PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 1-3

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Bastards lost 10-0 to Carolina last night to finish the preseason at 1-3. The only 2 good things - Big Ben had a great preseason in his limited playing, and opening day is against the Cleveland Brownies.

And I hope all of your teams suck this year! Please list your teams so I can put a curse on them...

Jeff - Dolphins
Abbey - Giants
hjmick - Texans
Darin - Seahawks
Gunny - Cowboys
Sir Evil - Vikings

Gunny
08-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Bastards lost 10-0 to Carolina last night to finish the preseason at 1-3. The only 2 good things - Big Ben had a great preseason in his limited playing, and opening day is against the Cleveland Brownies.

And I hope all of your teams suck this year! Please list your teams so I can put a curse on them...

Jeff - Dolphins
Abbey - Giants
hjmick - Texans
Darin - Seahawks
Gunny - Cowboys
Sir Evil - Vikings

Dude, we're gonna fight now. I'm a Steelers fan. Period. Don't ascribe me to the Plowboys without cause. Besides, you'd be wasting a curse if you put one on them. They've got their own own special misery going on called Jerry Jones. Your curse can't touch THAT.:laugh:

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Dude, we're gonna fight now. I'm a Steelers fan. Period. Don't ascribe me to the Plowboys without cause. Besides, you'd be wasting a curse if you put one on them. They've got their own own special misery going on called Jerry Jones. Your curse can't touch THAT.:laugh:

I thought their curse was Romo, who leads them every year to over 4k in passing and gives them hope, only to choke in the end! I had the Steelers thing mixed up, I thought you left for the 'Boys, but it's the other way around.

fj1200
08-29-2014, 08:21 AM

You can put me down for the Lions but they had their own special kind of curse. Maybe a coming new owner will put an end to it.

darin
08-29-2014, 09:05 AM
I guess I'm (trying to be) a Lions fan, too.

Hey Gunny...I'd love to see Jim change your avatar to a cowboys logo :)

:D

Abbey Marie
08-29-2014, 12:36 PM

Jeff - Dolphins
Abbey - Giants
hjmick - Texans
Darin - Seahawks
Gunny - Cowboys
Sir Evil - Vikings

Lol! Don't waste your breath- the Giants are probably gonna suck anyway!

Gunny
08-29-2014, 02:22 PM
I thought their curse was Romo, who leads them every year to over 4k in passing and gives them hope, only to choke in the end! I had the Steelers thing mixed up, I thought you left for the 'Boys, but it's the other way around.

I've been a Steelers fan since 1970. They sucked, and so did Bradshaw. He was horrible. But their defense has ALWAYS come to play. You might win the game, but they'll flat beat your ass and half your starters will be on the sidelines watching next weekend.

I am sort of a Cowboys fan. It's in the blood. I'm a Texan. What can I say? I loved them when they had the original Doomsday. They're pansies now, and owned by a carpetbagger that doesn't know squat about football. And his son's even dumber than he is. Pass on Johnny Manziel?

Romo's just another Danny White. Holds all the records and chokes every time when the game's on the line.

Gunny
08-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I guess I'm (trying to be) a Lions fan, too.

Hey Gunny...I'd love to see Jim change your avatar to a cowboys logo :)

:D

That's just mean.:laugh:

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Exhibition games are glorified scrimmages, which means they count nada. Starters barely play. Nothing is decided until the first regular season game.

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 08:49 AM

Jeff - Dolphins
Abbey - Giants
hjmick - Texans
Darin - Seahawks
Gunny - Cowboys
Sir Evil - Vikings

Miami loses, Giants lose (2 more INT's for Eli and now OWEN 2), Seahawks lose, Vikings lose... Don't think I forgot you, FJ, Lions lost too!

Texand and Cowgirls win.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Miami loses, Giants lose (2 more INT's for Eli and now OWEN 2), Seahawks lose, Vikings lose... Don't think I forgot you, FJ, Lions lost too!

Texand and Cowgirls win.

Well of course the Cowboys won. Out of conference game that didn't matter and apparently, Tennessee doesn't have a run defense. DeMarco Murray racked up 176 yards on them.

The team that surpised me is the Saints. They were supposed to be lots better.

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Well of course the Cowboys won. Out of conference game that didn't matter and apparently, Tennessee doesn't have a run defense. DeMarco Murray racked up 176 yards on them.

The team that surpised me is the Saints. They were supposed to be lots better.

Yeah, another bad day for Steelers as both Cincy and Brownies win.

hjmick
09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Two more weeks, jim, and the Texans meet the Steelers...

Next week we get the Giants...

fj1200
09-15-2014, 09:23 AM
... Don't think I forgot you, FJ, Lions lost too!

Jerk! :mad: In my head they could have been undefeated.

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Two more weeks, jim, and the Texans meet the Steelers...

Next week we get the Giants...

Enjoy the victory next week! :)

I think we actually play your team in like a month or so? :texflag:

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Jerk! :mad: In my head they could have been undefeated.

In your head you could be Super Bowl champions too, but that's why they play the games!! :beer::poke:

fj1200
09-15-2014, 09:35 AM
In your head you could be Super Bowl champions too, but that's why they play the games!! :beer::poke:

Exactly. You didn't change the outcome of anything but it's still your fault. :slap:

gabosaurus
09-15-2014, 10:18 AM
How did the Seahawks end up losing to the Chargers? :confused:

Abbey Marie
09-15-2014, 02:04 PM

We'll have to ask Darin ;)

hjmick
09-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Enjoy the victory next week! :)

I think we actually play your team in like a month or so? :texflag:

You're correct. October 20th.

Have to get through the Giants, Bills, Cowboys, and Colts first... What the hell was I looking at...

hjmick
09-15-2014, 05:18 PM

Really? Until last year the Seahawks have been disappointing fans since 1976! Last year was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE

...a fluke...

darin
09-16-2014, 05:18 AM
How did the hawks lose? They got their arse beat. :)

I had my two days of mourning, now i'm fired up about whoopin' Denver :)

jimnyc
09-16-2014, 05:35 AM
How did the hawks lose? They got their arse beat. :)

I had my two days of mourning, now i'm fired up about whoopin' Denver :)

Gonna be a great game, or should be, and lucky you guys got the 12'th man for this one!!

Gunny
09-16-2014, 06:02 AM

The Chargers are a better team and exploited Richard Sherman. @dmp :poke:

darin
09-16-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't play for the seahawks :)

And point of order- they exploited the seahawks defensive scheme ;)

Gunny
09-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I don't play for the seahawks :)

And point of order- they exploited the seahawks defensive scheme ;)

You DON'T? Wouldn't know it when they win. or lose a Superbowl :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Me thinks Jim is feeling REALLY good tonight... :cheers2:

jimnyc
09-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Me thinks Jim is feeling REALLY good tonight... :cheers2:

Thrilled with the win, but they had to great linebackers injured and their CB broke his arm. :(

Gunny
09-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Thrilled with the win, but they had to great linebackers injured and their CB broke his arm. :(

Have to wait n see. Lambert played with a broken arm. Not the same game as it was then

aboutime
09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Jim. Thought you might like this. It IS about Football, It IS American, and All of us know how the ACLU feels when defending Athiests.

Just take a look at the link.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/great-cheerleaders-take-bold-stand-football-games-moment-silence/

For the EASILY Insulted, Offended, and Gnosticators among us....enjoy....

jimnyc
09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Have to wait n see. Lambert played with a broken arm. Not the same game as it was then

I read he is likely done for the year, 2 months at a minimum. Ya know what, I love Taylor, but he's getting old. They're putting in William Gay to replace him, but I think they should start giving the younger guys some time.

jimnyc
09-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Jim. Thought you might like this. It IS about Football, It IS American, and All of us know how the ACLU feels when defending Athiests.

Just take a look at the link.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/great-cheerleaders-take-bold-stand-football-games-moment-silence/

For the EASILY Insulted, Offended, and Gnosticators among us....enjoy....

Good for them. If people don't like it, cover your ears or go to the concession stands.

Another reason I love Nascar - they proudly have an invocation prayer in front of 100,000+ at every event!

hjmick
09-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Dagnabbit...

aboutime
09-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Good for them. If people don't like it, cover your ears or go to the concession stands.

Another reason I love Nascar - they proudly have an invocation prayer in front of 100,000+ at every event!

http://icansayit.com/images/amen.jpg