PDA

View Full Version : How about quizzes?

jimnyc
08-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Not as an everyday thing, but as a tool that on occasion one would be able to post. We could hopefully limit the quiz to the subject of the particular forum. There are quite a few variables that can be enabled/disabled to fit in with our board and what we want out of it. Feedback of course...

---

vBQuiz

vBQuiz is an advanced quiz center.

Uses
You and your users will be able to create several different type of quizzes from basic multiple choice questions to advanced result generator quizzes using multiple variables to calculate end result. Users can choose if they want their results to display on their profile. Quizzes can be rated and commented on and users can keep hidden/public notes on their quiz results.

Feature List

Complete Feature List

Homepage
Searching
Search by Quiz Name/Creator/Tags
nth level Categorization Listing
Paged browsing on Categories and sort by multiple types (Highest Rated, Newest, etc)
Statistics
Sortable List of 5 Quizzes (Highest Rated, Newest, etc)
Adding Quizzes
Maximum Retries
Assistant (permission to edit quiz/questions)
Multiple notification users
Start/End Date
Specify Thread Forum
Open Ended
Prerequisite Quiz with required score
Quiz Rules
Forum Sideblocks

Latest Quizzes
Most Taken Quizzes
Random Quizzes
Latest Taken Quizzes
Tag Cloud

Quiz Types

Multiple Choice
Multiple Selection
Double Ended
Essay
Short Answer
Matching
Result Generator
Advanced Result Generator
Personality by Decado

Consolidated list of results
Quiz graphs and history on completion
User level ability to hide quiz results
Profile tab to display quizzes created/taken
Unlimited Questions/Answers per quiz
User End Quiz Administration

Approve Quizzes
Approve Entries
Judge Entries

Permissions

Per Usergroup

View Quizzes
Take Quizzes
Create Quizzes
Quizzes Auto Approved
Entries Auto Approved
Maximum Retries
Minimum Reputation
Use Reputation?
Can see answer percentages
Minimum Posts
Force Results Public/Private
Modify Others Quizzes
Delete Others Quizzes
Approve Quizzes
Modify Others Entries
Delete Others Entries
Approve Entries
Judge Entries

ACP

Quickly Delete User Quiz results
Quickly Delete Quizzes
Turn on/off graphs
Allow guest access

fj1200
08-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Not as an everyday thing, but as a tool that on occasion one would be able to post. We could hopefully limit the quiz to the subject of the particular forum. There are quite a few variables that can be enabled/disabled to fit in with our board and what we want out of it. Feedback of course...

Can we have one to weed out those pesky lefties? :poke:

jimnyc
08-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Can we have one to weed out those pesky lefties? :poke:

First quiz question for you:

Are you a leftie?

:coffee:

fj1200
08-18-2014, 09:01 AM
First quiz question for you:

Are you a leftie?

:coffee:

That wasn't very sneaky. :slap: But to answer your question: Of course not.

drummond fodder

jimnyc
08-18-2014, 09:06 AM
That wasn't very sneaky. :slap: But to answer your question: Of course not.

drummond fodder

It was a trick question, you dirty bastard, I used psychology! I figured YOU would think it was a trick, think about it, say yes, then think some more, figure it was a trick, and then answer no. That's how you lefties think :poke:

What's your thoughts on utilizing this for the board? Some quizzes here and there on history, politics (current and past), sports or really anything. I thought being saved for users was cool too, like a badge of honor. And of course we would keep it clean, friendly and fun.

fj1200
08-18-2014, 09:11 AM
It was a trick question, you dirty bastard, I used psychology! I figured YOU would think it was a trick, think about it, say yes, then think some more, figure it was a trick, and then answer no. That's how you lefties think :poke:

What's your thoughts on utilizing this for the board? Some quizzes here and there on history, politics (current and past), sports or really anything. I thought being saved for users was cool too, like a badge of honor. And of course we would keep it clean, friendly and fun.

Lefties ARE tricky, no question. Especially the imaginary ones. :)

It might be a fun thing... until we have 300 that say the same thing. I don't recall seeing quizzes on any forums so I'm not sure what they would look like. :dunno:

jimnyc
08-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Lefties ARE tricky, no question. Especially the imaginary ones. :)

It might be a fun thing... until we have 300 that say the same thing. I don't recall seeing quizzes on any forums so I'm not sure what they would look like. :dunno:

I wouldn't want it to get out of hand, nor be something to ask the same thing over and over and over. We may even be able to limit it to staff only creating the quizzes but anyone can partake. Or maybe certain levels only, or usergroups, can create them.

Go to this page and scroll to the bottom of the features list, there are pictures you can click on to see the whole thing, examples of course.

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/101-vbquiz/?

fj1200
08-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Well, it certainly has me pegged.

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/screenshots/101/46.png

jimnyc
08-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Well, it certainly has me pegged.

Not me, I would rather aspire to be "Pepe Le Pew", and be the offensive one!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_rb7CcUfmyI/URGYPMhlCjI/AAAAAAAACZs/tHPJiIaYmQw/s1600/pepe-le-pew.jpg

fj1200
08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Not me, I would rather aspire to be "Pepe Le Pew", and be the offensive one!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_rb7CcUfmyI/URGYPMhlCjI/AAAAAAAACZs/tHPJiIaYmQw/s1600/pepe-le-pew.jpg

Huzzah, success! :2up:

NightTrain
08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I think it'd be interesting.

There are a bunch of silly ones flying around FB right now that would be annoying.

However... if it's in the title it would be easy to avoid the annoying ones.

fj1200
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
There are a bunch of silly ones flying around FB right now that would be annoying.

You just made me change my vote. :eek:

Abbey Marie
08-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Why you want me to make you all look bad?

hjmick
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
I predict a sudden influx of new members. Or old members coming back...

Or maybe not...

aboutime
08-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Why you want me to make you all look bad?

Abbey. What on Earth do you mean?:laugh: As a Jeopardy follower of 30 years, and applicant for qualification 4 times (but never picked). That sounds like the PERFECT CHALLENGE. :clap:

hjmick
08-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Abbey. What on Earth do you mean?:laugh: As a Jeopardy follower of 30 years, and applicant for qualification 4 times (but never picked). That sounds like the PERFECT CHALLENGE. :clap:

Jeopardy! isn't as easy as it looks. My dad was on the show, didn't fare so well. He was no slouch in the smarts department, well read, knew his trivia and yet when it was all over, all he could say was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

aboutime
08-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Jeopardy! isn't as easy as it looks. My dad was on the show, didn't fare so well. He was no slouch in the smarts department, well read, knew his trivia and yet when it was all over, all he could say was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

hjmick. I know it's not as easy as it looks. Each time I have taken the Online Tests. They blew me away with topics I never knew existed.

My best score has always been less than 40%. And I can hardly remember what most of those questions were.

But, while watching it each night. I always seem to do rather well. Which keeps me feeling pretty good, and not threatened by ALZHEIMERS striking anytime soon. I HOPE:laugh:

gabosaurus
08-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Lefties ARE tricky, no question. Especially the imaginary ones.

Only left-handed people are in their right mind.

SassyLady
08-19-2014, 01:44 AM
I love quizzes!

:dance:

SassyLady
08-19-2014, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't want it to get out of hand, nor be something to ask the same thing over and over and over. We may even be able to limit it to staff only creating the quizzes but anyone can partake. Or maybe certain levels only, or usergroups, can create them.

Go to this page and scroll to the bottom of the features list, there are pictures you can click on to see the whole thing, examples of course.

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/101-vbquiz/?

Well, I failed the first quiz! I can't find even find it!

jimnyc
08-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Well, I failed the first quiz! I can't find even find it!

No quiz on that page, just a long list of features, and then example pictures of the back and front end at the bottom. :)