darin
06-21-2007, 10:56 AM
:D

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=306&stc=1&d=1182441370

Sitarro
06-21-2007, 10:11 PM

Ha ha very funny......wow..... you've convinced me, can I join that club.
How dare I make fun of the faggiest trend in photography yet. I wonder how much that cost Canon to sponsor an amateur "special needs" event like that (how many short buses were needed to transport all of those dildos). My only questions are, where are you in this snapshot of Canon lemmings and where's your car?

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM

What's wrong with Nikon?

shattered
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
What's wrong with Nikon?

Nothing. You had to be there.

As for D.. Now I gotta go spread some rep, cuz that was too damned funny.

darin
06-21-2007, 10:49 PM
What's wrong with Nikon?

Nothing, really. What we have is one member who flames and bitches and curses at Canon at EVERY opportunity, who can't take the joke.

It's true, however, the VAST Majority of sports photographers use Canon, as witnessed by the Extremely large quantity of "faggy white lenses" (Sitarro's opinion) at every major sporting event. :)

My biggest problem with Nikon cameras (not their lenses) is Really not a Nikon Issues - it's a Canon Issue. Across the board, Canon consistently out-performs Nikon in the area of High ISO image quality. Most people I've met choose Nikon for one of a few reasons:

1) To be different. Some folk associate Nikon with a 'true photographer's camera' because Canon is so well known.
2) Ergonomics. Often, Nikons simply feel better in the hands of users
3) Blind obedience.

Sitarro
06-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Nothing, really. What we have is one member who flames and bitches and curses at Canon at EVERY opportunity, who can't take the joke.

It's true, however, the VAST Majority of sports photographers use Canon, as witnessed by the Extremely large quantity of "faggy white lenses" (Sitarro's opinion) at every major sporting event. :)

My biggest problem with Nikon cameras (not their lenses) is Really not a Nikon Issues - it's a Canon Issue. Across the board, Canon consistently out-performs Nikon in the area of High ISO image quality. Most people I've met choose Nikon for one of a few reasons:

1) To be different. Some folk associate Nikon with a 'true photographer's camera' because Canon is so well known.
2) Ergonomics. Often, Nikons simply feel better in the hands of users
3) Blind obedience.

You're an idiot fanboy, go shoot some more snapshots of that ugly ass car.

darin
06-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Funny you go from these comments in my previous pic thread:

Classic shots D. Was that a some kind of scope or camera the men in black had next to them? Were these all shot with the same lens or did you ad a teleconverter?

Good one, how great to get that cherry blossom in full bloom....I sneezed it was so vivid. 100% crop!! Very clean!:clap:

I would take that lamp out too, no reason to keep it in....the landscapers blew it by not hiding it, no use ruining a great shot. You even got the flag blowing nicely.:salute:

To THIS Bullshit:

These snapshots were taken with thousands of dollars worth of equipment? Don't tell me, I'm sure the car is in there somewhere. You might want to invest in a decent computer system and CS3 to try and get a little color and interest in your "photography". You might also try shooting in RAW....... the auto settings aren't cutting it.

If you are better than me, Prove it. Post up some shit, Sitarro. Find your best three photos, I'll post my best three, and we'll let the voters decide.

Sitarro
06-21-2007, 11:06 PM

To THIS Bullshit:

If you are better than me, Prove it. Post up some shit, Sitarro. Find your best three photos, I'll post my best three, and we'll let the voters decide.

You've digressed, spent a lot of money to take cute snap shots....weak.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 11:10 PM

To THIS Bullshit:

:popcorn:

darin
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
:popcorn:

We should change the name of that smilie to :nm: :)

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
We should change the name of that smilie to :nm: :)

No, im just waiting to see the pics from both of you so I can judge :laugh2:

darin
06-21-2007, 11:14 PM
No, im just waiting to see the pics from both of you so I can judge :laugh2:

I know - but as you use that smilie more than anyone, perhaps we should re-name it after you :)

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
I know - but as you use that smilie more than anyone, perhaps we should re-name it after you :)

Then I would have to charge :laugh2:

darin
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM

For the record - 'some' is implied in 'more' - thus, 'some more' is redundant a bit. You could have created a more-efficient sentence by saying "...go shoot more snapshots of..."

Sitarro
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
What is funny about the first post in this thread is that if she is really using a Nikon then she is showing both creativity and a strong sense of individuality that none of the retarded lemmings are displaying(note that not only are they shooting with the same lens, they have the same shirt and are shooting in the same direction, looks typical of dufusses that believe every bribed article in generic digital camera magazine). Her shots are probably the best photographs, the others will just be amateurish snapshots of the same thing. Then again, who would waste any amount of time or effort shooting something like soccer.........all the shots will look exactly the same from the last game......who could possibly give a shit?

Again, where are you and where is your car?

shattered
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Yours?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/sitarromobile.jpg

darin
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
What is funny about the first post in this thread is that if she is really using a Nikon then she is showing both creativity and a strong sense of individuality that none of the retarded lemmings are displaying(note that not only are they shooting with the same lens, they have the same shirt and are shooting in the same direction, looks typical of dufusses that believe every bribed article in generic digital camera magazine). Her shots are probably the best photographs, the others will just be amateurish snapshots of the same thing. Then again, who would waste any amount of time or effort shooting something like soccer.........all the shots will look exactly the same from the last game......who could possibly give a shit?

Again, where are you and where is your car?

You missed it -

What's REALLY funny is the person MAY be using a Canon, but the JOKE is - the point of the pic - the VAST MAJORITY of sports photographers use/choose CANON lenses and probably canon bodies too. And what is funny by a secondary nature is your juvenile, insecure attempts to defend the Frickin MODEL OF CAMERA you love so much.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I personally like Kodak cameras.

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 06:40 AM
"Like, I've lost my Canon in the mud and the cheesy white lens isn't helping me find it, I still think it's like, really hot........really"

darin
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
"Like, I've lost my Canon in the mud and the cheesy white lens isn't helping me find it, I still think it's like, really hot........really"

Do you have a point worth debating?

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Do you have a point worth debating?

I did. I am the one that brought up how successful Canon has been at marketing hype. You even agreed by pointing out how "all" sports photographers are using Canons and you refered to this picture of a bunch of retards from a Canon sponsored class as proof. I submit that Canon gave away equipment to high profile photographers in order to capture the fanboy market. And as for the white lenses, what a cute story about the overheating of the lens..... if it is that sensitive to heat, what does humidity do to it. It would seem to be overkill if there is even any truth to it at all..... I don't believe that silly explanantion, who would want an expensive lens for outdoor use that is so sensitive(it would be like hiring a gay hiking guide). It is exactly what I said and they don't want to admit it because it would show them to be what they are, a company that makes good cameras that have a brilliant marketing division. They have spent a tremendous amount of money building a fan base, I would rather a company that spends it on research. They know that the public will notice the guys on the sidelines of the football game with the white lens that says.....I'm a pro and I use Canon..... you are the one that got so put out by my observations almost as if I was stating my opinion on the looks of a car. Why should you care what I think?

By the way, if you put that old administrative hat on for a moment...... isn't it against the rules to reveal what someone wrote to you in a private message? Just curious.

Jon
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure of your age, but weren't you around when Nikon lost their professional sports photographer market lead?

I've read that Nikon lost the sports market when Nikon and Canon AF first came to be. Canon's system was faster due to abandoning the old lens mount for the EF mount with AF motor in the lens. Once you become invested in a particular brand's system, it becomes cost prohibitive to switch sides unless there is a perceived advantage. Today, Nikon and Canon both have great focusing systems, but who wants to pay to switch?

I'd be willing to bet that painting the lenses with Fluorite elements white was originally an engineering decision. It is likely the primary reason today as well. Notice how Canon only paints their lenses with Fluorite elements white? If it were purely a marketing point, it would be very easy and inexpensive to paint all of their lenses white and cash in.

For the last 5ish years, Canon has thoroughly trounced Nikon with superior sensor technology. I think a lot of people jumped ship at that time as well. With their latest dSLRs, Nikon has pretty much caught up. It will be interesting to see if they are able to regain the market share they've lost this time around.

darin
06-24-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm not sure of your age, but weren't you around when Nikon lost their professional sports photographer market lead?

I've read that Nikon lost the sports market when Nikon and Canon AF first came to be. Canon's system was faster due to abandoning the old lens mount for the EF mount with AF motor in the lens. Once you become invested in a particular brand's system, it becomes cost prohibitive to switch sides unless there is a perceived advantage. Today, Nikon and Canon both have great focusing systems, but who wants to pay to switch?

I'd be willing to bet that painting the lenses with Fluorite elements white was originally an engineering decision. It is likely the primary reason today as well. Notice how Canon only paints their lenses with Fluorite elements white? If it were purely a marketing point, it would be very easy and inexpensive to paint all of their lenses white and cash in.

For the last 5ish years, Canon has thoroughly trounced Nikon with superior sensor technology. I think a lot of people jumped ship at that time as well. With their latest dSLRs, Nikon has pretty much caught up. It will be interesting to see if they are able to regain the market share they've lost this time around.

Don't try to talk to him in a rational way, Jon. He's irrational, bitter; casting pearls before swine you are.

Sitarro
06-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Don't try to talk to him in a rational way, Jon. He's irrational, bitter; casting pearls before swine you are.

Yea right, and you are an insecure fanboy that has to go through life telling everyone what an expert you are on everything that you have read a couple of magazines on. People that are really very good at what they do don't need to tell everyone constantly just how great they are. You post some snapshots and expect everyone to bow at your feet....... try learning a little about your craft rather than trying to buy talent.:fu:

darin
06-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Yea right, and you are an insecure fanboy that has to go through life telling everyone what an expert you are on everything that you have read a couple of magazines on. People that are really very good at what they do don't need to tell everyone constantly just how great they are. You post some snapshots and expect everyone to bow at your feet....... try learning a little about your craft rather than trying to buy talent.:fu:

And you sit there not posting ANYTHING. I gave you a chance to back up your claims. If you don't like my photos, you're free to not-like them. But since you have posted NOTHING remotely good, you can feel free to get up off the computer, walk outside and play a game of hide-and-go-fuck-yourself.

glockmail
06-24-2007, 12:46 PM
You've digressed, spent a lot of money to take cute snap shots....weak.
You're not backing away from the challenge, are you?

shattered
06-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Sitarro has already posted pics that he took, as has Darin. Anyone is free to look around the board, and see who has the better talent.

Hint: It ain't Sitarro, and he's the one that *supposedly* makes a living off it; albeit obviously not a good one, since he's pretty disgruntled at those who choose to buy better quality items because they can.

Sitarro
06-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Sitarro has already posted pics that he took, as has Darin. Anyone is free to look around the board, and see who has the better talent.

Hint: It ain't Sitarro, and he's the one that *supposedly* makes a living off it; albeit obviously not a good one, since he's pretty disgruntled at those who choose to buy better quality items because they can.

I just figured out who you remind me of shattered..... remember Bernadette Peters in the longest yard, the Wardens secretary with the beehive hair, dead ringer.

Sitarro
06-25-2007, 12:11 AM
And you sit there not posting ANYTHING. I gave you a chance to back up your claims. If you don't like my photos, you're free to not-like them. But since you have posted NOTHING remotely good, you can feel free to get up off the computer, walk outside and play a game of hide-and-go-fuck-yourself.

Rep comments/activity NOT allowed in a public Forum

Again I have to ask, shouldn't you ban yourself for posting a private message?

Private Messages - Any communication between members and/or staff via the private message system will remain private. Discussing of PM's on the forum without explicit permission will result in disciplinary action. The PM system should also not be used to harass other members.

darin
06-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Rep comments/activity NOT allowed in a public Forum

Again I have to ask, shouldn't you ban yourself for posting a private message?

Private Messages - Any communication between members and/or staff via the private message system will remain private. Discussing of PM's on the forum without explicit permission will result in disciplinary action. The PM system should also not be used to harass other members.

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't post a private message.

Sitarro
06-25-2007, 12:46 AM
You're not backing away from the challenge, are you?

Oh sure, I could be Ansel Adams and still not win in this setup. My work is my own and I will not have it judged by people I wouldn't listen to for advice on what soft drink is best. Besides, I've never claimed to be a great photographer, Dmp is the one that talks about how he "just kicks ass as a photographer", I have just been giving him a little constructive criticism for free. I am sorry that he can't handle it. It's too bad, one doesn't learn much from eliciting glory from people that just "love" everything that they do, hell, he can't even take criticism of the color of the equipment he chooses to buy.

I do shoot photographs as part of what I do along with illustration. I also do a lot of photoshop work on the shots I shoot of the golf courses I work on. Many times I will need to get work done in the fall or winter when the grass is dormant, I fix that along with better looking skies and water features. I don't claim to be an expert in Photoshop either, although I do make money with it.

This whole thing started on the other board when I was stupid enough to pass on what trends I have witnessed in photography( been shooting for 35 years) and the business, I never claimed to be an expert at that either( I have just been doing the work I do for 20 years) yet the attacks on my skill and knowledge have been ongoing for quite a while now.

So, no, I won't get sucked into this childish challenge by a child, I don't care. Everything would just be hunky dory if I would have done what everyone else does and tell dmp he is the most talented and smartest kid on the board, but it just aint true.

As for shattered, I became fed up with her attitude when she was so rude to Fuzzy. Fuzzy was obviously hurt a great deal by that assholes comments and hasn't returned. How fullish for her to think she could be part of the "cool" posters.That thread made me realize what a childish click exists here on this board and they have way too much power, I for one have found it just a bit boring and will spend more time on other things.

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Oh sure, I could be Ansel Adams and still not win in this setup. My work is my own and I will not have it judged by people I wouldn't listen to for advice on what soft drink is best. Besides, I've never claimed to be a great photographer, Dmp is the one that talks about how he "just kicks ass as a photographer", I have just been giving him a little constructive criticism for free. I am sorry that he can't handle it. It's too bad, one doesn't learn much from eliciting glory from people that just "love" everything that they do, hell, he can't even take criticism of the color of the equipment he chooses to buy.

I do shoot photographs as part of what I do along with illustration. I also do a lot of photoshop work on the shots I shoot of the golf courses I work on. Many times I will need to get work done in the fall or winter when the grass is dormant, I fix that along with better looking skies and water features. I don't claim to be an expert in Photoshop either, although I do make money with it.

This whole thing started on the other board when I was stupid enough to pass on what trends I have witnessed in photography( been shooting for 35 years) and the business, I never claimed to be an expert at that either( I have just been doing the work I do for 20 years) yet the attacks on my skill and knowledge have been ongoing for quite a while now.

So, no, I won't get sucked into this childish challenge by a child, I don't care. Everything would just be hunky dory if I would have done what everyone else does and tell dmp he is the most talented and smartest kid on the board, but it just aint true.

As for shattered, I became fed up with her attitude when she was so rude to Fuzzy. Fuzzy was obviously hurt a great deal by that assholes comments and hasn't returned. How fullish for her to think she could be part of the "cool" posters.That thread made me realize what a childish click exists here on this board and they have way too much power, I for one have found it just a bit boring and will spend more time on other things.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

darin
06-25-2007, 03:59 AM

You're losing your mind. I never brag about my work. I post my photos here. Jon is my biggest (and best) critic. You, OTOH come across as a loud-mouth drunk. You snap from supporter to asshole - like the waves of the sea. It's pathetic, and uncalled for.

shattered
06-25-2007, 06:13 AM

THAT'S what all thiis shit's about? The fact that someone asked for opinions by posting in a public forum on an uncensored board, got what they asked for, and YOU'RE having a fucking hissy fit for someone else, but have the nerve to imply Gunny's fighting my battles for ME?! That's why you're trolling me around the board whether I happen to be participating in any given thread or not?

Get a grip. Put the freakin bottle down, and just get a grip. Your obsession with other people is downright spooky.

And WTH is "fullish"? Or, did you mean "foolish"?

Pale Rider
06-25-2007, 06:57 AM
I just figured out who you remind me of shattered..... remember Bernadette Peters in the longest yard, the Wardens secretary with the beehive hair, dead ringer.

I've told her she reminds me of Bernadette Peters too, whom I think is hot.

So... this picture taking thing... I'll settle this right now... "I" am the best photographer here... :laugh:

glockmail
06-25-2007, 07:46 AM
.....As for shattered, I became fed up with her attitude when she was so rude to Fuzzy. Fuzzy was obviously hurt a great deal by that assholes comments and hasn't returned. .... . I agree she is a bitch.

glockmail
06-25-2007, 07:47 AM
THAT'S what all thiis shit's about? The fact that someone asked for opinions by posting in a public forum on an uncensored board, got what they asked for, and YOU'RE having a fucking hissy fit for someone else, but have the nerve to imply Gunny's fighting my battles for ME?! That's why you're trolling me around the board whether I happen to be participating in any given thread or not?

Get a grip. Put the freakin bottle down, and just get a grip. Your obsession with other people is downright spooky.

And WTH is "fullish"? Or, did you mean "foolish"?

So typical of bitchiness. Must be that time of the month? :poke:

shattered
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
So typical of bitchiness. Must be that time of the month? :poke:

Wow. Someone that doesn't like me calling me a bitch.

Gee, that hurts.

:rolleyes:

FOAD.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Things are certainly never dull here at DebatePhotography.com :terror:

glockmail
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow. Someone that doesn't like me calling me a bitch.

Gee, that hurts.

:rolleyes:

FOAD.

I don't like you because you're a bitch. :laugh2:

shattered
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't like you because you're a bitch. :laugh2:

You don't like me because I called you on a specific load of bullshit about another poster who happens to be a friend of mine that you tried to pass off as legitimate.

glockmail
06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
You don't like me because I called you on a specific load of bullshit about another poster who happens to be a friend of mine that you tried to pass off as legitimate. Don't flatter yourself. I don't like you because you're a bitch, as demonstrated by your "stop it" and "creepy" posts. You can dish it out but crawl back into your spider hole when dished back. In fact, I think that you don't like you because you're a bitch.

shattered
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't flatter yourself. I don't like you because you're a bitch, as demonstrated by your "stop it" and "creepy" posts. You can dish it out but crawl back into your spider hole when dished back. In fact, I think that you don't like you because you're a bitch.

You're a sad little liar.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/smilies-29231.png

glockmail
06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
You're a sad little liar.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/smilies-29231.png Truth hurts, don't it?

I say this for you're own good. Stop the bitchiness and you'd be a happier person, and people would tolerate you, maybe like you even. Even me.

shattered
06-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Truth hurts, don't it?

I say this for you're own good. Stop the bitchiness and you'd be a happier person, and people would tolerate you, maybe like you even. Even me.

This from a 40-something year old father/husband who pretends to be female on the internet? You know.. if I'm going to strive for someone to "like" me, I'm going to set my standards quite a bit higher....

glockmail
06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
This from a 40-something year old father/husband who pretends to be female on the internet? You know.. if I'm going to strive for someone to "like" me, I'm going to set my standards quite a bit higher....
Here comes the bitch again. A lying bitch this time. You really need to grow up.

shattered
06-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Here comes the bitch again. A lying bitch this time. You really need to grow up.

You know the truth, and you know I'm right. Thus, the immediate "bitch attack" again..

My point has obviously been made, now go piss up a rope. :)

glockmail
06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
You know the truth, and you know I'm right. Thus, the immediate "bitch attack" again..

My point has obviously been made, now go piss up a rope. :) I know the truth as I just then plainly stated. You are free to prove me wrong.

And again- its no attack. I'm simply calling a spade a spade.

Sitarro
06-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Amazing, I was checking out the definition of an ass on Merriam-Webster and was shocked to see how up to date they are............

ass
Pronunciation:
\?as\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English assa, probably from Old Irish asan, from Latin asinus
Date:
before 12th century
1: any of several hardy gregarious African or Asian perissodactyl mammals (genus Equus) smaller than the horse and having long ears; especially : an African mammal (East asinus) that is the ancestor of the donkey
2: sometimes vulgar : a stupid, obstinate, or perverse person <made an ass of himself> — often compounded with a preceding adjective <don't be a smart-ass>
3: shattered

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

shattered
06-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Amazing, I was checking out the definition of an ass on Merriam-Webster and was shocked to see how up to date they are............

ass
Pronunciation:
\?as\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English assa, probably from Old Irish asan, from Latin asinus
Date:
before 12th century
1: any of several hardy gregarious African or Asian perissodactyl mammals (genus Equus) smaller than the horse and having long ears; especially : an African mammal (East asinus) that is the ancestor of the donkey
2: sometimes vulgar : a stupid, obstinate, or perverse person <made an ass of himself> — often compounded with a preceding adjective <don't be a smart-ass>
3: shattered

Wow.. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Not bad for just a few days worth of thought.

:clap::clap::clap:

glockmail
06-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Wow.. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Not bad for just a few days worth of thought.

Piss poor response from 8.5 hours of contemplation. :pee:

shattered
06-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Piss poor response from 8.5 hours of contemplation. :pee:

Oh, you mean those 8 hours wherein people actually sleep? Just because the likes of you and Sitarro may be found here at 3am, doesn't mean anyone from a civilized society will be..

glockmail
06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Oh, you mean those 8 hours wherein people actually sleep? Just because the likes of you and Sitarro may be found here at 3am, doesn't mean anyone from a civilized society will be..

The brain never sleeps in humans. Are you admitting something here? :laugh2:

Sitarro
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM

Made me laugh, that was all I was shooting for....... maybe to get a grin out of Glock too.

glockmail
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Made me laugh, that was all I was shooting for....... maybe to get a grin out of Glock too. Great minds like yours and mine can appreciate wit, as well as an occasional recreational bitch-slapping. :cheers2:

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2007, 10:02 AM
When I get my insurance money from being robbed, I'm going to use some of it to get a new digital point and shoot camera. The one that was stolen was a Kodak Easy Share, which was pretty bulky for a smaller digital. I want to get a slim digi that I can stick in my pocket. I was thinking about getting an ELPH, but wasn't sure. I can tell that you guys are talking about bigger, pro-rigs, but I was wondering if you camera buffs had any opinions on point and shooters. What are the best ones? Which do you recommend?

Jon
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
When I get my insurance money from being robbed, I'm going to use some of it to get a new digital point and shoot camera. The one that was stolen was a Kodak Easy Share, which was pretty bulky for a smaller digital. I want to get a slim digi that I can stick in my pocket. I was thinking about getting an ELPH, but wasn't sure. I can tell that you guys are talking about bigger, pro-rigs, but I was wondering if you camera buffs had any opinions on point and shooters. What are the best ones? Which do you recommend?

This thread is a good start: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=4711

Of course, your needs and budget may be different. Post up what you're looking for in that thread, or another in the Photo forum, and we'll see what we can come up with.

glockmail
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
When I get my insurance money from being robbed, I'm going to use some of it to get a new digital point and shoot camera. The one that was stolen was a Kodak Easy Share, which was pretty bulky for a smaller digital. I want to get a slim digi that I can stick in my pocket. I was thinking about getting an ELPH, but wasn't sure. I can tell that you guys are talking about bigger, pro-rigs, but I was wondering if you camera buffs had any opinions on point and shooters. What are the best ones? Which do you recommend?I bought a Canon Powershot digital for work a few years back, dropped it in the New River during a canoe trip, dried it out and it still works. I just replaced the Lion battery and it cost me less than 10 bucks. I bought my wife their newer model two years ago- her first digital to wean her away from film, and she loves it.

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
This thread is a good start: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=4711

Of course, your needs and budget may be different. Post up what you're looking for in that thread, or another in the Photo forum, and we'll see what we can come up with.

Thanks for the thread link.

I bought a Canon Powershot digital for work a few years back, dropped it in the New River during a canoe trip, dried it out and it still works. I just replaced the Lion battery and it cost me less than 10 bucks. I bought my wife their newer model two years ago- her first digital to wean her away from film, and she loves it.

So that's one vote for the Canon Powershot--which is also one of the models I was looking at. Thanks.

Gunny
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Great minds like yours and mine can appreciate wit, as well as an occasional recreational bitch-slapping. :cheers2:

Yeah, it WOULD be like you to be all boastful about "bitch-slapping" a girl. Just about your speed. If y'all are done thumping each other on the pee-pee and giggling like adolescents, I'd like to know what the point is here.

Plain and simple, glock, you don't like shattered because she called you on the lie you were getting ready to tell because you couldn't keep me from handing you your ass any other way than resorting to that lie. Speaks volumes for whatever you have the nerve to call integrity.

Now, do you want to me to dig up a few folks who would be MORE than happy to attest to the fact that you impersonated a woman, or would you prefer to STAND THE FUCK DOWN and let sitarro and shattered handle their own fight?

glockmail
06-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it WOULD be like you to be all boastful about "bitch-slapping" a girl. Just about your speed. If y'all are done thumping each other on the pee-pee and giggling like adolescents, I'd like to know what the point is here.

Plain and simple, glock, you don't like shattered because she called you on the lie you were getting ready to tell because you couldn't keep me from handing you your ass any other way than resorting to that lie. Speaks volumes for whatever you have the nerve to call integrity.

Now, do you want to me to dig up a few folks who would be MORE than happy to attest to the fact that you impersonated a woman, or would you prefer to STAND THE FUCK DOWN and let sitarro and shattered handle their own fight?

Call in the Marines to protect poor Shattered.

I patiently await your minions to attest to the fact that I impersonated a woman.

Gunny
06-26-2007, 08:29 PM

Call in the Marines to protect poor Shattered.

I patiently await your minions to attest to the fact that I impersonated a woman.

Nobody called me. Just like nobody asked you to stick your fucking nose in. I've already punked your ass out on front of everyone on this board and USMB. You just like taking beatings, or what?

glockmail
06-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Nobody called me. Just like nobody asked you to stick your fucking nose in. I've already punked your ass out on front of everyone on this board and USMB. You just like taking beatings, or what?

You're a legend in your own mind, gunny. My ass has never been punked by the likes of you. (Whatever that means, lol!)

"Nobody called me." Sure. How pitifully predictable.:pee:

*(Changes avatar to piss you off*)

shattered
06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
You're a legend in your own mind, gunny. My ass has never been punked by the likes of you. (Whatever that means, lol!)

Actually, I haven't said a word to him. We don't talk about you..

However, since he's obviously lying, then I trust that means Sitarro called the likes of you in to help him defend himself against a girl. How sad and pathetic is *that*?

glockmail
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually, I haven't said a word to him. We don't talk about you..

However, since he's obviously lying, then I trust that means Sitarro called the likes of you in to help him defend himself against a girl. How sad and pathetic is *that*?

What's pathetic is you and your protector falling into my obvious trap. You both incorrectly assume that “call in the marines” means something more than a catch-phrase.

Then to compound your error you assume that Sitarro called me. :laugh2:

shattered
06-27-2007, 08:08 AM
You're the one that stated "Sure, how pitifully predictable" after quoting Gunny's "Nobody called me.", which anyone with even half an ounce of common sense and reading comprehension would see is just another way to state "Liar.".

Incidently, it really was unnecessary to go back and add the line "*changes avatar just to piss you off*" to your previous post, since your avatar was changed before you ever posted. The avatar you use is completely irrelevant too what's being discussed here.

So far, you've been called a liar by two people who know the same story, and since I heard MY version directly FROM YOU before I formed my opinion, I don't see where you have much ground to stand on.

You lied.
You got called on it.
*That's* why you don't like me.

You're just not man enough to admit it, so you have to twist it into some male need to "bitch-slap a bitch" just to show her who you think is boss.

glockmail
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
You're the one that stated "Sure, how pitifully predictable" after quoting Gunny's "Nobody called me.", which anyone with even half an ounce of common sense and reading comprehension would see is just another way to state "Liar.".

Incidently, it really was unnecessary to go back and add the line "*changes avatar just to piss you off*" to your previous post, since your avatar was changed before you ever posted. The avatar you use is completely irrelevant too what's being discussed here.

So far, you've been called a liar by two people who know the same story, and since I heard MY version directly FROM YOU before I formed my opinion, I don't see where you have much ground to stand on.

You lied.
You got called on it.
*That's* why you don't like me.

You're just not man enough to admit it, so you have to twist it into some male need to "bitch-slap a bitch" just to show her who you think is boss.

Actually I don't like you 'cuz you're a bitch. And bitches make defaming assumptions about people, use the excuses that you just made, then call that person a liar. :slap:

And I changed my avatar this morning between 7:32 am and 8:51 am (EST), as documented in my edit of post 63 below.

Gunny
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM

*(Changes avatar to piss you off*)

Hate to burst your bubble, but I take absolutely NO pride in having soundly thrashed your ass on more than one occasion because quite simply, you aren't my peer.

Just in case this zoomed over your head, I'm a member of this board and read what's posted. But feel free to post whatever unsubstantiated conclusion you wish, making you look all the more foolish.

Did sitarro come running to you and ask you to help him handle shattered? I seriously doubt it. If the answer's "no," then STFU. If you acted on your own, with half the balls and half the intelligence of any other normal, functioning human being, then it's a no-brainer I or anyone else can easily do the same.

glockmail
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but I take absolutely NO pride in having soundly thrashed your ass on more than one occasion because quite simply, you aren't my peer.

Just in case this zoomed over your head, I'm a member of this board and read what's posted. But feel free to post whatever unsubstantiated conclusion you wish, making you look all the more foolish.

Did sitarro come running to you and ask you to help him handle shattered? I seriously doubt it. If the answer's "no," then STFU. If you acted on your own, with half the balls and half the intelligence of any other normal, functioning human being, then it's a no-brainer I or anyone else can easily do the same. I love to burst your bubble, sweet cheeks. But your unsubstantiated claims of victory over me are pitiful, really. But I do agree, that you ain't my peer.

Just in case this zoomed over your head, feel free to post whatever unsubstantiated conclusion you wish about me that "call in the Marines" means that I tihink shattered notified you. It makes you look all the more foolish.

Gunny
06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I love to burst your bubble, sweet cheeks. But your unsubstantiated claims of victory over me are pitiful, really. But I do agree, that you ain't my peer.

Just in case this zoomed over your head, feel free to post whatever unsubstantiated conclusion you wish about me that "call in the Marines" means that I tihink shattered notified you. It makes you look all the more foolish.

That was WAY :lame2:.

You got only one thing right ... I'm not your peer. You would be in rahul's league, not mine.

glockmail
06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
That was WAY :lame2:.

You got only one thing right ... I'm not your peer. You would be in rahul's league, not mine.

As I recall the one with the target on his forehead would be you.:laugh2:

Gunny
06-27-2007, 08:33 PM
As I recall the one with the target on his forehead would be you.:laugh2:

You going to start shooting? Or just continue to blow hot air on me?

glockmail
06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
You going to start shooting? Or just continue to blow hot air on me? I'd shoot if a 200# weightlifter is running towards me in a threatening manner, screaming and neck veins bulging. :laugh2: