PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Gettysurg

Gunny
08-27-2014, 11:25 PM
I've won it for the South against 6 Marine Corps officers. Stupid test I had to take. Let's play. :laugh:

NightTrain
08-28-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm game.

Do I get Sherman tanks? :happy0203:

CSM
08-28-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm game.

Do I get Sherman tanks? :happy0203:

You get Sherman tanks if I can have tactical nuclear hand grenades.

Gunny
08-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Okay ....

Lee screwed up for more than not feeling well. He was a suggestive rather than a directive commander. Lee gave A.P. Hill the suggestive order to take Little Round Top rather than directive. " ...if you think it practicable". A. P. Hill had taken command of Stonewall Jackson's 3rd Corps following his death at Chancellorville. Now, anyone that knows ANYTHING about history KNOWS what Jackson would have done. Hill put III Corps into bivouac. Had Hill attacked Little Round Top, the strategic positions at Gettysburg would have been reversed. Lee would have held the high ground and Meade would have had no choice but attack him. Meade ws under constant pressure from Lincoln to engage the enemy.

The winner gets to write the history books, but the fact is, had the Union lost at Gettysburg it would have required divine intervention. Lee was suffering migraines or whatever, but he should have relinquished command temporarily. Longstreet would've beaten Meade's army in a second. The Union was so paranoid Lee was going to attack DC that all they had to do is slip right. get between Meade and DC, and the pansies would've crapped their pants. And Lee could have picked his own high ground and defensive position. And he was a defensive genius.

How's that for a start? :)

NightTrain
09-02-2014, 12:34 PM
That's above my pay grade, and probably why I'm not a Gunny.

Just give me my tank and show me where First is.