PDA

View Full Version : Wondering Why Obama Hasn't Been Impeached?

Redrose
08-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Look at the riots in Missouri. Plenty of White people get shot by police and minorities, most with little to no coverage. Hundreds are killed in Chicago and Detroit, Black on Black crime. Not news worthy it seems. But just look at Missouri this week. A Black was shot by police. All hell broke loose.

Does anyone still wonder why the House refuses to Impeach Obama? If successful, this nation would be ripped apart in a racial civil war. Many Blacks would insist he was ousted because of his skin color, not because he is a miserably bad president.

Impeachment is off the table, not because there is a lack of evidence to support it, but because our nation is too racially unstable to survive it.

NightTrain
08-15-2014, 12:58 AM
I don't know... I think if the Republicans take the Senate there'll be impeachment proceedings. Reid is protecting him as it is now.

Redrose
08-15-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't know... I think if the Republicans take the Senate there'll be impeachment proceedings. Reid is protecting him as it is now.

You are probably right, and I think he deserves to be impeached and removed but it scares me for the reasons I mentioned.

Perianne
08-15-2014, 03:35 AM
I remember the impeachment of Clinton. It backfired on the Republicans then and I fear it would backfire again.

SassyLady
08-15-2014, 04:23 AM
Are you sure you want Biden for president?

Jeff
08-15-2014, 05:42 AM

Bing Bing Bing give that man a cigar, I agree totally

I remember the impeachment of Clinton. It backfired on the Republicans then and I fear it would backfire again.

No Doubt the Republicans are gun shy, but after the Mid Term I think you will see them try it.

Are you sure you want Biden for president?

SL all I can say is :duh5: I think this guy is a bit smarter than Biden.

fj1200
08-15-2014, 08:06 AM

Fool's errand. They don't have anywhere near the votes to convict and would again result in the Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. If they gain control they should just go about passing their own agenda and dare BO to veto or obstruct.

NightTrain
08-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Valid points from all of you.

The House needs a simple majority to impeach. Removal from office would require 2/3 vote from the Senate.

That being said... I think Obama has engaged in dangerous activity as the president and has set a very bad precedence with circumventing law and procedures to get his way. Future Presidents will now have many examples to skirt the law and do whatever they feel like, and it's a slippery slope.

Isn't it a Congressperson's duty to adhere to the very laws that they've passed and hold accountable those that haven't? Shrugging and saying it won't go anywhere smacks of shirking duty. The rules should be followed by everyone and when they're not, especially in such blatant ways, it should be enforced.

What good are our Checks and Balances if the representatives charged with that duty refuse to Check and Balance?

And no, I cringe to think of Biden as President... that's unthinkable. Nevertheless, that shouldn't stop any proceedings. It doesn't say "Unless the VP is a complete blithering fool."

If Obama has shirked his duty by refusing to uphold the laws and faithfully execute them, and he has, then he needs to be held accountable.

fj1200
08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
^All that is true of course but the problem is that Congress as a whole no longer cares about its Constitutional role, it's about party and agenda. And unfortunately when some posit a list of high crimes and misdemeanors that includes the FLOTUS taking a vacation, credibility is highly tarnished.

tailfins
08-15-2014, 10:01 AM

If the Republicans can't sell the idea to where it reaches 65% popular support, they had better not try it. Use the power of the purse first.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2014, 10:05 AM
^All that is true of course but the problem is that Congress as a whole no longer cares about its Constitutional role, it's about party and agenda. And unfortunately when some posit a list of high crimes and misdemeanors that includes the FLOTUS taking a vacation, credibility is highly tarnished.

FFING BULL. Just because some allegations do not meet the level to be taken seriously does not negate the many that do!! Your stand is one of a very weak defense . The lying traitorous bastard needs to be held accountable by LAW for the ones that DO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPEACHMENT. And he has broken laws --many-- he doesn't get immunity because he is prez or has black skin or is a lib/dem.
The LAW if held void by the prez is then to be held meaningless by the ordinary citizen for the prez is the --"people's servant"-- not the other way around as it is now being conducted and adhered to.
Methinks you either have flawed logic, lack of comprehension or a political view being presented in a very convoluted manner.
Obama is a damn traitor and your refusal to ever admit his treason is laughable. -Tyr

darin
08-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Was already stated in OP. People are stupid. VERY stupid. See: Missouri riots.

If Obama is convicted two or three things happen:

Riots. Unseen type of HUGE riots.

Biden Pardens him.

Democrat base is energized.

Liberals consume MORE power from the people.

see: Novel entitled 1984.

fj1200
08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
FFING BULL. Just because some allegations do not meet the level to be taken seriously does not negate the many that do!! Your stand is one of a very weak defense . The lying traitorous bastard needs to be held accountable by LAW for the ones that DO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPEACHMENT. And he has broken laws --many-- he doesn't get immunity because he is prez or has black skin or is a lib/dem.
The LAW if held void by the prez is then to be held meaningless by the ordinary citizen for the prez is the --"people's servant"-- not the other way around as it is now being conducted and adhered to.
Methinks you either have flawed logic, lack of comprehension or a political view being presented in a very convoluted manner.
Obama is a damn traitor and your refusal to ever admit his treason is laughable. -Tyr

Save your rants and identify the flawed logic. As I said there would be a much better case than the "charges" based on hate.

Thunderknuckles
08-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Absolutely correct. If you want a landslide victory for Democrats in the House, Senate, and Presidency, go ahead Republicans and impeach Obama.
The lawsuit by Boehner over the ACA employer mandate is bad enough. Even though it is a clever political maneuver, it just appears petty.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Save your rants and identify the flawed logic. As I said there would be a much better case than the "charges" based on hate.
Charges are based upon laws broken not hate. The fact that I hate that ffing piece of shit is irrelevant. Too many attorneys and Constitutional scholars now present editorials and public statements pointing out his treason for you to attempt to play it off as mad rants by haters. -Tyr
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/02/27/power-presidency-turley

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Law Professor Says U.S. At A ‘Constitutional Tipping Point’

Interview Highlights: Jonathan Turley

On President Obama’s role in the power shift

“This certainly did not begin with him. We’ve seen a gradual sort of gravitational shift of power from the legislative to the executive branch. It was prominent during the Bush years, where I was also very critical, but it certainly accelerated under President Obama. And the most serious violations, in my view, are various cases when he went to Congress, as in the immigration field, as in the healthcare field, as for very specific things, and was rejected, and then decided just to order those on his own. He’s also been accused of shifting large amounts of money from their appointed or appropriated purpose to other purposes. These really drive at the heart of the separation of powers.”

On the acceleration of this power shift

“These are really sort of Fellini-esque moments for someone who studies the Constitution. The framers assumed — most famously, James Madison — that ambition would check ambition in our system. But the legislative branch, for the last two presidents, has been virtually inured. It’s gotten to the point where the shift of power is so significant that I think we have to stop and take notice. There’s no question that previous presidents abused their power, but what we’re seeing with the Obama administration is really a systemic circumvention of Congress, and remarkably, he’s doing that with the applause of his own party, members of the legislative branch.”

On how he feels the American people should be reacting

“People need to understand, policies change and even presidents change. But these powers are hard to get back, and I think that people will rue the day when they were silent as we created this über-presidency, this massively powerful presidency, and created this instability within the system. Because what Madison really foresaw was that the three branches were like orbs or planets, that were locked in orbit by their self interest, by their checks and balances. That’s a very unstable orbit now, because of this shift of power. And the problem that we have is this concept of ‘all is fair in love and politics,’ that people can’t see beyond how they feel about immigration, and how they feel about environment, or more importantly, how they feel about President Obama. And that’s very short-sighted. They have to see a farther horizon that’s going to affect our children when we change the system.”

And the most serious violations, in my view, are various cases when he went to Congress, as in the immigration field, as in the healthcare field, as for very specific things, and was rejected, and then decided just to order those on his own. He’s also been accused of shifting large amounts of money from their appointed or appropriated purpose to other purposes. These really drive at the heart of the separation of powers.”

Jonathan Turley

http://www.law.gwu.edu/faculty/profile.aspx?id=1738

Jonathan Turley

Title: J.B. and Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law; Director of the Environmental Law Advocacy Center; Executive Director, Project for Older Prisoners

Address: 2000 H Street, N.W, Washington, DC 20052
Telephone: 202.994.7001
Fax: 202.994.9811
Email: jturley@law.gwu.edu

Education
B.A. University of Chicago; J.D., Northwestern University

Biographical Sketch
Jonathan Turley is a nationally recognized legal scholar who has written extensively in areas ranging from constitutional law to legal theory to tort law. After a stint at Tulane Law School, Professor Turley joined the GW Law faculty in 1990, and in 1998, became the youngest chaired professor in the school’s history.

He is the founder and executive director of the Project for Older Prisoners (POPS). He has written more than three dozen academic articles that have appeared in a variety of leading law journals including those of Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, and Northwestern Universities, among others. He most recently completed a three-part study of the historical and constitutional evolution of the military system.

Professor Turley has served as counsel in some of the most notable cases in the last two decades, including his representation of the Area 51 workers at a secret air base in Nevada; the nuclear couriers at Oak Ridge, Tennessee; the Rocky Flats grand jury in Colorado; Dr. Eric Foretich, the husband in the Elizabeth Morgan custody controversy; and four former U.S. Attorney Generals during the Clinton impeachment litigation. Professor Turley also has served as counsel in a variety of national security and terrorism cases, and has been ranked as one of the top 10 lawyers handling military cases.

aboutime
08-15-2014, 07:51 PM
It would be a NATION SAVING thing to do by Impeaching Obama...on one hand.

But, we must all remember. It would take the Present Congress longer than Obama still has in office to Impeach him.

Congress does NOTHING WELL, or IN A TIMELY FASHION.

And, as others have stated. If Biden took Obama's place (according to the Constitution). Like Ford pardoned Nixon. He would pardon Obama, and probably make HILLARY his VICE PRESIDENT...just because Biden is a pure ASSHOLE.

We can't afford to throw the nation into the CIVIL UNREST the Democrats, and Obama have been Planning, and hiding behind for years.

Such actions would also, instantly make Obama declare MARTIAL LAW.

Investigate WHAT A PRESIDENT can do under Martial Law...across the entire nation.

If we think America is dying now. You can KISS IT ALL GOOD-BYE then.

Redrose
08-15-2014, 08:22 PM
It would be a NATION SAVING thing to do by Impeaching Obama...on one hand.

But, we must all remember. It would take the Present Congress longer than Obama still has in office to Impeach him.

Congress does NOTHING WELL, or IN A TIMELY FASHION.

And, as others have stated. If Biden took Obama's place (according to the Constitution). Like Ford pardoned Nixon. He would pardon Obama, and probably make HILLARY his VICE PRESIDENT...just because Biden is a pure ASSHOLE.

We can't afford to throw the nation into the CIVIL UNREST the Democrats, and Obama have been Planning, and hiding behind for years.

Such actions would also, instantly make Obama declare MARTIAL LAW.

Investigate WHAT A PRESIDENT can do under Martial Law...across the entire nation.

If we think America is dying now. You can KISS IT ALL GOOD-BYE then.

That was my point. Obama has hidden behind his race for six years. Any and all criticism of him is written off as racism. Those behind putting him in power were very clever. By putting a non-white man in the WH, the insulated him from criticism. His color has built an impenetrable shield around him, allowing him to destroy us unchallenged.

We're done for.

aboutime
08-15-2014, 08:55 PM
That was my point. Obama has hidden behind his race for six years. Any and all criticism of him is written off as racism. Those behind putting him in power were very clever. By putting a non-white man in the WH, the insulated him from criticism. His color has built an impenetrable shield around him, allowing him to destroy us unchallenged.

We're done for.

Sad to say, but unfortunately...RIGHT ON THE MARK.

And the horror of it all is, and gets down to....LACK of education by those who both voted for him...because he is Black, and because he was able to take advantage of their SAD gullibility to be so easily led.

I'm afraid the worst is STILL TO COME.

fj1200
08-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Charges are based upon laws broken not hate. The fact that I hate that ffing piece of shit is irrelevant. Too many attorneys and Constitutional scholars now present editorials and public statements pointing out his treason for you to attempt to play it off as mad rants by haters. -Tyr

As I said, identify the flawed logic. Your hate is relevant if you give credence to impeachment "charges" that include FLOTUS trips and other crap that destroy the credibility of those presenting the list. The fact is that pressing impeachment in the House is a political loser and will result in not only shooting yourself in the foot but likely the head. And I only play it off as mad rants by haters when the rants are made by mad haters.

Gunny
08-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Look at the riots in Missouri. Plenty of White people get shot by police and minorities, most with little to no coverage. Hundreds are killed in Chicago and Detroit, Black on Black crime. Not news worthy it seems. But just look at Missouri this week. A Black was shot by police. All hell broke loose.

Does anyone still wonder why the House refuses to Impeach Obama? If successful, this nation would be ripped apart in a racial civil war. Many Blacks would insist he was ousted because of his skin color, not because he is a miserably bad president.

Impeachment is off the table, not because there is a lack of evidence to support it, but because our nation is too racially unstable to survive it.

I actually think he hasn't been impeached or assassinated because his back up (Biden) is as bad or worse than he is. For awhile, THEIR back up was Pelosi. OMG.

I agree though that it would become an issue of race rather than the fact he's an incompetent pansy (and yeah, I DID change that word :) ) Minorities have proven time and again that they can hide the obvious behind a race card. Look at the OJ fiasco. He turned his back on blacks for decades. But they STILL rallied right around him.

You go for a cop's gun and get your ass shot ? There's NO hard math there. And I don't like cops. Period. But I'm not going to waste my time arguing with one, much less try to take his damned weapon away. I was never a cop, but I've slept with my rifle more than twice. You try taking that away from me and I WILL use it.

Redrose
08-18-2014, 11:13 AM
As I said, identify the flawed logic. Your hate is relevant if you give credence to impeachment "charges" that include FLOTUS trips and other crap that destroy the credibility of those presenting the list. The fact is that pressing impeachment in the House is a political loser and will result in not only shooting yourself in the foot but likely the head. And I only play it off as mad rants by haters when the rants are made by mad haters.

I agree with you, as my original post states, his political zombies will blame race not his failures for an Impeachment. Many, if not most, of those still supporting BHO are blind to reality, blind to the facts, information challenged lemmings. They know absoloutely nothing about politics, or the state of affairs nationally or on the world stage, but they still cast a vote (some more than once) for a total incompetent based on "personality" not ability. They think he's "cool" on Letterman, they like his dumb comedic silly toothy grin, and are so foolish and naive, they believe if he says it, it must be true. Hey, Obama fans, I have a bridge for sale!

Nothing fair will be done in this nation while that person is in the WH. His color will always be a shield to protect him, the worst president in our history and use the race card to silence legitimate criticism, with a racist, corrupt AG to ride shotgun for him. America is suffering because of their ignorance and intolerance to hear an opposing voice.

Message to the Obamabots out there, BHO would still be a miserably incompetent president if he was ALL White, or ALL Black, or green, yellow, purple or chartreuse. I couldn't stand Carter, and he's White, color has nothing to do with it.

Many on the left are too proud to admit they backed a bad horse. Next stop for him.....the glue factory.

fj1200
08-18-2014, 11:21 AM
I agree with you, as my original post states. Many, if not most of those still supporting BHO are blind to reality, blind to the facts, information challenged lemmings. They know absoloutely nothing about politics, or the state of affairs nationally or on the world stage, but they still cast a vote (some more than once) for a total incompetent based on "personality" not ability. They think he's "cool" on Letterman, they like his comedic silly toothy grin, and are so foolish and naive, they believe if he says it, it must be true. Hey, Obama fans, I have a bridge for sale!

Nothing fair will be done in this nation while that person is in the WH. His color will always be a shield to protect him, the worst president in our history and use the race card to silence legitimate criticism. America is suffering because of their ignorance and intolerance to hear an opposing voice.

To the Obamabots, BHO would still be a miserably incompetent president if he was ALL White, or ALL Black, or green, yellow, purple or chartreuse. I couldn't stand Carter, and he's White.

Many on the left are too proud to admit they backed a bad horse. Next stop for him.....the glue factory.

It's minimally about his skin color and there are lemmings on all sides, just look at the comments on news sites on both sides of the spectrum. He is an "incompetent pansy" but it takes much more than incompetence to be impeached and even far more than that to be convicted. At this point it will take far more information to come out to outweigh the political loser that this would be for conservatives. I'd prefer not to be the minority party for another 40 years.

Gunny
08-18-2014, 12:02 PM
I love reading some of this stuff. :)

I don't care what color your skin is, nor what you do or don't have between your legs. If you can hump ammo and read a damned map, I'll take you.

My best friend was 6'7", 280 pounds and black as the ace of spades.

Obama's stupid and a loser. Anyone who thinks he represents them in ANY way, needs a psych eval.

tailfins
08-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Political advisers such as Dick Morris say while Obama surely DESERVES to be impeached, any attempt to do so would only serve to ADVANCE the Democrats agenda under current circumstances.

aboutime
08-18-2014, 02:48 PM
I love reading some of this stuff. :)

I don't care what color your skin is, nor what you do or don't have between your legs. If you can hump ammo and read a damned map, I'll take you.

My best friend was 6'7", 280 pounds and black as the ace of spades.

Obama's stupid and a loser. Anyone who thinks he represents them in ANY way, needs a psych eval.

Agreed Gunny. But those people who think he represents them SIMPLY ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH, nor EDUCATED ENOUGH to know they need a psych eval. Obama and the Democrats DEPEND on Uninformed, Uneducated, Nearly Illiterate Voters to be behind them. And they are proving HOW MANY OF THEM THERE ARE...with each election.

Drummond
08-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Sorry to see that you're finding another excuse to defend Obama from those who want to be rid of him.

Give it time, and you'll do it again ... etc ....

fj1200
08-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Sorry to see that you're finding another excuse to defend Obama from those who want to be rid of him.

Give it time, and you'll do it again ... etc ....

:facepalm99: Not to bright are ya'?

He is an "incompetent pansy" but it takes much more than incompetence to be impeached and even far more than that to be convicted. At this point it will take far more information to come out to outweigh the political loser that this would be for conservatives. I'd prefer not to be the minority party for another 40 years.

And for the record that first part was in quotes because I was agreeing with gunny's phrasing. :slap: You should also learn to discern between defending someone and making a comment on things political.

Gunny
08-18-2014, 05:41 PM
It's minimally about his skin color and there are lemmings on all sides, just look at the comments on news sites on both sides of the spectrum. He is an "incompetent pansy" but it takes much more than incompetence to be impeached and even far more than that to be convicted. At this point it will take far more information to come out to outweigh the political loser that this would be for conservatives. I'd prefer not to be the minority party for another 40 years.

Good points. While I don't agree with those points being correct, I will agree that they are fact.

Redrose
08-18-2014, 06:26 PM

I agree a successful Impeachment would be a disaster just because of the mentality we are seeing in Missouri. But we may just have to face that prospect.

His being incompetent is showing his inability to lead, either deliberately or unintentionally by his lack of ability and experience. His violation of his presidential oath "to protect and defend the Constitution...." is where his actions fall into impeachment qualifications. Abuse of power and changing a law multiple times, bypassing the Legislative Branch, is also a Constitutional breech.

Presidents have the right to use the pen for Executive Orders, no one is disputing that, but BHO is abusing that power to manipulate laws, to alter the flaws in the ACA and other laws that do not fit with his agenda at the given moment. That is an Impeachable offense, much more serious than Clinton's fibbing about the definition of oral sex as compared to intercourse. BHO has lied numerous times to the American people, none of which were under oath, except his oath of office. By Impeaching him, we could get him under oath, and grill him thoroughly. A lie at that point could prove disastrous for him. A Democratic Senate may roll over and play dead for him, completely shirking their sworn duty to represent their constituents honestly, fairly and without bias.

Politics is dirty and corrupt, always has been and always will be, but that shouldn't stop us from doing what is morally just and trying to remove a bad president from office.

We would see terrible riots, but they would have to be dealt with to save this country.

darin
08-19-2014, 05:55 AM
Political advisers such as Dick Morris say while Obama surely DESERVES to be impeached, any attempt to do so would only serve to ADVANCE the Democrats agenda under current circumstances.

That is true because??????? Because people are getting stupider and stupider. Because people are NOT sophistcated. Because the masses in this country are Phuckheads. Thanks Liberalism and Dr. Spock :)

Gunny
08-19-2014, 06:28 AM
That is true because??????? Because people are getting stupider and stupider. Because people are NOT sophistcated. Because the masses in this country are Phuckheads. Thanks Liberalism and Dr. Spock :)

Nice to see you again, d. I thought you were dead. As un-opinionated as ever. :laugh:

People DON'T want to think. They're sheep. Easier to be led. It isn't so much that they are stupid as they are just flat lazy. Thinking requires effort.

namvet
08-19-2014, 09:28 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FJzhFPW0-cc/TiLzScVDz8I/AAAAAAAACNw/nPmq-bvcdJA/s1600/terminatorObama_400_2.jpg

get rid of Reid and his fuckin' robot collapses

gabosaurus
08-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Obama hasn''t been impeached for the same reason that Dubya was never impeached. Lots of accusations, no actual impeachable offenses.

fj1200
08-19-2014, 10:18 AM
I agree a successful Impeachment would be a disaster just because of the mentality we are seeing in Missouri. But we may just have to face that prospect.

His being incompetent is showing his inability to lead, either deliberately or unintentionally by his lack of ability and experience. His violation of his presidential oath "to protect and defend the Constitution...." is where his actions fall into impeachment qualifications. Abuse of power and changing a law multiple times, bypassing the Legislative Branch, is also a Constitutional breech.

Presidents have the right to use the pen for Executive Orders, no one is disputing that, but BHO is abusing that power to manipulate laws, to alter the flaws in the ACA and other laws that do not fit with his agenda at the given moment. That is an Impeachable offense, much more serious than Clinton's fibbing about the definition of oral sex as compared to intercourse. BHO has lied numerous times to the American people, none of which were under oath, except his oath of office. By Impeaching him, we could get him under oath, and grill him thoroughly. A lie at that point could prove disastrous for him. A Democratic Senate may roll over and play dead for him, completely shirking their sworn duty to represent their constituents honestly, fairly and without bias.

Politics is dirty and corrupt, always has been and always will be, but that shouldn't stop us from doing what is morally just and trying to remove a bad president from office.

We would see terrible riots, but they would have to be dealt with to save this country.

You "remove" bad presidents from office by voting them out, you don't impeach them. You remove presidents from office for high crimes and misdemeanors by impeachment. And that's not why Bill was impeached, he was impeached for suborning perjury which is worse than your example of EOs. Unfortunately he has a different view of the Constitution than you and I do but that also isn't an impeachable offense.

If you want to actually win an election and have a chance to move the Federal government back to the right you need to take a longer view. And I don't think impeachment means you get to put BO "under oath." The House makes the charge and the Senate votes to convict, he doesn't have to take the stand. Congress first needs to stand up to its job by investigating, holding hearings, fact finding, etc. Everything you need to do to have a trial.