PDA

View Full Version : Those stereotypes about inbred rural Southerners...

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Ever wonder how they came about and why they won't go away?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737665/Brother-sister-charged-having-sex-three-times-trailer-church-parking-lot-watched-The-Notebook.html

Nukeman
08-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Ever wonder how they came about and why they won't go away?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737665/Brother-sister-charged-having-sex-three-times-trailer-church-parking-lot-watched-The-Notebook.html
Sad thing is that can be said for ALL Stereotypes. Unfortunately most stereotypes have their origins in fact... So Gabs where do we draw the line... Which are acceptable to make fun of and which are off limits????:poke:

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Sad thing is that can be said for ALL Stereotypes. Unfortunately most stereotypes have their origins in fact... So Gabs where do we draw the line... Which are acceptable to make fun of and which are off limits????:poke:

According to standards set by DP, nothing is off limits.

Gunny
08-29-2014, 04:47 PM

Accuse me of being a Marine. Check

Accuse me of being a Texan. Check

Accuse me of being a redneck. Check.

Accuse me of being a white alpha male. Check

Damn. Looks like I'm 4 for 4, gabby.:laugh:

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 06:13 PM

I have a question, which actually may be a request. WHY do you always have to accuse "DP" of things? That's using YOUR brush to paint the entire board as one. Why not use that brush to paint the individuals guilty of posting what you don't like, instead of the entire board? You do well posting for awhile and then the trolling returns.

aboutime
08-29-2014, 06:18 PM
I have a question, which actually may be a request. WHY do you always have to accuse "DP" of things? That's using YOUR brush to paint the entire board as one. Why not use that brush to paint the individuals guilty of posting what you don't like, instead of the entire board? You do well posting for awhile and then the trolling returns.

;)

tailfins
08-29-2014, 10:11 PM

In that case, you are cordially invited offer the single guys on this forum Greek services. You should go with your strong suit. Your only value is BELOW your waist.

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I was merely posting a very strange incident for the purpose of continued discussion.

Kathianne
08-30-2014, 12:14 AM

That would take her to actually knowing what she's referring to. It's so much easier to paint the whole board as being in line with the worst elements.

Hey, she likes Abbey!

Gunny
08-30-2014, 04:19 AM
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I was merely posting a very strange incident for the purpose of continued discussion.

So continue without the not-so-hidden barbs. What's wrong with us rednecks, Gabby? We think for ourselves? Don't need the media and a political party to do it for us? Like to live our lives without some nosy dipstick telling us how?

You want to stereotype rednecks. But if we stereotype leftwingers, blacks, or whatever, then we are racist or Fox News channel watching drones, right?

SO what's the difference between you and those you accuse? Besides the difference.