PDA

View Full Version : No cussing!!

SassyLady
08-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Is this crazy .... arrested for cursing in front of your kids?!?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/15/newser-mom-arrested-swearing-in-front-of-kids/14102633/

Danielle Wolf was not having a good night at the Kroger grocery store in North Augusta, S.C., where she moved with her family just three weeks ago.
She says her husband kept squishing the bread in their cart by putting frozen pizzas on top of it, and Wolf expressed her displeasure at the situation.
That's when her night got really bad. A fellow shopper approached her and accused her of using the F-word in front of her kids.
"I'm like, 'When did I say this to my kids?'" Wolf tells WJBF. "I said that to my husband, that he was smashing the bread."
But somehow the police were called, and Wolf ended up getting arrested in the incident late Sunday.
According to Wolf, the shopper who originally complained didn't actually want Wolf arrested: "I didn't harm nobody. I didn't hurt nobody. The lady said she was having a bad day. So, because you're having a bad day you're going to ruin somebody's life."
But the shopper denies having a bad day, and says Wolf used profanity repeatedly — and even cursed at her after she approached the family to complain.
Wolf faces disorderly conduct charges, and is due in court next month, KGO reports.
According to Salon, which looked up the city ordinance, disorderly conduct is defined as "riotous conduct of any kind," "cry[ing] out in a noisy, scandalous, or abusive manner" in a public place, or "utter[ing], while in a state of anger, in the presence of another, any bawdy, lewd, or obscene words or epithets."

NightTrain
08-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Freedom of speech.

Her lawyers will have a field day with this, and she'll sue the city.

Noir
08-16-2014, 09:32 AM
*Seeks Malcolm for advise*

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KC8_HTBx8SE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Warning, contains language that can get you arrested.

Abbey Marie
08-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Arrest is way out of line. I know this will be an unpopular opinion here, but kudos to that other woman for taking a stand. How ugly we have become as a society. What hope is there for children to grow up with anything resembling grace or civility, when their own Mama speaks this way?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm sooo old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
08-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I agree with Abbey. I think an arrest is inappropriate. BUT, that doesn't mean it's cool to curse in front of kids. That's just simple respect for the children, and the parents of other children. :)

aboutime
08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
ALL OF US are responsible for allowing our society to fall to such levels. Parents, and teachers in many cases...never bother teaching their children to be courteous, mind their manners, their language, or tongue IF...The parents and teachers use such language naturally because THEY WERE NEVER TAUGHT as well.

Our Society, almost across the board has become LAWLESS in many cases because EDUCATIONAL values no longer exist in many homes, workplaces, or in public due to FEARS that someone might be Insulted, Offended, or get SUED since WE NO LONGER TALK TO ONE-ANOTHER...in person.

Truth is. Our younger generation has never been taught to SPEAK, or REASON, or THINK in respectful, personally responsible ways because those who should be doing the teaching...were never taught, in lieu of being a friend, rather than having a family relationship of Son's, Daughters, Mothers and Fathers.

I know many who ignore my words will just laugh everything I said above off. And in doing so. YOU WILL PROVE MY WORDS were true.

tailfins
08-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Arrest is way out of line. I know this will be an unpopular opinion here, but kudos to that other woman for taking a stand. How ugly we have become as a society. What hope is there for children to grow up with anything resembling grace or civility, when their own Mama speaks this way?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm sooo old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

I wish that were possible. To beat the left it's necessary to forget about restraint. Besides much of that ugliness stems from mothers participating in the dog-eat-dog workforce.

SassyLady
08-17-2014, 01:49 AM
I think the arrest is ridiculous. Perhaps a fine and community service for creating a hostile environment.

When I used to do onsites as a business consultant, one of them was for a piping company in Boston area. The company was owned by a woman who wanted her rough, gruff, crude pipefitters to be more professional while on job sites. She wanted them to stop cursing on the job.

Well, the guys all vented about how it was too hard to stop and figure out where and when they could say things. They were very indignant. I asked them these simple questions:

Do you curse in front of your parents, your spouse, your pastor or your kids? Everyone seemed to have at least one or more times when they did, in fact, censor themselves. I told them that if they could censor themselves at those times/events, then they would learn to censor themselves while on the job site. Of course, there was the grumbling and mumbling .... but I asked them to consider that they were not working on breaking a bad habit (cursing), but were working on developing a new habit ... censoring themselves.

They agree that it would be difficult to always remember, but would give it a go.

The same thing applies to how we censor ourselves in public and private. I don't believe I've ever cursed on a message board....sometimes I've typed it because that is what I wanted to say.... but I remind myself that I'm always working on keeping a good habit of not cursing and delete it.

Again, arrest is asinine.