PDA

View Full Version : Gay illegal immigrants demand special treatment from Obama

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
So wait a minute, WHY would their lifestyle make them have criminal records? And the exclusion states "major crimes". Is someone forcing them to commit crimes? And why in the world should their crimes be ignored?

---

Gay immigrants are mounting a campaign to demand that they be included in any unilateral moves President Obama makes this year to halt deportations, arguing that they face unusual circumstances that otherwise might leave them on the outside.

The demands pose a tricky test for Mr. Obama, who has made major inroads with gay rights groups during his time in the White House, but who will have to draw lines somewhere as he seeks to craft a more lenient deportation policy without canceling deportations altogether.

“We hope that he evolves and he gets it right, and he can push for the broadest deferred action or administrative relief as possible,” said Jorge Gutierrez, an activist who made the case last week in an op-ed for the Washington Blade, a leading newspaper for gays.

Hispanic and immigrant rights groups want Mr. Obama to broaden his 2012 “deferred action” policy granting tentative legal status and work permits to so-called dreamers, or young adults who were brought illegally to the U.S. as minors, so it will include illegal immigrant parents whose children are either U.S. citizens or dreamers.

But the 2012 policy for dreamers excludes immigrants with major criminal records, and gay rights activists fear if Mr. Obama keeps those restrictions in place, it would end up excluding many members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community who, because of their lifestyles, end up with higher rates of criminal records, Mr. Gutierrez said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/gay-illegal-immigrants-demand-deportation-protecti/

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:42 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/gay-illegal-immigrants-demand-deportation-protecti/

^^^^^^^^^^That daggum liberal rag!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Okay. I'm finished laughin' at your source. Now, I'll go back and actually read the article.

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 02:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^^That daggum liberal rag!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Okay. I'm finished laughin' at your source. Now, I'll go back and actually read the article.

And that's EXACTLY why this story was found/posted! :)

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
And that's EXACTLY why this story was found/posted! :)
That's your story and you're sticking to it?

jimnyc
08-13-2014, 03:02 PM
That's your story and you're sticking to it?

If you're assuming I accidentally posted it, without being aware of the source, that would be a negative. I may not have actually giggle out loud when I saw the link though, but I definitely had a smirk on my face!

ANYway... Do you see any reason as to why the LBGT community would end up with higher criminal records, due to their lifestyles? And do you think they deserve deportation protection based on accumulating these criminal records?

grannyhawkins
08-16-2014, 08:53 AM
If you're assuming I accidentally posted it, without being aware of the source, that would be a negative. I may not have actually giggle out loud when I saw the link though, but I definitely had a smirk on my face!

ANYway... Do you see any reason as to why the LBGT community would end up with higher criminal records, due to their lifestyles? And do you think they deserve deportation protection based on accumulating these criminal records?

The ability to suck a golf ball through 50 feet a garden hose is not that lucrative of a career choice and drug use can take the edge off the conflictin moral psychological battle these fruit loops face with thar lifestyle choices. With that said, every last one a them illegal gimmygrants needs ta have thar law breakin arses removed from this country, as we are still a nation of laws!!!

aboutime
08-24-2014, 04:58 PM
After ONLY reading the Title of this thread, and nothing more.

I do believe ALL GAYS, immigrants or not, demand, and have gotten special treatment from Obama.

Which explains WHY Obama has been taking so many vacations. He's not only turning Gray...just drop the 'r", and see the result. :0) :)