PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Now Know What 'Monsoons' Mean In AZ

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 04:05 PM
The past 24 hours have been interesting. Some lightening and heavy downpours. In Phoenix and mountains, flash floods. Luckily here, just been rain, lightening, and some heavy and moderate downpours. The wash has been higher, but I took a pic when it wasn't raining:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6wcEKaEByac/U-vMZ4uVsKI/AAAAAAAAEaM/KZvm15v_fU4/w756-h567-no/20140813_133635.jpg

NightTrain
08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Those flash floods can be dangerous things. It's staggering how fast a trickle can turn into a torrent.

Did you try and see if there's any trout in there? :laugh:

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Those flash floods can be dangerous things. It's staggering how fast a trickle can turn into a torrent.

Did you try and see if there's any trout in there? :laugh:

Fish? I'm focused on scorpions and snakes! LOL!

Yeah, the idea of flash floods, without warning of downpours is spooky! That it could be raining in mountains and flooding out roads here? Weird and spooky!

hjmick
08-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Yeah, New Mexico is much the same.

Though where I was living, Rio Rancho, always seemed to have some sort of protective dome blocking out the rain...

I love the rain...

Kathianne
08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah, New Mexico is much the same.

Though where I was living, Rio Rancho, always seemed to have some sort of protective dome blocking out the rain...

I love the rain...

Sedona gets 'the rain' but it's mostly gentle, with great lightening shows! OTOH, looking to driving towards Phoenix in a few weeks for the airport and that scares me! The lower elevations seem to get all the rain runoff!

SassyLady
08-14-2014, 04:04 AM
Don't you just love it!!! I love monsoon season with all the thunder and lightning!!

How do you post video's from computer. I would show you a video of one that came across our driveway! Washed out most of it (most driveways out of city limits are dirt/sand).

Abbey Marie
08-14-2014, 12:28 PM
When I read the title, I thought I would see a picture of hundreds of illegals pouring over the border. ;)

Kathianne
08-14-2014, 01:01 PM
When I read the title, I thought I would see a picture of hundreds of illegals pouring over the border. ;)
LOL! There's that too!

NightTrain
08-14-2014, 01:12 PM
LOL! There's that too!

Holy crap, I broke the board!

jimnyc
08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Holy crap, I broke the board!

I don't think it liked the Iframe code in the manner in which you posted it!! Here's the text of your post, minus that of course:

Don't you just love it!!! I love monsoon season with all the thunder and lightning!!

How do you post video's from computer. I would show you a video of one that came across our driveway! Washed out most of it (most driveways out of city limits are dirt/sand).

1. Create free account on YouTube.

2. Upload to YouTube.

3. Under your video, you'll see hypertext that says 'Share'. Clicky!

4. Under that, you'll see 'Embed'... click on that and you'll see blue text starting with **deleted code that broke board! **

5. Copy that blue text and paste it here.

6. Win 'Member Of The Year' award from Jim.

7. Collect Pulitzer Prize.

8. ????

9. Profit.

NightTrain
08-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Looks like quotes don't nullify the command to embed.

It was probably the 'blahblahblah' part in the middle that pissed off the software.... I couldn't even modify or delete my post, even from the mod panel. Whew.

Lesson learned.