out of the threat range of being called Liberal, Angry names based on Liberal Hatred, and Pure Ignorance.

So. I keep my thoughts about Rush to myself. Saving all the expected aggravation it will churn up from those hate mongers who can't think on their own.

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I love talking about Rush Limbaugh. Why, you ask? Because just the very mention of his name gives most lefties heartburn (among other physical and mental ailments...lol). For that reason alone....I'll talk about him all day if given half a chance....hehe.

aboutime
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM

I love talking about Rush Limbaugh. Why, you ask? Because just the very mention of his name gives most lefties heartburn (among other physical and mental ailments...lol). For that reason alone....I'll talk about him all day if given half a chance....hehe.

Thanks Xenalee. I agree. But trying it here tends to EXCITE certain members so much. Jim would have to move the thread to the CAGE eventually.

I used to listen to Rush almost every day after I retired from the Navy. Between noon, and three every day was becoming TOO MUCH for my wife to handle. It took her until Obama was elected to actually become involved, and interested in listening to Rush.

She knows now. When we speak of IDIOTS, STUPID, and IGNORANT. The facts are correct when, and before Rush dares to speak about them. Namely, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, Leftists, and the Perpetually STUPID who suffer from GULLIBILITY to lies from Obama.

Just watch the reactions to my words about Rush. You ain't seen nothin' yet. BUT..it sure will be fun.

Caliban
08-13-2014, 06:27 PM
What we know so far:

This entire charade of a story was incompetently cobbled together by employees of the George Soros-funded propaganda organization Media Matters.

This story is over.

Anyone who keeps pushing it probably also works for Media Matters either as an employee or a volunteer.

aboutime
08-13-2014, 07:10 PM
What we know so far:

This entire charade of a story was incompetently cobbled together by employees of the George Soros-funded propaganda organization Media Matters.

This story is over.

Anyone who keeps pushing it probably also works for Media Matters either as an employee or a volunteer.

Thanks Caliban. We should, and can call it "The Power of Liberal Lies, and Propaganda".

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Except for the fact that I used a right wing source, I'd say your analysis is spot on!

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Except for the fact that I used a right wing source, I'd say your analysis is spot on!

...and the fact that it originated from Media Matters and a lazy reporter didn't bother to check the source.

tailfins
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

What's incredible is that Rush Limbaugh and his good friend Mark Levin are the good cop - bad cop of talk radio, with Levin being the "bad cop". I wonder why it is that it's Limbaugh that gets the slings and arrows. Maybe the government cheese consuming losers called "liberals" are too stupid to know the difference. Levin makes it a point to be an asshole towards liberals because they deserve it. I was drinking a soda and almost choked on it when Rush Limbaugh referred to Sandra Fluke as a slut; I bet Levin put him up to it.

Redrose
08-13-2014, 08:10 PM

I broke my back in 2004. Had surgery in '05 with rods, screws fused 3 discs. My pain management doc put me on fentynol. I used one patch and almost died from being unable to breathe. Horrible.

He then prescribed Oxycodone, 10 mg. I took four per day for six years. They stopped controlling the pain, so he wanted to increase me to six per day. I said no, and went cold turkey, flushed the remaining pills down the toilet. That was in 2010. No drugs from that point on. Not everyone can do that I've been told. But I don't have an addictive personality. I had 2-3 days of irritability, but nothing more than that. Best thing I ever did. Those drugs are over prescribed.

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 08:21 PM
I broke my back in 2004. Had surgery in '05 with rods, screws fused 3 discs. My pain management doc put me on fentynol. I used one patch and almost died from being unable to breathe. Horrible.

He then prescribed Oxycodone, 10 mg. I took four per day for six years. They stopped controlling the pain, so he wanted to increase me to six per day. I said no, and went cold turkey, flushed the remaining pills down the toilet. That was in 2010. No drugs from that point on. Not everyone can do that I've been told. But I don't have an addictive personality. I had 2-3 days of irritability, but nothing more than that. Best thing I ever did. Those drugs are over prescribed.

If one can do their job without pain meds, they should be gone. If one is laying in bed due to pain, one should have the meds.

If one is laying in bed high from meds, need rehab.

aboutime
08-13-2014, 08:35 PM
...and the fact that it originated from Media Matters and a lazy reporter didn't bother to check the source.

NightTrain. Media Matters is just another liberal spin-off from what was the loud, Moveon.org George Soros put together, while laying his claim to the Democrat party in Congress.

Look at how all of the liberal, so-called media has been attacking Limbaugh for years by creating their own FALSE FACTS to justify their lies.

Jeff
08-13-2014, 09:13 PM

You can't take even legal scripts for long without getting addicted, yes I know this first hand.

DLT
08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
What's incredible is that Rush Limbaugh and his good friend Mark Levin are the good cop - bad cop of talk radio, with Levin being the "bad cop". I wonder why it is that it's Limbaugh that gets the slings and arrows. Maybe the government cheese consuming losers called "liberals" are too stupid to know the difference. Levin makes it a point to be an asshole towards liberals because they deserve it. I was drinking a soda and almost choked on it when Rush Limbaugh referred to Sandra Fluke as a slut; I bet Levin put him up to it.

Well at the risk of sounding 'unfeministic'....I have to agree with Rush's assessment.

I mean... any female that can afford to go to law school at Georgetown ($40-50k/year), yet goes whining to Congress that she needs freebie (being provided by an insurance company and ergo, by consumers paying higher premiums in order to cover them) birth control because her needs total up to around $1,000 a year (when average birth control pills costs are maybe $9-10/month = $120/year), and because she CHOSE to go to that particular college that doesn't offer this particular coverage vs. another college that had insurance that would provide BC.....has to be at least as bad as a slut, and an ignorant one...at that, if not a downright ho. I know I wanted to slap the crap out of her...right off the bat...lol.

Gotta love Levin. That's right, I said it!

Jeff
08-13-2014, 09:35 PM

That is Fantastic !!!!

DLT
08-13-2014, 10:06 PM

Well here's the problem with your illogic.

Let's say that I, for instance, took an article from a leftist source or journalist that was highly critical of Hillary (whom I admit I detest)....and that in fact made an outright lie about something she supposedly said....even though transcripts of her words proved otherwise...

and let's say that I reposted the article anyway. Would I be "off the hook" re: credibility based on the fact that it was from a leftist source? Uh...no. That's not how things work in the real world. It's called integrity and honesty.

Jeff
08-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Well here's the problem with your illogic.

Let's say that I, for instance, took an article from a leftist source or journalist that was highly critical of Hillary (whom I admit I detest)....and that in fact made an outright lie about something she supposedly said....even though transcripts of her words proved otherwise...

and let's say that I reposted the article anyway. Would I be "off the hook" re: credibility based on the fact that it was from a leftist source? Uh...no. That's not how things work in the real world. It's called integrity and honesty.

I liked this simply because I have been caught this way myself and those that caught me didn't care where I got the info just the fact that I was wrong.

Noir
08-14-2014, 04:12 AM
Using someones mental heath issues, and suicide, to 'score' political points. Very classy Mr Limbaugh.

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Using someones mental heath issues, and suicide, to 'score' political points. Very classy Mr Limbaugh.

No different than the president of the USA commenting as well. If anyone thinks Obama loses sleep over this is naive. He commented and made a release for political brownie points. Like I stated earlier, it's a monster sized celebrity, it IS going to be discussed. And it IS being discussed by ALL pundits on ALL stations, not just by Limbaugh. Some chose to make a bigger deal out of his comments and bring this out into the spotlight for THEIR political gain as well. I can put quite a large handful of links here showing people all over chiming in, from how "selfish" he was, how it was drugs, family life, bankruptcy, depression... - and EVERY one of these stories is made for some sort of gain. EVERY one of them.

Noir
08-14-2014, 07:38 AM
No different than the president of the USA commenting as well. If anyone thinks Obama loses sleep over this is naive. He commented and made a release for political brownie points. Like I stated earlier, it's a monster sized celebrity, it IS going to be discussed. And it IS being discussed by ALL pundits on ALL stations, not just by Limbaugh. Some chose to make a bigger deal out of his comments and bring this out into the spotlight for THEIR political gain as well. I can put quite a large handful of links here showing people all over chiming in, from how "selfish" he was, how it was drugs, family life, bankruptcy, depression... - and EVERY one of these stories is made for some sort of gain. EVERY one of them.

There is a difference in making a respectful comment about someones death, and saying that their death was caused by *insert political cause here*. Would you not agree?

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 07:40 AM
There is a difference in making a respectful comment about someones death, and saying that their death was caused by *insert political cause here*. Would you not agree?

Except that he never stated his death was caused by a political cause, the "due to" part is false in the title, never stated. Did you read the entire transcripts? He never stated what you are implying. He spoke of his death, and the coverage and politics is all.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 07:48 AM
What did Obama say that was political?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Except that he never stated his death was caused by a political cause, the "due to" part is false in the title, never stated. Did you read the entire transcripts? He never stated what you are implying. He spoke of his death, and the coverage and politics is all.
What do you think he meant by this:

He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn't." Now, what is the left's worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it's one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They're never happy, are they? They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry.

Please explain how he's not blaming Williams' suicide on his "leftist worldview"

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 07:55 AM
What did Obama say that was political?

Oh please, EVERY president that speaks out on personal things does so for brownie points and politics. If you think otherwise, I think you might be a tad naive.

Please explain how he's not blaming Williams' suicide on his "leftist worldview"[/FONT][/COLOR]

He asked about a leftists world view and NEVER stated this was why he committed suicide. The "due to" was outright false and you're still trying to connect that lie.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Oh please, EVERY president that speaks out on personal things does so for brownie points and politics. If you think otherwise, I think you might be a tad naive.

Okay, so he didn't make it about politics. Thanks.

He asked about a leftists world view and NEVER stated this was why he committed suicide. The "due to" was outright false and you're still trying to connect that lie.

He asks a question and then answers his own question. Again, what was the point he was trying to make? Please explain it to me.

Noir
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM

Please explain how he's not blaming Williams' suicide on his "leftist worldview"[/FONT][/COLOR]

Reading through the transcripts, this connection is poor at best. Too much assumption required. If Lumbaugh was trying to state the suicide was caused by Williams world view, he worded it very badly.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Reading through the transcripts, this connection is poor at best. Too much assumption required. If Lumbaugh was trying to state the suicide was caused by Williams world view, he worded it very badly.
The problem with Rush Limbaugh is that he manages to leave himself wiggle room and there's always plausible deniability. That's why I'm asking the people who actually listen to and understand the guy what they took away from his words.

Noir
08-14-2014, 08:15 AM
The problem with Rush Limbaugh is that he manages to leave himself wiggle room and there's always plausible deniability. That's why I'm asking the people who actually listen to and understand the guy what they took away from his words.

So there is, in your words, plausible deniability.

Also it's gonna seem a little ironic if you ( i assume not a Limbaugh fan) are trying to convince actual Limbaugh fans (or people that 'listen to and understand the guy') of what he means in what he says, and then argue with them if they do not take away from his words what you did...

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 08:20 AM
So there is, in your words, plausible deniability.

Also it's gonna seem a little ironic if you ( i assume not a Limbaugh fan) are trying to convince actual Limbaugh fans (or people that 'listen to and understand the guy') of what he means in what he says, and then argue with them if they do not take away from his words what you did...

I just asking what they took away from his words other than "he didn't say that." I think you should wait until I actually do something before you accuse me of doing it.

Noir
08-14-2014, 08:36 AM
I just asking what they took away from his words other than "he didn't say that." I think you should wait until I actually do something before you accuse me of doing it.

*browses through the last 7 pages*
...okay... 0,o

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 08:40 AM
*browses through the last 7 pages*
...okay... 0,o
Although, I will admit that I found it particularly hilarious that liberals, the liberal media, Media Matters and George Soros are all to blame for an article plucked from the uber-conservative, Washington Times. :laugh:

fj1200
08-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Although, I will admit that I found it particularly hilarious that liberals, the liberal media, Media Matters and George Soros are all to blame for an article plucked from the uber-conservative, Washington Times. :laugh:

You do know that it sourced Media Matters don't you?

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-14-2014, 09:28 AM
You do know that it sourced Media Matters don't you?

That still doesn't make it their fault.

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Okay, so he didn't make it about politics. Thanks.

You believe that, that's cool. I personally think the presidents are opportunistic about things like this and take advantage of it for brownie points. Kind of how Obama spoke out about Trayvon, as did Eric Holder about an investigation - and then they both did jack shit. If he CARED, he would have called the family or met with them in this instance. I would say the same if it were any president in office. But you're free to disagree!

He asks a question and then answers his own question. Again, what was the point he was trying to make? Please explain it to me.

He explained it already, and if you disagree, again, that's cool. But if you didn't agree when he stated it, and didn't agree with those that already answered this - then you simply disagree. I'm not going to go back and forth with opinions so that you can disagree and then say "thanks".

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 09:31 AM

Which ALL stemmed from the media matters article, which was pointed out to you quite a few times thus far, and even linked to in the article you posted.

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Did they or did they not state the "due to" <--- meaning Media Matters?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 10:08 AM

Which is one non-spiritual explanation for why they also want so desperately to destroy others' faith. Misery truly does love company.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Fj pointed that out on page one, but I'm not sure it was noticed.

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Fj pointed that out on page one, but I'm not sure it was noticed.

I didn't! But I did when he expanded on it on page 4. :)

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Re: Robin Williams

I don't think he killed himself directly because of his leftist worldview. And after reading Rush's transcript, I don't think he does either.

I do think there is a very plausible connection between the left's ever-growing secular/humanist/Socialist side, and ultimately feeling bummed by a realization that life is meaningless without God. And the further realization that, in the words of Mike Tyson, people suck. Therefore, utopia will never be.

Of course, that only applies to the intellectuals. The less-introspective masses may not know or care about any of that. But I suspect that Robin was both intelligent and introspective. IMO, too much introspection is a very bad thing.

Noir
08-14-2014, 11:20 AM
and ultimately feeling bummed by a realization that life is meaningless without God.

:rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 11:46 AM
:rolleyes:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1379348736/h68FEB2A4/

aboutime
08-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Re: Robin Williams

I don't think he killed himself directly because of his leftist worldview. And after reading Rush's transcript, I don't think he does either.

I do think there is a very plausible connection between the left's ever-growing secular/humanist/Socialist side, and ultimately feeling bummed by a realization that life is meaningless without God. And the further realization that, in the words of Mike Tyson, people suck. Therefore, utopia will never be.

Of course, that only applies to the intellectuals. The less-introspective masses may not know or care about any of that. But I suspect that Robin was both intelligent and introspective. IMO, too much introspection is a very bad thing.

Abbey. From most of the information we have been flooded with since Robin's passing. He was a very caring, warm-hearted man who's primary purpose in his professional, and private life was...TO LEAVE US SMILING at all costs.

Nobody can deny he managed to effortlessly do that so easily to all of us. But, his biggest challenge was being Human like everyone else.

He was able to hide his sadness, and worry behind his needs to hear ALL OF US LAUGH.
His idol was Jonathan Winters. When both of them passed. GOD BROKE THE MOLDS.

fj1200
08-14-2014, 04:01 PM

Fault? Interesting word here. Media Matters fault that they took words out of context? Reporter's fault that she ran with a false story line? Your fault for buying it without investigation?

Caliban
08-14-2014, 09:33 PM
It's ridiculous to compare Rush's actually interesting ruminations on secular progressivism and whether or not it makes suicide a more acceptable and even celebrated choice, and the hideous, ugly-as-all-hell celebrations by the progressive left whenever a notable conservative figure dies, falls ill or encounters any other misfortune. The comparison is ridiculous, the left is routinely and commonly FAR FAR more hateful and despicable than all but a few righties. We conservative are mere pikers when it comes to ugliness when it comes to vile, insensate hatred compared to the left.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306165-192F0218000005DC-764_634x422.jpg Young voices: Four girls hold banners reading 'Rejoice! Rejoice' during a celebration of the death of Baroness Thatcher in Brixton, south London

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306165-192FC140000005DC-94_634x686.jpg
Outraged: Brixton Ritzy cinema was also a target for the demonstrators. The cinema tweeted: 'Some the protesters/revellers have climbed up on our redograph and written their own messages, this is not our doing people!'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/08/article-2305760-192EB59A000005DC-35_634x717.jpg
Happy: A woman drinks from a bottle and holds a front page of a newspaper displaying an image of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher as she and others celebrate her death in Brixton, south London

1. (http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech) In 2007, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow announced his cancer had returned. Commentators on the left-wing Daily Kos website remarked, “the world would be better off without him”.
2. (http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech) Charles Karel Bouley offered these reflections for The Huffington Post before being gripped with second thoughts and deleting them:
I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya..”
. . . .
Now, I’ve been brutally honest above, and may have offended some, and for that I’m sorry. Again, I don’t want Tony Snow to suffer and die of cancer. But like many this morning, I had the thought.
3. (http://www.wnd.com/2007/03/40825/) A gem from Wonkette:

“Under the heading of ‘What goes around comes around’, the cancer in Tony Snow is removing the cancer of Tony Snow from the national scene,” wrote TDoff on the D.C. gossip site Wonkette.com.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/04/its-not-because-breitbart-was-combative/#ixzz3AQMV1Zkc

Caliban
08-14-2014, 09:37 PM
So you know what, lefties, you have taught me well. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. From now on I will smile and celebrate every time a leftist kills himself or gets cancer or otherwise kicks the bucket. Fuck y'all, as they say. Let's play it your way, lefties, it's more fun.:death:

aboutime
08-14-2014, 09:56 PM
So you know what, lefties, you have taught me well. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. From now on I will smile and celebrate every time a leftist kills himself or gets cancer or otherwise kicks the bucket. Fuck y'all, as they say. Let's play it your way, lefties, it's more fun.:death:

Caliban. And....we should not forget. Those people shown below doing the celebrating. Are, in all likelihood, the same people who celebrated when they heard the WORLD TRADE CENTER, and PENTAGON had been attacked.

But, we're not supposed to remember that kind of Typical, Liberal, Democrat Hatred Based on Pure IGNORANCE.

Redrose
08-15-2014, 03:24 AM
If one can do their job without pain meds, they should be gone. If one is laying in bed due to pain, one should have the meds.

If one is laying in bed high from meds, need rehab.

Well, I had to retire from the injury, my job required me to twist and bend too much. I had pain, when I stopped the pills, but limited my actions to deal with it. I still have pain, but it's second nature now and I can lie down when it gets too bad.

The pills never gave me a "high" and never took all the pain away. They just dulled it.

Noir
08-15-2014, 05:09 AM
Caliban. And....we should not forget. Those people shown below doing the celebrating. Are, in all likelihood, the same people who celebrated when they heard the WORLD TRADE CENTER, and PENTAGON had been attacked. But, we're not supposed to remember that kind of Typical, Liberal, Democrat Hatred Based on Pure IGNORANCE.

You think the typical liberal / democrat celebrated when they heard the WTC had been attacked?

Noir
08-15-2014, 05:11 AM

Someone's doing something distasteful, and i find that distasteful, so i will do it too.
Flawless logic.

jimnyc
08-15-2014, 05:49 AM
You think the typical liberal / democrat celebrated when they heard the WTC had been attacked?

I disagree as well. I think America stood 100% united for awhile there due to the attacks. It was weird, and pleasant at the same time for a few weeks, seeing the whole country united - even our politicians!!

It was some of the filthy bastards in Palestine and other Islamic countries that were so overjoyed that day.

aboutime
08-15-2014, 03:15 PM

Noir. Seems like your comprehension skills are lacking if YOU actually believe that. First. Show us how and where I said what you suggested.

How did you manage to twist that kind of thinking out of what my actual words were? Lowlife, and Brainless idiots are everywhere.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2014, 03:28 PM

No, I know they did not; I was here and very much listening to news reports. But I also know that they didn't take them long to lay blame on the United States ourselves for being attacked. For me, that is just about as bad.

Noir
08-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Noir. Seems like your comprehension skills are lacking if YOU actually believe that. First. Show us how and where I said what you suggested. How did you manage to twist that kind of thinking out of what my actual words were? Lowlife, and Brainless idiots are everywhere.

...am i the only one who reads that post that way?
I keep rereading the post and that's all i'm getting from it.
But if thats not what you meant, fairplay.

Drummond
08-15-2014, 04:05 PM
It's ridiculous to compare Rush's actually interesting ruminations on secular progressivism and whether or not it makes suicide a more acceptable and even celebrated choice, and the hideous, ugly-as-all-hell celebrations by the progressive left whenever a notable conservative figure dies, falls ill or encounters any other misfortune. The comparison is ridiculous, the left is routinely and commonly FAR FAR more hateful and despicable than all but a few righties. We conservative are mere pikers when it comes to ugliness when it comes to vile, insensate hatred compared to the left.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306165-192F0218000005DC-764_634x422.jpg Young voices: Four girls hold banners reading 'Rejoice! Rejoice' during a celebration of the death of Baroness Thatcher in Brixton, south London

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306165-192FC140000005DC-94_634x686.jpg
Outraged: Brixton Ritzy cinema was also a target for the demonstrators. The cinema tweeted: 'Some the protesters/revellers have climbed up on our redograph and written their own messages, this is not our doing people!'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/08/article-2305760-192EB59A000005DC-35_634x717.jpg
Happy: A woman drinks from a bottle and holds a front page of a newspaper displaying an image of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher as she and others celebrate her death in Brixton, south London

1. (http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech) In 2007, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow announced his cancer had returned. Commentators on the left-wing Daily Kos website remarked, “the world would be better off without him”.
2. (http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech) Charles Karel Bouley offered these reflections for The Huffington Post before being gripped with second thoughts and deleting them:
I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya..”
. . . .
Now, I’ve been brutally honest above, and may have offended some, and for that I’m sorry. Again, I don’t want Tony Snow to suffer and die of cancer. But like many this morning, I had the thought.
3. (http://www.wnd.com/2007/03/40825/) A gem from Wonkette:

“Under the heading of ‘What goes around comes around’, the cancer in Tony Snow is removing the cancer of Tony Snow from the national scene,” wrote TDoff on the D.C. gossip site Wonkette.com.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/04/its-not-because-breitbart-was-combative/#ixzz3AQMV1Zkc

Thanks for your post.

Those celebrating Margaret Thatcher's death were, and are, SCUM, PURE & SIMPLE.

But it has to be said ... if the Left have to show such despicable hatred for a Conservative leader, well over a decade after she lost her position of authority as PM .. in a sense, it's also a form of compliment. She really must've been doing something right, for her enemies to still have such a need to revile her !

aboutime
08-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your post.

Those celebrating Margaret Thatcher's death were, and are, SCUM, PURE & SIMPLE.

But it has to be said ... if the Left have to show such despicable hatred for a Conservative leader, well over a decade after she lost her position of authority as PM .. in a sense, it's also a form of compliment. She really must've been doing something right, for her enemies to still have such a need to revile her !

Sir Drummond. Funny to me. Seemingly the only American who recognized that newspaper's key word..."SOCIALIST". Something our Democrat, and Obama followers admire, and hope to ENLARGE here in the colonies.:laugh: