PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day weekend plans anyone?

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 04:51 PM
My sister and her husband are taking my kid to Dallas for a brief visit with relatives. Leaving my husband and I to spend a few days in Las Vegas.
Anyone else?

Gunny
08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
My sister and her husband are taking my kid to Dallas for a brief visit with relatives. Leaving my husband and I to spend a few days in Las Vegas.
Anyone else?

I'm going to stay sober tonight. Some people have bigger expectations than others. I hope you have a good weekend. :)

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Oh man, wish I was going to Vegas, never been there. Enjoy!!

My plans are to watch college football and a movie I downloaded. Oh, and visit my wife's grandmother in the assisted living place tomorrow for her birthday. She turned 94 today!! She doesn't get around well, but still smart and witty as hell. Sitting down and just listening to stories of when she was a kid is hilarious.

Gunny
08-29-2014, 06:24 PM

My plans are to watch college football and a movie I downloaded. Oh, and visit my wife's grandmother in the assisted living place tomorrow for her birthday. She turned 94 today!! She doesn't get around well, but still smart and witty as hell. Sitting down and just listening to stories of when she was a kid is hilarious.

Your grandmother's still alive? That's totally cool. Hope everything works out.

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Your grandmother's still alive? That's totally cool. Hope everything works out.

Nah, my grandmother passed back in like 1996. This is my wife's grandmother. She broke her hip some months back, was in the hospital, then rehab unit and now living in an assisted living home. She's an old fashioned Italian woman. Very stubborn!

Gunny
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Nah, my grandmother passed back in like 1996. This is my wife's grandmother. She broke her hip some months back, was in the hospital, then rehab unit and now living in an assisted living home. She's an old fashioned Italian woman. Very stubborn!

Doesn't fit in with the family much, huh?

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 11:44 PM

Vegas is a wonderful place to visit if you can get free lodging and food. Courtesy of a sister-in-law who works at Caesers. :cool:

Kathianne
08-30-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm heading back to IL to see my first grandchild, hopefully born 8/29 or 8/30. I'll be there Sunday, not soon enough!

SassyLady
08-30-2014, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm moving soon so I'm having a yard sale Saturday and Sunday. Told the woman that is helping me pack that if she sets up and works the sale she can have 50% of the money. If it doesn't sell it's going to the Hospice Goodwill or the Women's Homeless Shelter.

Hope all of you have a safe holiday whatever you do and wherever you are!!

SassyLady
08-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Well, I'm moving soon so I'm having a yard sale Saturday and Sunday. Told the woman that is helping me pack that if she sets up and works the sale she can have 50% of the money. If it doesn't sell it's going to the Hospice Goodwill or the Women's Homeless Shelter.

Hope all of you have a safe holiday whatever you do and wherever you are!!

$620.00 today!!! :dance:

tailfins
08-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Anyone else?

I'm looking for a permanent place to live ... also in the Dallas area. :laugh: If you see an FJ Cruiser with New Hampshire license plates (not many of those in Dallas) don't forget to stick out your tongue so I can give you a Boston salute.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Now don't be jealous, but we will just continue cleaning out our messy garage.

Have fun everyone!

PixieStix
08-31-2014, 02:35 PM
I am doing nothing but hanging out at home. Last week was devastating and very emotional. I just need to try to relax.

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day :wraparms:

By the way. I love your smilies :thumb: