PDA

View Full Version : L.A. considering "Lottery" to increase voter turnout

Thunderknuckles
08-15-2014, 01:43 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-panel-prizes-voters-20140814-story.html
The latest in California insanity has L.A. considering a "Lottery" system to incentive people to vote. If you vote, you could be randomly selected for a cash prize!
This "out of the box" idea comes as a result of the last mayoral election which saw only a 23% turnout of registered voters.

Aside from the stupidity of bribing voters into voting, this deserves a closer look. Why was the voter turnout so low to begin with?
Answer: L.A. is run completely by Democrats. There is no voter choice in L.A. The last mayoral election was between two union backed Democrats. The only difference between the two was one peed sitting down and the other standing up. In fact, L.A. has seen only 1.5 Republican mayors in about the last century.
The ".5" being a guy who started out as a Democrat but later switched parties back in 1980.

This is what happens when one party overwhelmingly dominates the landscape. No choice in a vision for the future, voter apathy, and Caesar throwing money to the masses for their support.

aboutime
08-15-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-panel-prizes-voters-20140814-story.html
The latest in California insanity has L.A. considering a "Lottery" system to incentive people to vote. If you vote, you could be randomly selected for a cash prize!
This "out of the box" idea comes as a result of the last mayoral election which saw only a 23% turnout of registered voters.

Aside from the stupidity of bribing voters into voting, this deserves a closer look. Why was the voter turnout so low to begin with?
Answer: L.A. is run completely by Democrats. There is no voter choice in L.A. The last mayoral election was between two union backed Democrats. The only difference between the two was one peed sitting down and the other standing up. In fact, L.A. has seen only 1.5 Republican mayors in about the last century.
The ".5" being a guy who started out as a Democrat but later switched parties back in 1980.

This is what happens when one party overwhelmingly dominates the landscape. No choice in a vision for the future, voter apathy, and Caesar throwing money to the masses for their support.

Bet the DNC hates having their tactics exposed so openly. Looks like the L.A. chapter of ACORN is at it again.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Please just shoot me now.

aboutime
08-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Please just shoot me now.

No Abbey. That's what they HOPE we will do. "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Thunderknuckles
08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
And uninformed voters blindly accepting all of their progressive overlord's demands in the hopes of walking away with a few bucks!

hjmick
08-15-2014, 03:59 PM
There must be a Republican candidate or two making inroads in Los Angeles...

Thunderknuckles
08-15-2014, 04:20 PM
There must be a Republican candidate or two making inroads in Los Angeles...
Or as I like to call them: Leprechauns.