PDA

View Full Version : Loading pages with Youtube videos

jimnyc
08-25-2014, 10:58 AM
How many of you post videos in the "What are you listening to now" thread? Or can anyone help run a few tests. Some pages have anywhere from 8-15 videos per page, depending. On my computer, it's taking anywhere from 4-10 seconds per page to load, depending on how many videos, and the size/quality of the videos. I'm curious if it's slower/faster for others? The following would be a good page to use as an example. Please click on the link and note how long it takes to load the entire page, to where you can scroll smoothly. There are 14 videos on the following page.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?46286-What-are-you-listening-to-now-part-2/page3

aboutime
08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
How many of you post videos in the "What are you listening to now" thread? Or can anyone help run a few tests. Some pages have anywhere from 8-15 videos per page, depending. On my computer, it's taking anywhere from 4-10 seconds per page to load, depending on how many videos, and the size/quality of the videos. I'm curious if it's slower/faster for others? The following would be a good page to use as an example. Please click on the link and note how long it takes to load the entire page, to where you can scroll smoothly. There are 14 videos on the following page.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?46286-What-are-you-listening-to-now-part-2/page3

No problem loading Jim. Instantly for me.

Trigg
08-25-2014, 03:00 PM
loaded pretty fast for me

SassyLady
08-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Instantly for me, also.

Sir Evil
08-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Seems it took about 12 seconds to fully tender that page for me which kind of sucks! I did find a few issues and what helped was updating flash player to the current version which brought the load time to about 5 seconds. I also unselceted hardware acceleration in the flash setting which was recommended. Reading on various websites people have complained about this issue and various things were mentioned but seems the bigger issues were with thos using google chrome as thier browser and even with those updating flash seems to of greatly helped. Many have pointed out as well that using youtube directly has become much slower so it's probably all relevant

NightTrain
09-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Instantly, and AVG was running a scan at the time, as well.

Using XP and Chrome on my old laptop.