PDA

View Full Version : For Christians...

Guernicaa
06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
If you consider yourself a "Christian", do you or did you practice chastity?

Be honest. I know many Christians don't.

darin
06-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I practiced Chastity as a youth - I failed a couple times. My wife, though, maintained her virginity until she married her 1st husband.

06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
yes of course.

However, it is important to note that Christianity acknowledges that not everyone is perfect or becomes Christian at an early age. In fact, that is the entire point of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So that if we sin, we can repent, we can acknowledge our sins and turn away from them with the power of the Holy Spirit to justify and sanctify us.

darin
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
yes of course.

However, it is important to note that Christianity acknowledges that not everyone is perfect or becomes Christian at an early age. In fact, that is the entire point of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So that if we sin, we can repent, we can acknowledge our sins and turn away from them with the power of the Holy Spirit to justify and sanctify us.

That's exactly the kind of understanding some folk refuse to learn. People without the Holy Spirit's prompting may never understand Christianity is different than every OTHER Faith because the work of Salvation (if you will) has already been DONE. It's only a matter of accepting truth.

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Raised Christian and no, I do not practice chastity, nor has it ever been a goal of mine to practice it.

Yurt
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
No, wife did, we had many interesting talks about it. I felt kinda cheap next her sometimes because she is so "pure" Odd though, because even though I consider myself christian, I can not stand the "pure" types, then I end up marrying one. Isn't there something about the believing spouse getting you into heaven.... just kidding, sort of.

Life is stranger than fiction.

gabosaurus
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Since I did not find God until I was 19 years old, I was guilty of many sins as a younger person. Since then, I have tried to live life as a Christian.
One of the Christian values I hold most dear is the sanctity of marriage. I don't believe in divorce or re-marriage. Going back as long as I can verify, there has not been a divorce in my immediate family. I take the "til death do you part" verse very seriously. You can love many people, but you can only marry one. There are no second chances.

"It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery"
(Matthew 5:31-32).

darin
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
...anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress...

I've wondered if that means "If you divorce your wife, you cause her to become and adulteress - unless she's already been unfaithful. In that case, her unfaithfulness has made her the adulteress, not the divorce."

Abbey Marie
06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I've wondered if that means "If you divorce your wife, you cause her to become and adulteress - unless she's already been unfaithful. In that case, her unfaithfulness has made her the adulteress, not the divorce."

Cute! Can I rep Jesus? More importantly, can He rep me? :laugh2:

5stringJeff
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Did I? No. Should I have? Yes. If I could do it all over again, would I? Yes. Will I teach my children to? Yes.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
If you consider yourself a "Christian", do you or did you practice chastity?

Be honest. I know many Christians don't.

What's the point in asking. You genuinely interested for some unknown reason, or just trolling for a new reason to bash Christians?

Gunny
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
What's the point in asking. You genuinely interested for some unknown reason, or just trolling for a new reason to bash Christians?

I suspect the only point he has is on his head.

06-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Did I? No. Should I have? Yes. If I could do it all over again, would I? Yes. Will I teach my children to? Yes.

good to see you teaching your children good. The upcoming generation is going to need alot of spiritual help and keeping morally clean is definitely going to help them overcome the trials coming up in the future.

You know, its pretty damn scary to raelize im no longe rpart of the upcoming generation. being an adult sucks.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Really Pale? You didn't practice it?
But you're so holy and anti-gay...

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM
To quote the great lily:
"Being born once is good enough for me"

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I suspect the only point he has is on his head.
And I think its safe to assume you didn't either...

Gunny
06-22-2007, 03:22 PM
And I think its safe to assume you didn't either...

Whether I did or did not is irrelevant. Cut to the chase and trot out your dishonest argument and let's get on with the game.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 08:06 PM

WTF? That has nothing do with your topic. Being with a man sexaually as with a woman (butt plugging) is an abomination to God.

Critizing Pale because he was/is not a perfect Christian has nothing to do with butt plugging being wrong. Red herring, ad hominem. If the only reason you started this thread is to say that because those who have "sinned" can not have an opinion on ass plugging, you have just lost any modicum of respect I had for you.

Cheap. Intellectually dishonest. And proves nothing.

06-22-2007, 08:52 PM

Being holy is a matter of what we do, but what we become. That is the whole point of the Atonement, a point which is completely lost on you. If we have screwed up in the past, there is hope. Through the Atonement of Christ we can become more than what we are. We can become perfect in Christ.